What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stinky room

Scrappy-doo

I've scrubbed both pushing and pulling. Works either way. If you're pushing you might want to use a pre-filter or else you'll get dust and hairs and stuff clogging up the carbon. Pantie hose work well enough if you're on the cheap.

DoDad

air purifier. works pretty good. one with ozone generator works even better.

You know what else works well?

Keeping the tent zippered.

Closing the aroma escape hatches and creating negative pressure in the tent has been the most productive of all.

I have ZERO pot smell this morning.

What else works is don't grow extra stinky weed if your situation won't allow it.

I may chop these Afghans early and get them out of there anyway. I smoked some of the leaves yesterday and the damn stuff had my eyes drooping in minutes. It forced me to take a nap, I woke up and was still loaded. That stuff is strong both in smell and effect. It's the one causing my odor problem too.

This is the strain from Herbies they give away for free with order. Herbies told me via an email that it was a pre-release strain. It was a strain to stay awake.

Herbies said: "The free Afghan regs are produced by Seedsman; they’re not on general release yet, hence they’re not currently listed on the site. Please refer to the product info for Afghani #1 regs from Sensi Seeds, as the specifications are near identical."

https://sensiseeds.com/en/cannabis-seeds/sensi-seeds/afghani-1

These are my best plants, best female in the tent and I have 4 clones going strong from this mother. The mother is full of bud sites and white hairs but considering I already have more than I can smoke in a year, I could afford to stop her production now and grow something more suitable next time.

Fact is, it's not a strain suitable for stealth grows. It may not be the smelliest of all, but nobody with their olfactory nerves connected would call it low odor.

DoDad

I thought the whole problem was that it stinks when you open the tent...

True. I thought it was "just" that but with the leaks it was open all the time.

I don't have the whole air flow thing down yet but know what to do to test it now, so it's on my list.

Still, those stinky ass plants all stuffed in a small tent in a small bedroom doesn't leave much to the imagination.

The Fabulosa isn't overpowering this morning but it's still there. That's the only thing I smell and not really even that. Something has changed.

On a followup. I use a vaporizer 99% of the time. My daytime setting is 377*.

This morning after a good nights rest I again tried that Afghani but this time rather than smoke it through my Infamous $40 Vapor Brothers Hydrator No Name Knock-Off https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4jxFlClZ7M

I used my trusty Vapir No2 at 377*. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapir-no2.1694/

Same deal. My eyes right now feel heavy, it's like I have lazy eye in both eyes. No pain though, like the smell in my room, it's gone.

Last edited:

DoDad

My output is upper top left, this is where the air is extracted. I opened the bottom right vent this morning which is now one of my intakes.

I took a sheet of toilet paper and placed it over the intake and let it go. The toilet paper stayed in place so I have to think, I have negative pressure in the tent or the piece of paper would have fallen to the ground.

I also have my back center bottom vent open which is next to a wall. So today I'll have two passive intakes open, and hopefully have created cross tent top to bottom negative pressure.

I'll be anxious to see what type of smell builds up in there. I'm thinking now that ventilation needed to be address as well as the leakage. Now I'm doing better I think at both.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i have one of those commercial tents with the gaps around the zippers and the flaps you open for ventilation. lights on it has negative pressure cuz i have the main fan on. but that shits loud as hell and i run my AC all the time so i don't need the exhaust on at night. during the night theres only a little fan in there but it's enough to have positive pressure. i'm not even concerned about that. i have a veg tent with no filter and that one is where most of the smells come from. i have an air purifier on in my house. doesn't smell like weed unless i have my tent open and it's lights on. or i take the filter off. air purifier with ozone generator built in and permanent filter, none of that buying filters every 3 months scam bullshit. only $30. best deal ever.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i find it works best in the room outside the tent. the instructions say "for best results place near source of odor"

DoDad

I think I have another solution. Don't grow a smelly ass strain.

There are many good strains that won't stink up the neighborhood. I'm actually growing one right now along side the stinky strain.

Both are in flower and giving each the smell test, there is no question which one smells the most.

Another thing, if I defoliate that helps tremendously.