What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Small grow in 4'x4' tent using Mars hydro ts2000 led light

Padelgado2020

This is my first post which will document my latest grow in a 4x4 tent. I have limited space and am only allowed to have 5 mature plants due to state law. I am using a Mars Hydro TS2000 light, and the tent is from Mars as well. I am growing four strains, Blue Dream, Tangerine Dream, Darlins Net 2, and Original Glue 4. These are all grown from clones that I got from the clone collective near me. I took cuttings from all of the plants so I can have mothers and clones ready to go for my next cycle in the tent. I just wanted to get these clones grown and put into flowering so I can have some product from my efforts.

My method of growing is using the Mass Producer coco buckets with the KISS method of fertilization. My coco buckets are 3.5 gallons with perlite in the bottom reservoir. The coco is a mix of Coco Loco mixed with plain coco coir and perlite. I use tap water as my tap is around 120 ppm out of the tap, and the maxi bloom and epsom salt brings the pH of the water down to 5.9 to 6ish depending on how much I add to the water. I havent been mixing it too strong in the vegetative stage, but I will be mixing it stronger in a few weeks when the flowering stage picks up.

I put the plants into flower yesterday, so the photos that I post will reflect that. I have been a little lazy getting this post together but will keep this diary updated on the regular. I also use mosquito dunks in my coco to kill off any fungus gnats that were appearing in the tent. I am posting my pictures below, and welcome any comments or tips, or constructive criticisms as I am fairly new to this. I grew a few times in the 2000's when I lived in California, but used 1000 watt lighting and a hydro setup, so this method is new for me, especially using the led lighting. I look forward to any questions or suggestions.
Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:

Padelgado2020

picture.php

View image in gallery

Bagster

Welcome to the forums!! Have you been running your light that close to the plants this whole time? Also is it at 100% or is it dimmed?

Padelgado2020

that is running at 100%. It is a lot brighter in real life, I think my phone cameras software dims the light so the picture is better. The light is way too bright to look at it directly without eye protection. I use a google pixel phone and I know that the camera software edits the pictures so they can be viewed better, that is why they appear to be dim. I have also raised my lights a bunch because the plants kept growing into them. I have also pruned the plants a few times to try and get a semi even canopy in the tent. This is because I am growing four different strains. I prefer indica leaning plants, but my wife enjoys her sativas so I had to put some of those in the garden. I was thinking that I may need more light power for better coverage in the 4x4 tent, and will be looking into getting some more lights to install in the tent. I know that mars has the bar lights that cover 2x4 areas. I was thinking that installing two of those would provide more even and better coverage for the flowering. Any input or suggestions? Thanks all for watching and responding.

Bagster

I ask because I have a tsw2000 light and if it was at 100% and that close to my plants it would barbecue them overnight.. so I'm a little confused as to how yours are not burning? The light looks 5 inches from the plants? I can't get anywhere closer then 24 inches from my plants without burning them. And my light is turned down to about 75% So very confused here. I am also in a similar sized tent. Mine is 44.5x44.5 inch... Besides that plants are looking great!!

Padelgado2020

I reside in Illinois, so the temps are pretty cool right now. The temp is like 20C to 21C when lights are on. As for bleaching or burning, I dont know. My plants just want to grow right into the light and I have to raise them often because they want to grow right into them. Maybe the strains that I have are very hardy? My two indicas really have been doing well with the lights. Blue Dream is also a very hardy seeming plant. Tangerine Dream is probably my weakest plant as the branches are not as sturdy as the other three, but it is still doing well. Maybe I just got lucky with the strains.

Bagster

CRAZY!! you are literally the first person I've ever seen able to run that led that close with no issues!! Good job!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
My thoughts exactly when I saw the pics, but the plants are happy. I'll watch closely.

Padelgado2020

Thank you Bagster and DMT. Like I said in an earlier post I have had to trim the plants back a bit as they want to grow right into the light. I am sure when they make the flowering stretch I may run into problems with that, but the plants look green and healthy to me. So we will see. They are in day #3 of flowering, I will wait until they start to show some budding to post more pics as the plants do not look much different than the previously posted pics.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
that is running at 100%. It is a lot brighter in real life, I think my phone cameras software dims the light so the picture is better. The light is way too bright to look at it directly without eye protection. I use a google pixel phone and I know that the camera software edits the pictures so they can be viewed better, that is why they appear to be dim. I have also raised my lights a bunch because the plants kept growing into them. I have also pruned the plants a few times to try and get a semi even canopy in the tent. This is because I am growing four different strains. I prefer indica leaning plants, but my wife enjoys her sativas so I had to put some of those in the garden. I was thinking that I may need more light power for better coverage in the 4x4 tent, and will be looking into getting some more lights to install in the tent. I know that mars has the bar lights that cover 2x4 areas. I was thinking that installing two of those would provide more even and better coverage for the flowering. Any input or suggestions? Thanks all for watching and responding.

Hope there will be no light bleach issue. For 4x4 tent, 2xSP3000 is really a good choice. Like you said, more even coverage for flowering. You can order from our official website. Discount code"ICMAG" :tongue:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Thank you Bagster and DMT. Like I said in an earlier post I have had to trim the plants back a bit as they want to grow right into the light. I am sure when they make the flowering stretch I may run into problems with that, but the plants look green and healthy to me. So we will see. They are in day #3 of flowering, I will wait until they start to show some budding to post more pics as the plants do not look much different than the previously posted pics.

That sounds cool. :flowers2:

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
I ask because I have a tsw2000 light and if it was at 100% and that close to my plants it would barbecue them overnight.. so I'm a little confused as to how yours are not burning? The light looks 5 inches from the plants? I can't get anywhere closer then 24 inches from my plants without burning them. And my light is turned down to about 75% So very confused here. I am also in a similar sized tent. Mine is 44.5x44.5 inch... Besides that plants are looking great!!

This is a TSW2000 @ 100% output the tops are 10” from the lamp

picture.php

Padelgado2020

I have heard two camps on this. One is to defoliate, the other says not to because the plants use the leaves to produce energy for bud production. What is the theory of defoliation? I am not against it, just wanted to hear the sides to the argument. I appreciate the advice.

Latest posts

Latest posts