What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how often to water in coco coir

IeatCubes

So we're at about the half way mark this season for outdoors at my long/lat.

85-90 degrees everyday, full sun for about 15ish hours a day. No rain.

DB44

I've been watering to waste in coco for 3 years now, the last year using Maxibloom, and I've never ever had salt build up issues. Never. Never had a drip line clogged due to salt either, and I use the real thin micro tubing.
The only time I ever flush is for the last two weeks before harvest. Otherwise, they get fed everyday once they get roots.
Feed those plants and watch them blow up:)

Try flushing with something like Clearex, etc. 1/2 thru your veg cycle and watch what happens. If you think they were growing great before you will be in for a pleasant surprise. Nutes build-up. You don't have to flush but it will make a sizable difference.

I like to flush with a full strength nute solution once a month, just put an extra gallon of food thru ea 5 gal pot and that seems to fix anything before it gets out of hand... never had any issues I water once heavy then wait a day, then once light then wait a day, then a heavy again and so on, etc.. the last two weeks I give only fresh water and I do that everyday. CoCo RockS!!

KidKId

Watering depends on the size of the container. Go by the weight. Pick it up when dry, and pick it up after watering. You will soon be able to tell when to water.

Normally, you are going to water every 1-3 days. That said, don't listen to some people here. Don't just go by the manufactures instructions. Get a PPM/PH meter.

Some of the biggest plants I have ever seen where fed nutrient solutions that never, ever went above 700ppm. Normally in the mid 600's. Some of the best coco growers I have ever seen only use GH 3 part Flora, CalMag and Koolbloom. Thats it. They don't overload their plants with Nutrients. If the plant needs something, it will tell you, and you can adjust. It's very easy, and very simple.

You can increase the growth with stuff like Superthrive and Orca, but it really isn't needed. Fully water your plant, and pick it up. Pick it up each day. When it feels half the weight it was when fully watered, then water again. Flush with pure RO water once a month. That really is all there is to it.

If you have a good environment for the plant, it's virtually impossible to screw up using Coco. The only real way is by not giving it calmag, or by over-feeding the shit out of your plants like 90 percent of all manufacturers suggest to make you go out and buy more product.

St3ve

Watering depends on the size of the container. Go by the weight. Pick it up when dry, and pick it up after watering. You will soon be able to tell when to water.

Normally, you are going to water every 1-3 days. That said, don't listen to some people here. Don't just go by the manufactures instructions. Get a PPM/PH meter.

Some of the biggest plants I have ever seen where fed nutrient solutions that never, ever went above 700ppm. Normally in the mid 600's. Some of the best coco growers I have ever seen only use GH 3 part Flora, CalMag and Koolbloom. Thats it. They don't overload their plants with Nutrients. If the plant needs something, it will tell you, and you can adjust. It's very easy, and very simple.

You can increase the growth with stuff like Superthrive and Orca, but it really isn't needed. Fully water your plant, and pick it up. Pick it up each day. When it feels half the weight it was when fully watered, then water again. Flush with pure RO water once a month. That really is all there is to it.

If you have a good environment for the plant, it's virtually impossible to screw up using Coco. The only real way is by not giving it calmag, or by over-feeding the shit out of your plants like 90 percent of all manufacturers suggest to make you go out and buy more product.

+1

I have to whole heartedly agree about the over fertilizing. My meter broke a few weeks ago. I haven't made it over to pick up a new one yet, and since I have a general feel for how much I normally would feed, I just decided to go a little light since I couldn't actually measure it. Well, my plants look better than ever.. better than they had even when I was measuring.. which tells me I was too hot before. (even though I shoot for 800-900ppm/.7 which I thought was not too much)

Once I actually pick up the meter, I will use it to monitor what I have actually been feeding and use that as my new benchmark.
:peacock:

2 gal smarts proved too small for my perpetual indicas. one of them shiveled up during last week of flower due to root comaction I think. only other possibility was salt buidup, but im thinking pot size was my problem since when I harvested, the roots were extremely dense. looked overcrowded in the roots. but I was enf so who knows? im drip now and seems better.

Latest posts

Latest posts