What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Days in flower

Pwyll

Does the type of style of growing - super soil vs bottled nutrients- have any impact on flowering time?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
yes but it varies on the microbiological activity which is reliant on temp

I have had some of my LOS gardens finish as fast if not faster as some of my hydro gardens and I have had them run longer as well

Once again all temp dependant

YetiOG

Does the type of style of growing - super soil vs bottled nutrients- have any impact on flowering time?

I found it does but enviroment and light source make a bigger difference. Sone stuff ive seen does finish a week or so faster in hydro but i wouldnt nake tge broad claim everything would

Pwyll

All 6 of my plants are taking an extra 7-10 days. Not sure if it's the switch to supersoil or the switch to scrog. I kept them under the screen for the first 2-3 weeks. All plants productive and healthy

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Keeping thigs super broad and general, yes Hydro is faster than soil. For the most part soil will be the slowest method of growing. I would say going from slowest to fastest grow methods would be soil>coco>hydro>aeroponics

Botanical lady

1500 gal recipe for nutrient based compost tea

1500 gal recipe for nutrient based compost tea

Hello all.
New to IC sorry to ask this but was unable to fine where i can post my questions
Ive moved up to 1500 gal fir several commercial growers in 100 to 112 degrees.
I brew teas and have been using a super organic sea life soil. Azomite. Crustacian meal. Blood meal. Alfalfa, worm c. Quano, feather meal, fish bone meal, molasses, Humic. I use cal mag every other tea brew. I need help in amounts of these ingredients for 1500 gal batches. Im looking for end game of soil vigor micros, but to not have to add and salts or solvents and go solid with just these teas.
Peace and happy harvest to all.

KIS

Like previously mentioned, it really depends on the biological and enzymatic quality of your soil, but really the biggest factor in finishing time in my opinion is genetics.

KIS

Hello all.
New to IC sorry to ask this but was unable to fine where i can post my questions
Ive moved up to 1500 gal fir several commercial growers in 100 to 112 degrees.
I brew teas and have been using a super organic sea life soil. Azomite. Crustacian meal. Blood meal. Alfalfa, worm c. Quano, feather meal, fish bone meal, molasses, Humic. I use cal mag every other tea brew. I need help in amounts of these ingredients for 1500 gal batches. Im looking for end game of soil vigor micros, but to not have to add and salts or solvents and go solid with just these teas.
Peace and happy harvest to all.

What's the purpose of this tea? To supply nutrients? To increase microbial activity and biomass?

If it's for the latter, then you would want to reduce your ingredients down to just compost and molasses and make sure you have adequate aeration.

If it's just for nutrients, then I would say that it really depends on the quality of your soil and what the plant may actually need. I wouldn't be adding cal-mag for example, without a soil test or obvious calcium or magnesium deficiency. I don't like cal-mag at all really because it's the wrong ratio of ca to mg and I much prefer to add these ingredients separately based on a soil test.