What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casey Jones Grow Along

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Looking good, excited what you come up with... I need to pop the last few CJxSB as well, they getting old and last few times I tried didnt have much success... Hopefully I get a few to pop!

Best vibes, hope you find some keepers in there on your projects!

LouDog420

CJxSB is getting old, but still had some luck a year or two ago. I imagine there's a vault somewhere with hundreds still ;)

Casey males... B8 on the left and B15 on the right... They are in a ~55-60F space under 49w of CFL, so take their runty stature with a grain of salt (cold, low light, flipped early). I'll be rerunning both again at some point but plenty for some starter pollen. I really hoped for more males than two, but the numbers decided otherwise.

B8 has a more sparse and loose flower set, delayed flowering onset with a late stretch, a bit more floppy and a bit more resin.

B15 has a denser flower set, quicker to flower, still a bit of visible resin but not quite as much as B8, and a more solid structure

49466243563_868c9d06f6_k.jpg

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Thank you for correcting me in private as reading your previous post a bit too quick I've kind of skipped the part of the post saying "females" lol !

I dumbly thought at first sight that only one girl was pictured in post #1319 as they're all displaying dominant TW genes. As an old heirloom the E-32 clone seems to breed true for many traits visible here.

Your purple P1 keeper from the original Casey release looked to me way more influenced by the ECSD V3 papa side (purple trait like ECSD, rounded leaves) as you've also noticed with your new B10 female.

B8 male seems also much more on ECSD side than B15.

Maybe the best way is to start sifting again through next offspring made with this current generation, like with a new select genepool made from B10 female x B8 male.

Imo this incross looks like it could give you way more opportunities to find and maybe lock again the ECSD traits you've previously loved years ago in your old P1 purple keeper than what you'll find in this current Casey generation.

If this particular matching is displaying the traits you've been looking for when testing the progeny in the next few months then you'll be probably on the right track to keep the select incross going further.

Best of luck mate !

LouDog420

^^^ All that is right on the money ;) You've got a great eye.

The f2 male I used for this B generation (B8, B15, B10 pictured, etc) is proving to be quite dominant. He was more of a tropical fruit/musk with a stronger structure and high yielding/high vigor. These traits seem to have been inherited quite readily by almost all in the B generation.

I'd like to go open pollination to preserve all genes using both males and somewhere around 9 selected females... As well as individual crosses using select males and females in hopes of isolating both a TW/OE line and an ECSD line for further refinement.

At the end of the day, most grow from cuts and it's about the pheno hunt, so I'm happy to have that colored cut smell and terps back around and spreading beans to the community is a secondary benefit for those still looking for casey which is as simple as letting some pollen fly.

Thanks for the input!

3rd-3yed

Veteran
You're right Lou, going both ways with an open po made first is safer in case somethings wrong happen with single pairings...

I also hope that in the future you'll be able to start another Casey selection with a big number of your remaining Casey F2 seeds to make a straight F3 gen.

We're very grateful for the good work you're doing, thank you again!

:blowbubbles:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
They're really beautiful Lou, now looking at B14 and B16 we clearly see that your original Casey "ECSD dom" keeper successfully passed many traits to this current generation.

So nice !

:peacock:

LouDog420

Same phenos as pictured before, they're the easiest to photo and some of the nicest looking. B10 still stinking heavy with that gas/diesel/colored cut stank. Not pictured here, under LED so next round will be a better comparison in terms of yield and structure. A few other phenos that look promising and will get another run, but I'd have to bet it's between B10 and the below 3...

59 days I think...

B3 - TW/THAI
49572609807_3b212ee23f_k.jpg

B14 - CHUNKY ECSD
49572379571_b2cef872ff_k.jpg

B16 -FOXTAIL ECSD - starting to toss a few single nanners on the tops, another trait of the colored cut. No pollen yet, but they've been plucked
49572375511_2ba7317618_k.jpg

antheis

Veteran
well, i popped my last cjsb seeds and have 8 viable seedlings so far. about 20 total broke ground out of 35 but i've lost 5 to damping off. thats why i say viable seedlings. i'm not counting them until their second set of true leaves due to damping off being so prevalent.

on another note - my fridge died a couple weeks ago so everything in the fridge went into coolers with ice for a few days until i got a new one. loading up the new fridge i discovered a seed jar with a good two inches of water in it. well over 100 seeds of cjsb x gdubb. so i said, 'fuckit' and chucked them all into a bed (2.5'x4') that happened to be open and have about 20 sprouts up and more coming.

i went from little to no seedlings to up to my eyeballs in less than a month.

antheis

Veteran
thanks man. i'll look into that.
on the other hand -

i'm up to almost 75 sprouts in the bed. the less i care for them the better they do. almost like they know wtf they're doing and dont need no help from nobody.

LouDog420

^^^ Nice! We welcome all casey pics and hybrids here in the grow along, please feel free to share.

Gotta love seedlings, with all that untapped potential! Damping off sucks but sounds like you got it covered now ;)

antheis

Veteran
bro, this is why i fucks with you. you've been pushing out great crosses for five plus years not getting a lot of recognition for your work, not blowing up like you should. but kept your nose to the grindstone through all your personal shit pushing out fire. people still asleep on gdubb. how the fuck do you still have seeds available?

so thank you for you doing what doing no matter what.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I need to take my GB to cali and collect cuts and hit em all maybe ha! I just try to keep my head down, like Tom Hill told me dont worry about what the next man is doing.

Truth is I see all the lies and bullshit some guys do to sell beans and they move volume. At this point if I did that I'd feel like a sellout and probably piss off the guys that support me through thick and thin.
When you dont have to worry about plant count and police it's a lot easier to be over the top out there.
Hell one of these guys lies his ass off and moves massive volumes of trash to feed his gambling addiction and people eat it up. 2 300 a pack or more ha. I honestly think GB is worth that but I'm not gonna piss off my people.

Being at trade shows might help but even though I'm a salesman by trade I am the worst vendor and not a very welcoming look, Too bad I'm not a hot chick ha!

If I sell my soul I could do 4x the volume and do this as a career but I just cant do it the way I see these guys doin it. Just gonna plug away and try to do work the right way. Maybe a break will come. If not my gear always finds the right hands and I'm ok with that. And tbh the guys that have my back behind the scenes mean more to me than anything and I doubt they would have my back if I was that clown!

That's about as much I'll say on that, I feel like I'm breaking the rule ha!

Anyway back to casey! My grapefruit nycogb mom is in veg. Should go really well terpwise I'm thinking!

Latest posts

Latest posts