What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First week of flower down.

FroctorD

My first week is in the books and I wanted to get some 3rd party perspective on things. I have 5 Cocoa Kush and 1 Whitaker Blues. A few stray clones remain, but only because I don't want to kill them.
All plants in the 5 gal smart pots have a variation of manifold training.

Tent is 4'x8'x7'
I have 3 315W CMH fixtures
coco/perlite and GH trio basic with calimagic

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
nah, you got it under control op, they gone stretch quite abit n the next few weeks anyways keep up with the regular updates on this thread - got my lazyboy and popcorn

FroctorD

These were in veg for about 70 days believe it or not. The technique requires a lot of recovery, and I'm still a newb. I thought about a little more height, but I'm concerned about the heat near the end of flower so I flipped 'em. Thanks for the comments!

FroctorD

Should have vegged them longer...

Are you saying that because of the height? They ranged from 12"-14" at the start of flower. I did not get them as wide as I wanted to and was also concerned about light penetration after they settle down from stretching.

FroctorD

Day 14 Flower

I'm not getting the stretch I was expecting, but the node spacing looks good. Hopefully they can all join hands in the end.

Ingski

Looking good! I'm sure they'll fill out quite a bit. What techniques were you using that took a long recovery time?

FroctorD

I'm using the mainlining/manifolding technique. That combined with a lot of new elements this round I'm still figuring out.

Ingski

Ahh sorry I should've know that. I over looked the pics last time. Nice job! Do you think it's paying off? I've been considering trying it, but it seems like it takes a long time for the plants to get with it compared to scrog.

FroctorD

I don't have much experience with any other training, but it's because I have had great success so far. Strain selection is extremely important, I can say that much. Tall stretching, single cola dominant strains make the best of it. But any variety can benefit. It takes less hands on time than scrog, and the recovery time can be minimal with a good full hydro set-up.

For me, the cultivation is just as therapeutic as the end product, so I don't mind the extra veg time.

Ingski

It's definitely something I would like to try out at some point, I'm giving scrogging a go this time around though. Good luck, keep us posted!

Latest posts

Latest posts