What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hobocop's Perpetual Coco LED thing

Hobocop

Hi Everyone, just wanted to show you guys and girls what I am doing over here.

My setup consists of 2 tents, 1 is 2' by 5' and the other is 2' by 2'

The big "flowering" tent has a self built 480w LED strip light using samsung f-series strips at 3500k and a pair of meanwell 240w drivers

The strains currently being run are - Sweet Seeds Red Hot Cookies in the flowering tent, Sweet Seeds - Sweet Zkittlez in the veg tent

The flowering tent plants are in hempy pots that I hand water, however in the Veg tent I have the new system I am testing which is still hempy pots, but they are being drip fed and they have airstones in the bottom protected by a net pot, this amazing diagram should provide some clarity

This setup may seem sort of unusual but it was specifically set up this way to give me a lot of redundancy as I have been quite ill the last 18 months and have had to leave the plants unattended for extended periods of time.

Last things to mention are that this is the first grow using the new self built LED I did have a 400w HPS in there before, and I am using the "Head" formula GH Micro/Bloom 6/9

So here is the Veg tent with the shelving I built out of UPVC pipe so I can have somewhere to keep bonsai mothers (dont have any keepers yet) and do cloning, both lights in this tent are 125w CFLs

(sorry not sure how to flip photos)

The clones on the top shelf are 2 of each of the plants in flower, but I tried a new technique which didnt go great so they arent in the best shape right now, but all of them rooted and survived so thats a win I guess

And the Sweet Zkittlez are about 4 weeks old, had a few issues potting on from red solo cups but they are loving the new system now

Hobocop

Now onto the Flowering Tent, these are all Sweet Seeds Red Hot Cookies grown from seed, they are on day 24 of flowering. The canopy isnt full because my timing was a bit screwed up and they didnt get enough veg time, I am still trying to dial everything in properly here. Also the plant back right is very unusual, seems to mostly have these odd looking 3 fingered leaves, but is very vigerous

And a little closer

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Nice setup! will there be any potential issue when you use one 240V driver for 480W light? Or the light was dimmed? Very curious about the cost of the DIY light.

Hobocop

Nice setup! will there be any potential issue when you use one 240V driver for 480W light? Or the light was dimmed? Very curious about the cost of the DIY light.

So I am using 2x 240w Drivers, the reason for this is 2 fold, firstly I have plans long run to build a cabinet with 2 flower chambers roughly half the size of this one, just to reduce my workload at harvest time. But also Meanwell drivers have some weirdness with the voltage outputs, and the wiring plan I had using 2 drivers made the most sense

Total cost for the light was $420 and in reality it draws just shy of 480w from the wall

Hobocop

Cool, I thought their "red" stuff was bullshit but these look great. Been interested in their fast ones as well.

I was very skeptical myself, thinking maybe I would get 1 with a bit of colour if I was lucky, They have turned into some really interesting looking plants, most are clearly purple, and I am not sure how well this comes across in the photos, but the one that isnt purple definitely has a pink hue to it, kinda like the photos they have of their red strains

Hobocop

Also I grabbed a few more photos, still trying to get the hang of how to upload them so they are the right way round, and my photography skills are not great, but I think these are better images of the buds I have rocking now.

This one is interesting, it has had an insane hunger for PK so its not quite as green as the others but it also has purple veins that look really pretty IMO

And a quick peek into the Veg tent at first light, they really seem to be enjoying the new "Hobopots" as we will call them for now, I hand watered the edges of the pots initially and didnt have the reservoir in the bottom of the pot full till about 4 days ago, when I filled the res and switched on the feed, They are currently getting 2mins on every 5 hours, with 2L/H flow regulators on each dripper.

SuperBadGrower

Looks good man. I almost made an order this year but didn't, thinking the same. Actually I wasn't after the red stuff, (edit: Now I am :biggrin:) but seeing these gives me some faith in their breeding practices.

Yeah it's definitely visible. Hue on the calyxes. I did some level corrections to make it more obvious:
beauty.jpg

What's been your favorite plants to date? :good:

Nice light by the way, I have been growin with DIY stuff for years now never looked back.

Hobocop

Looks good man. I almost made an order this year but didn't, thinking the same. Actually I wasn't after the red stuff, (edit: Now I am :biggrin:) but seeing these gives me some faith in their breeding practices.

Yeah it's definitely visible. Hue on the calyxes. I did some level corrections to make it more obvious:
View attachment 551546

What's been your favorite plants to date? :good:

Nice light by the way, I have been growin with DIY stuff for years now never looked back.

So this is actually only my 4th Grow since coming back to it after many years not doing it, The last 2 were the same Female Seeds C99 strain, first time didnt go great, harvested about 5oz but it wasnt the best, Last time around pulled a good amount and enjoyed the bud, but honestly still feeling like I am searching for some really good genetics.

Had lots of Autoflowering issues with the Female Seeds C99's that prevented me keeping a mother of the one plant I really liked from the batch

Also I am a big fan of building stuff myself, especially as my circumstances are not all that common, its taken a while to get to where I have things kinda dialed in but now I do this setup is extremely easy for me to maintain

Hobocop

Ok so I have been trying to get some better bud shots, for whatever reason my camera hunts for the correct colour balance when on auto so turning it to manual seems to have helped

Can see quite a bit of visual variation in the buds, but interestingly the smell is quite consistent, they all smell quite fruity quite a strong grapefruit vibe actually

Hobocop

One of the plants has very unique looking leaf structure, it seems to either grow 3 fingered leaves

Or they are this weird structure almost like ducksfoot but not conjoined

Hobocop

Nothing too exciting going on here, I did LST the plants in Veg, they were topped at the 4th node and will be topped again probably in a week or so. Doing something similar to "mainlining"

I have a feeling these girls are going to need a trim back before I have space in the flowering tent for them

Also trying to work on getting my photos better so here are a few more bud shots

Hobocop

I found open male flowers/pollen and seeded buds all on the mutant plant, not really sure what to do honestly, clearly its too late for me to stop this being seeded.

Not really sure what to do seems like I already screwed it a bit and there probably isnt much point in culling it now the damage is already done

G

Sorry to hear about the unwanted pollination. Like you said, the damage is already done. Let it ride! Concentrates, if nothing else...

Peace
DM

Hobocop

Its one of those things not going to lie I am disappointed but the fact is that my non perfect airflow setup in the flower tent actually helped me on this occasion, Lower buds of the mutant are heavily seeded

However the main buds are basically unaffected. I have seen 1 obvious seed in a lower bud of the plant next to it, but think its almost completely uneffected. I am pretty sure the 2 other plants are totally unaffected by this so should be completely seedless.....but we will see

Thought I would update with a few fresh shots anyway while I am it so a couple more budshots of the unseeded stuff, this is at about day 40 of flowering so the plants are looking really good, and fortunately I took cuts of all of them before they went into flower so if any are really good I can run them again

The Veg tent is ticking along nicely, growth rates in the new system are very impressive and the plants seem really happy in them, Did the second topping and a bit more LST yesterday, so its very hard to tell where the main growth tips even are. Also feel like my timing with all this still isnt quite perfect as they are going to struggle to be kept small enough to stay here for another 3 and a half weeks