What's new

Question about reusing coco

Agropop

Hi, friend of mine used this coco only once (one grow), and now he wanted to reuse it, but when he opened the bag in which he stored his used coco I was little surprised about the colour (gray not brown) of his coco, and I would like to ask you, if this colour is ok, or should rather be used new coco for another grow? Its Plagron coco.

Attachments

• DSCN3275.jpg
    DSCN3275.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 14

Hen

That's really weird. My old coco has never turned grey. After continuous use, it just turns more powdery.

Agropop

I also did not seen such colour of coco, thats why I asked, and Im glad I did, cause its not good and its not worth to risk with new grow/plant... He will buy new coco.
Oh and wet is just black, he hit it with 10l of hot water...no good.

YetiOG

Hi, friend of mine used this coco only once (one grow), and now he wanted to reuse it, but when he opened the bag in which he stored his used coco I was little surprised about the colour (gray not brown) of his coco, and I would like to ask you, if this colour is ok, or should rather be used new coco for another grow? Its Plagron coco.

If i had to guess id say the trichoderma died and botrytis setup? How long was it sitting? It looks like its totally rotted out. Throw that shit away thats mad nasty

Agropop

It is coco for shure, no doubt here :)
I asked a friend what he did, and jup JetiOG is right, this coco is Fup because he stored coco in the closed bag, not dry, but WET... :)
:tiphat:

YetiOG

It is coco for shure, no doubt here :)
I asked a friend what he did, and jup JetiOG is right, this coco is Fup because he stored coco in the closed bag, not dry, but WET... :)
:tiphat:

Gross but it was a limited number of things it could be. Glad i can help