What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kalishnapple x Warlock

ISM2

Breeder: SGS (Secret Garden Seeds)
Strain info: untested Kalishnapple x Warlock (F1)

02/10/17 - Started three seeds using paper towel method. Used tap water that was left out for at least 24 hrs.

02/12/17 - Two seeds sprouted and have ~1/4" tap root. They were placed into prepared 1" rockwool cubes. The 3rd seed sprouted three days later.

Last edited:

ISM2

Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora Series using the Lucas ratio

02/17/17
Veg: Day 5 for KW1 and KW2, Day 3 for KW3
Here they are going into 3" net pots with hydroton. Nutrient solution of 2ml Micro, 4ml Bloom, and adjusted to 5.9pH.
Each mason jar has its own airstone.

cravin morehead

Veteran
What type of system are these going to go into? DWC? I had a warlock years ago that was some fantastic smoke. Good luck on this run

Cm

ISM2

ooo these lil dwc jars are cool looking. do they work well?

They work great! I've been using clear ones of the same size (quart) and will get a little algae growth after a while. However, these colored ones seem to do better at keeping the algae at bay. Maybe something to do with the blue color of the glass?? ...more research needed.

The jars also work well as seed germinators.

cravin morehead

Veteran
cool nursery for dwc girls. do you keep them in the jars until sexed? or just until they have a decent root system going? years ago i did a dwc in an used spice container, was like 16oz. it was just for fun to see what i could get off a res so small. i wrapped the whole jar in black electrical tape to keep light out. i remember mixing nutes and ph was a huge pain in the ass, until i started mixing a gallon at a time. let alone needing to refill a couple times a day. i ended up getting 11 grams off it.
so, are you in a tent or whole room? good environment control?
mind if i stick around for the show?

cm

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
how old are these seeds? i didnt know they did these! i ran warlock years back and it was great stuff, real dream to grow, beautiful colors too. and ive been hunting the schnapple for a few years on and off. ill tag in for this, good luck! also, i love the jar setup.

ISM2

do you keep them in the jars until sexed? or just until they have a decent root system going? are you in a tent or whole room? good environment control?

cm

Thanks for the interest and questions, cm.

I'll keep them in this setup until sexed, take clones, then up-pot to a 6" net pot. By that time they have a decent root system going into flower.

I have a 30"L x 18"H x 36"H grow tent running a 175w MH that I use for veg. It is within a closet where I have about 20sq ft used for flowering. Not a lot of room but can fit 4-5 5gal buckets in there at full capacity.

As for environment control... Nothing fancy. I have really good air exchange. and the heat from the lamp and the entire volume is directed to the outside after it is scrubbed by a carbon filter.

ISM2

how old are these seeds? i didnt know they did these! i ran warlock years back and it was great stuff, real dream to grow, beautiful colors too. and ive been hunting the schnapple for a few years on and off. ill tag in for this, good luck! also, i love the jar setup.

Thanks for checking-out the grow!
SGS made the seeds three years ago but never ran them.

I'm pretty stoked about the genetics!

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Yes I made these almost 4 yrs ago to test the Warlock stud I had. Made other crosses too. SGS is still around I just haven't released anything over the last almost 5 years now... anything you see online that is sold as SGS on any other website other than Seedbay! Are not my seeds! Those seeds were produced without my consent and sold without my consent by my old seed producer.

Anyway im still working on projects just wondering where I should release them... ISM2 is a friend of mine and was gifted these beans... they were never tested! To many other more important projects going on...

GREAT WORK MAN KEEP IT UP! I'M EXCITED TO SEE IF YOU GET A FEMALE!

The Shnapple is a monster! The yeild tho isn't as high as you would think.. the Kalishnapple cutting has monster size buds they they are not very compact... yeild is amazing but not as big as you would expect... potency is a solid 7 outta 10 .. some may say 6... but all in all its a monster to behold ... im very interested in how the very dense buds of the Warlock will show in the crossing...

SGS

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
yeah the first time i saw that cut left such a lasting impression on me. being such a stupid huge plant i always expected the potency to be low, i would have ventured 15% but man it sure looked crazy big. i bet the warlock adds potential for density mine had rock hard buds. i admit i went and looked at a few vendors and you were at a few places besides the bay, sold out autos mostly. sorry to hear about that situation. was disappointed to see most stuff appeared to be old. maybe a comeback?

ISM2

Not much happening, but I took some pics yesterday and wanted to post an update.

KW1 @ 17 days veg (rockwool cube went dry, but I was able to catch it before the plant died. However, it set it back just a little.)

KW2 @ 17 days veg

KW3 @ 14 days veg

ISM2

Things are going well. Planning to put these into flower on 4/7...just waiting for some others to finish and make room.
Clones have been taken from all three plants, but I have yet to see any signs of pre-flowers on the mothers.

KW1 at 48 days veg

KW2 at 48 days veg

KW3 at 45 days veg

cravin morehead

Veteran
nice looking little healthy plants. I typically look for preflowers around 8 weeks near the 5-7 nodes. hopefully they're all girls... looking good so far bud

cm

ISM2

Flower: Day 1

Flower: Day 1

I placed the 3" net pot into a 6" net pot and filled with hydroton.
Here they are, ready to go into flower.

And here they are under the light (360w HPS):

I'm using General Hydroponics Flora Series with the Lucas ratio of 4ml Micro and 8ml Bloom per gallon then adjusting to 5.9pH.
I changed to this ratio on day 14 of veg. The first two weeks after the seed has sprouted I use a ratio of 2:4.

Here's hoping for females! :)

cravin morehead

Veteran
fingers crossed for girlies... nice healthy looking plants. keeping some Pollen if a male shows should be worth keeping or make a couple of seeded buds on this run. when I did dwc awhile back. those same ratios of Lucas worked great for me. simple to maintain too.
good luck bro,

cm

ISM2

Sexing...

Sexing...

Well, I got one female out of the three - KW2

Here she is at 8 days flower.

Side view:

Top view:

ISM2

16 days in flower

16 days in flower