What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can you get sick ?

lotatokin

is it nessesary to flush,or do something to your buds?,,,i just picked and dried, and 2 of my buddies got sick.one actually puked,the other just had an upset stomach.i believe i gave nutes 3-4 days before i picked this particular bud.

trouble

Veteran
lotatokin said:
i just picked and dried, and 2 of my buddies got sick.one actually puked,the other just had an upset stomach.

Must be some good SHIT....
:friends:

Hail

I haven't really heard of anyone getting sick but I was forced to chop a Northern Lights clone before I had the chance to flush it. It was a 100% organic grow in which I was feeding the NL heavy doses of Fish Emulsion (yeah I know, it's better for veg) fert at the time of flowering.. To make everything short.. The buds tasted like SHIT!

M

mallyone

Hail said:
I haven't really heard of anyone getting sick but I was forced to chop a Northern Lights clone before I had the chance to flush it. It was a 100% organic grow in which I was feeding the NL heavy doses of Fish Emulsion (yeah I know, it's better for veg) fert at the time of flowering.. To make everything short.. The buds tasted like SHIT!

How was the potency of your fishy buds though :) ?

If chopping before flush, what about just sticking the stalk (or stalks) in a vase of water for a week or two?

m1.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
By any chance did your friends eat at Mc Donalds that day?? :bashhead: :muahaha:

Sorry....couldn't resist!! :wave:

Have you used any pesticides or foliar sprays??

Hail

mallyone said:
How was the potency of your fishy buds though :) ?

If chopping before flush, what about just sticking the stalk (or stalks) in a vase of water for a week or two?

m1.

The potency was average.. Not bad but not great.. Pretty good considering I got the clones from some complete idiots who had no idea what they were doing. They went from hydro to crappy soil with no nutes and completly uneven light schedule (being indoor for up to 2 days with no light). I felt sorry for the poor clones so I took them and transplanted them into some good soil and started feeding them the fishy fert. The buds started packing on weight fast so much so that it was too much for the stalks (Which were about as big as a straw) so I had to have them be held up with sticks.

Last edited:
G

if bud is not cured it upset my stomach..me thinks its because the chlorophyll has not had time to break down or something like that...peace...

G

Assume there is no signs of bud rot or powder mildew? I'd check... nothing worse than pot that makes ya puke.

Rastanfisk

Was it Dry? your weed .
If you don't let it dry man it will taste like SHIT and if you don´t flush one week to 2weeks before cutting it down, it will taste like Shit.

Do another try on growing and let it be green bro.

Peace

Edit.
And yes, you can get sick if you're
to smoke a lot of weed.
:rasta: :joint:

Last edited:

Storm Crow

Veteran
Hi sweetie, You may want to water cure your bud. When you just pick and dry (especially if you use heat to dry it), the sugars and ferts are still in the bud. Tends to make you cough. Water curing is fast- taking only days rather than weeks. You bud comes out a bit more potent per gram, but you lose taste. It is also dang smooth smoking!

Just dump the dried bud into a glass jar, cover it with water (I like distilled- speeds things up a bit) and put something on it to keep it underwater. Let it sit overnight. Pour off the greenish water and gently refill. Let sit overnight. Repeat for at least 3 days, a few more doesn't hurt. Then dry it out- put it on a cookie sheet, warm the oven to 250-no higher, turn it off, hold the door open for a moment or two and put the bud in. Close the door and let it sit. Stir the pot every 10 minutes or so. Repeat if necessary. The heat will(what is it? decarbolize? sorry, just medicated- but there was a thread on increasing your pot's potency recently and they discussed it.) anyway, it will cause a non-psychedelic compound in the pot to change to THC. Too hot will vaporize the THC and ruin the pot. Or you could just let it air dry. Safer. - Granny

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
I've never heard of anyone puking from weed, even if it's unflushed, at the very worst, it'll just taste bad.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
panopticist said:
I've never heard of anyone puking from weed, even if it's unflushed, at the very worst, it'll just taste bad.
come to my home lmao few ppl have eithered brown bombered {craped pants like a shart lol } :laughing: or puked from to large of a hit and when it expends it just tears them up lmao :muahaha: nothing funnier then having some1 say can i use your restroom bro. i grow organic and flush for 5-10 days before chop my smoke isnt harsh either to large of hit from the sugar shack and mike tyson beats up your lungs lol

lol. Can't say I've experienced anything like that either. I take samples of my crops from time to time and just let dry for 4 or 5 days to get an idea of what type of high to expect and how much longer to keep in flower. Those samples usually are pretty harsh smokes and dont taste too good, but just makes you cough hard. I have been in situations before that coughing hard enough eventually can make you puke. One thing to consider also is the life span of your nutes. A lot of shops forget to mention shelf life. Lots of organics I believe last about a year if kept in a cool dry place when stored.

G

I've had friends puke before but its cuz they tried ripping a huge bong hit and couldnt hold it, resulting in a gag effect and eventually puking. But this was commerc, not homegrown.

Ive noticed you need a decent cure... and definately a good dry, or else it does taste gross and could make you vomit? But I don't see how the chemicals could make them puke... unless you grew it with nuclear waste?

Lizard Fish

I am totally sensitive to unflushed greens. Just smelling them makes my stomach kinda turn in knots. I puked once from taking a bonghit of AOTA that was purchased from a club and was not flushed. If you put ten samples of herb in front of me and one was unflushed i could tell the unflushed one 98% of the time, by smell alone. To me it usually tastes just like it smells, like nutes.

clowntown

Veteran
This is really embarrassing, but I'll admit it.

Prior to moving to California some years ago, I had never experienced the quality of herb that is available here. All that I had smoked was seedy, low-potency shit. Trichomes were unheard of, the hype amongst us supernoob kids was "red hairs" if I recall correctly. I don't know, I wasn't really into weed back then. I think I smoked once every few months, if that.

The first few times that I smoked some Cali dank, I couldn't handle it. It was too much. The extremely powerful high took over and made me sick. This wasn't some un-flushed chemmy weed that was harsh or anything, if I can remember it correctly. It was just straight up dank and my body couldn't handle it, having absolutely zero tolerance. I was smoking this stuff like I was smoking the schwag.

My friends had no problems with it, and wondered if I was allergic to weed. :pointlaug That same weed got me plenty high later that week and the next, after slowing down and taking much fewer hits.

thats a good point to think of too. when i first started smokin I ran into that a couple of times when my and my buddies would spend the extra buck to get some good smoke. so everybody - be concious of your limits.

Latest posts

Latest posts