What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I am assuming this plant is a male?

DoDad

M or F on this one?

Attachments

• male.jpg
    male.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 6

DoDad

you assume correctly... tiz a boy..

If you insist on giving me bad news, I won't ask you about my others.

Actually, I think 4 out of my seven are males which I have slaved over for over for 8 weeks.

Remind my dumbass to grow only feminized seeds next time, k?

That male was chopped, is drying. I put a female clone in the tent in his place. That doesn't make me feel that much better but I do have some leaves to add to my leaf stash.

I only have room for a few plants at a time. I should be more selective about my seeds.

Here is that male. He was big, healthy and sexy.

Attachments

• male2.jpg
    male2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 6

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
lol sorry bro, had to be said ;)

shame, he looked like a good one too, maybe would have been nice to make seeds with a female... anyway.. I have the same trouble as you (limited space) so I tend to keep a mother or two to take cuttings from and only run seeds from time to time if I got space to waste on males... otherwise I buy fem seeds... some folks dont thnk theyre up to much but I never had any trouble with them...

but yeah when you're not looking for a boy its gutting to spend all that time and love on a plant that you're gonna toss in the trash..

best of luck with the rest... the girls (when they show) will start by throwing 2 orange hairs out in a V shape .... boys grow balls, and girls grow V's (lol)

careful though as you see in this pic, the hairs come from a kind of ball shaped preflower... you will learn to spot the diffrence but in the beginning it can be a little confusing... (random internet photo)

picture.php

Last edited:

DoDad

lol sorry bro, had to be said ;)

I accept your apologies. Why can't all weed plants be female? Oh, I remember.

A few of mine still are not showing anything I would consider sex. Some pre-ball action maybe, some spikiness going on but no white hairs. Some are showing white hairs.

I have 4 different strains at about the same age, and I'm hopeful that is causing the difference.

That male was bag seed. He was dried last night, and I'm vaping him today. I'll use his roots and stems to make butter. He didn't grow in vain.

Ingski

I've got some males i'll be having to kill in the near future. It's just part of the deal dude! Gotta do what you gotta do.

DoDad

Plant 2. M or F?

I only see that one clump not multiple balls. is it just too early to show?

Attachments

• plant2.jpg
    plant2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 5

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
congratulations mr dad... it's a girl.. ;)

wait a couple days and you'll see the hairs... unless I'm wrong.. then you wont and you'll have to come back and tell me so :)

DoDad

congratulations mr dad... it's a girl.. ;)

wait a couple days and you'll see the hairs... unless I'm wrong.. then you wont and you'll have to come back and tell me so :)

I've been waiting for nearly 3 weeks now to see hair. Much like my last Girlfriend.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
the longer ones tend to be girls. you'll see the white hair/pistil sticking out long before you see a cluster of balls like your pic. watch the top 3 nodes. that's where you'll see it first.
picture.php

picture.php

girls

picture.php

picture.php

boys.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
one day, even with fem seeds, you'll find a couple/few seeds, in with the bud.. if/when you grow them out will be the beginning of you breeding the bitches... THEN, some days after, you will wish for a male.. its a sickness... like tattoos..

DoDad

Thanks everyone. I may have more females than I thought. I was hoping I could find the males for sure today and replace the males with female clones. Looks like I'll have to wait a bit more.

DoDad

don't get female seeds.. unless your buying S1s.. honestly.. always want to have the option of making f2s or crosses with males.. especially since seeds are expensive.. especially if you want to do 30-50 per pheno hunt in a small tent.

I'm just growing head stash and really I don't need a sea of weed. 8 plants? You cannot be serious.

I had to treat the tent for Thrips this morning so I had all my plants out. I did some serious defoliation and all seems right with the world. Less stinky in my room now.

Actually, what happened was this.

I ordered a low odor strain the SS #1 and with my order I got 1 free Afghan seed from Herbies.

I killed all but two of the SS#1 at the seedling stage but the Afghan made it through the initial phase. I didn't have enough seedlings left to fill out my 8 spots in my tent so I germed some bag seeds.

So today, I have the one Afghan, 2 Short stuff #1 autos, and 3 bag seed plants. I cloned that Afghan and got lucky it was a fem. I have two clones in my tent of that Afghan female making a total of 8 in the tent. I also have 2 clones in my closet of the Afgan in a DWC. Unfortunately, the Afghan is the stinkiest one.

Trying to grow 7-8 plants in 3 linear feet with a 45 day veg I ran out of room and quick. The foliage was so dense nothing was getting light so I've lollipoped 3 or 4 times just trying to keep the bud sites open.

I learned a lot this first grow and while I can't say I have grown any buds yet, I am a leaf growing fool. I'm very good at killing seedlings too I learned and growing males at any time for me is a waste of space.

DoDad

My first grow i lost three outta four hard times on the plus the female was a beauty

All we need is one good one. Or all I need is one good one. I'm trying to grow 8 at a time hoping I can keep one alive all the way to flower.

So far I have about 4-6 oz maybe of leaves that vape very nicely. Frankly, I already have enough leaves for me to vape for 2 years. Once this harvest is complete, I might have enough to last me several years.

I vape 100% of the time with a very efficient vaporizer. 1/10th of a gram, puts me in a very nice place. 3 ounces of weed usually lasts me a year of twice daily use. I have more than that already dried and bagged and haven't grown a single bud.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
wish I could get back all the money spent on seeds that I destroyed in the beginning.. :cry:

Latest posts

Latest posts