What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The best technology of LED lightining at moment 2020

Koondense

Veteran
If i was just focused on quality i would use a combo of cmh and plasma lights. Also adding discrete leds can broaden the spectrum at much lower cost than having specially designed cobs. It's just not at all the best solution for quality.

Cheers

dreadlocos

If i was just focused on quality i would use a combo of cmh and plasma lights. Also adding discrete leds can broaden the spectrum at much lower cost than having specially designed cobs. It's just not at all the best solution for quality.

Cheers
CMH and plasma have both same problem when we talk about concentrate the light, have an harmful spectrum of uv that go far away from 370nm and so on

of corse CMH in specific have an spectrum very close to the spectrum of the sunlight. but LED have several quality, like having an spectrum more close to sunlight than CMH and be able to have an light less concentrate comparing with radiant bulbs. and of corse dont have harmful >300nm... (that can have 5000times more 250nm then the sunlight that almost dont have light in this spectrum at surface level )

and if you see the price of both CMH and LED LEDs are almost same price and have far less danger gases inside

Koondense

Veteran
There are no gasses in led.
The uv gets blocked by glass, at least in part so plants don't "get hurt", check the plants of people's grows and see how they like the spectrum.
What are radiant bulbs? Tungsten? You gotta be kidding right?

dreadlocos

There are no gasses in led.
The uv gets blocked by glass, at least in part so plants don't "get hurt", check the plants of people's grows and see how they like the spectrum.
What are radiant bulbs? Tungsten? You gotta be kidding right?

Okay do that experience put an bread in the light of halogen lamps (that is know to produce uv in an verry wide spectrum ) and put the same bread on to the light of simple incandescent bulbs

The bread of halogene experiment will taste sour (in some sanse) the bread of incandescent bulb will taste normal.

The uv from halogene create some very clear drawback (i would say in dna level ) HPS MHQ al those bulbs that works on very high temperature generate danger uv that is way plants under those bulbs tends to be more fragil and have more easily more problem.

I cite the bread experience becouse is very easy to get lost on those studies the body know better what is dangers