What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oregon's OLCC Outdoor Rec. Requirements - Cameras/Data Backup

ondoogyob

Has anyone here gone thru the OLCC rec application process in Oregon? I'm working with an outdoor farm on their security camera system and just wondering what others have done about the 90-day off-site data backup requirement.

I'm told by a lawyer who practices in this area that "off-site" can mean storing your 90-day backup in a nearby residence. But, how do you handle copying and storing the massive amount of data (a minimum of 8 terabytes/mth for 12 cameras) from your DVR? Are you physically rotating (installing/uninstalling) a stack of 4Tb/6Tb drives? Using the DVR to backup 2Tb every wk to hot swappable drives (asking it to read that much data while it's writing the data from 12 cameras is a big ask)?

ondoogyob

So...after going thru the rules and confirming this interpretation with the OLCC, here's the answer, in the hope it'll help someone else...

A continuous off-site 30-day back up must be made of the non-networked camera placed outside the surveillance control room. This is the only camera that needs its recording to be backed up in this way.

In lieu of a continuous off-site back up of the non-networked surveillance control room camera mentioned above, a licensee may keep all required back up video surveillance recordings on site in the surveillance room or surveillance area, if that surveillance room or surveillance area:

(a) Is fully enclosed on all sides within a limited access area; and

(b) Is secured by an all metal door within a metal frame with a fire rating of 90 minutes or more and commercial grade, non-residential lock that is kept locked at all times.

Im here in Washington i began in 2014 i worked for a grower, and delivered cannabis to over 60 stores for 2 years, ive seen all sorts of rooms and ways they secured or hide the cameras recording equipment.

Regarding part B) all metal door all metal frame with 90 min fire rating,

You can only achive that by placing all your recording equipment inside a valuables/gun safe. About the only item you can get with an actual fire rating. In all the stores and farms I only seen only 1 store had wired the recording equipment inside a 1000 lb safe. Bolted to the floor 1 had metal box with padlock, but had no fire rating.

Funny thing is stores would have 2,3, 4 and upwards of 8 -10 safes for the cannabis and the recording equipment behind a locked office door.

ondoogyob

A 1000 lb safe is a creative solution. But, I think we'll be using the off-site backup option. I'm getting too old to lift anything more than a router. ;-)

It sounds like you had some great experience. I hope you had a lot of fun. I've been thinking lately about setting up a brokerage business here in Oregon, to sell product into dispensaries.