What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grand Doggy Purps - The Shakedown Run

the gnome

Veteran
looking very good aero, your knockin out the kinks but they don't seem too bad.
theres' still time for the coonopy to work its self out.
congrats on your your new digs in the sticky section :D

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gotta love that "lurking death" smell..... I guess. The guys that created this one really know what they are doing. I hope that you can reach your production goals.

R.Fortune

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-gnome & TPM

Thanks for the kind words. I plan to do my best to make sure the thread is worthy. Thanx for your support.

-R. Fortune

That lurking death smell is a wafting evil aroma that sends your brain racing to figure it out, while prickeling your nose. It reminds me of the ole lady with a scrunched face, handing me some questionable pork chops, and asking me if they are OK.

Combined with the super sweet candy smell, it becomes one of the most captivating aromas I ever experienced - weed or otherwise. 100% of people that smell it, want it - and right now!

The CSG guys really did a great job with this cross. I have seen many keeper phenos with many different growers. I feel lucky to have found my grandma's purse candy pheno - tho I believe the luck comes from the fact that any pack of these seeds will produce outstanding individuals.

As for yeild, I'll be happy with 2 lbs from this run, tho I'm prepping the mom for a full run of GDP in the next available slot. I'm confident I can hit 3 lbs (1.4GPW) with what I have already learned from this run.

Best of luck my friends!

-AK

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
AK,

Thanks for the great report. I've learned a lot so far.

I may have to get some of these, like right now. I will have that Flamethrower soon.

Gotta find a bud fairy soon also.

I ran into "lurking death" yesterday at wall mart. Some old lady was bobbing and weaving in front of me with a lolly pop in her mouth; then I was smacked in the face with that "fresh shit your pants" smell that hit me hard like a baseball bat square in the face; my eyes fluttered, and started to water, I became weak in the knees, and I almost threw up. Unbelievable. My kids just were laughing.

On a side note, probably just going to do ebb and flow to start my foray into the world of hydroponics.

R.Fortune

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 35 Bloom Update

Only 30 days to go! As I suspected, the canopy is going to be uneven and will affect final production numbers. However these are some beautiful blooms and we are gonna do everything to max them out.

Unit Shot:

Shoot Shot:

The smell is stronger than observed in the test run. Carbon filters are certainly reccommended!

-R. Fortune

Thanx for the giggle - I had to clean the monitor you devil!

That ebb system will be a good start for you. Some of the things in this thread here should help - most definately make up some data tracking sheets. It will be so much fun! Good luck

-AK

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Great updates as always AK!!!!!

really getting frosty!

I start cloning my 4 gDP clones tonight. there better be a gPC pheno in there somewhere...haha.

Cheers

TPM

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good AK!

Just updated my armory with Floralicious Bloom. Wanted the Floralicious Plus, but it was double the price.

Also, looking at Ful-Power or Cytoplus.

Creating tracking sheets.

This obsession is driving me to the edge!

R.Fortune

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 42 Bloom Update

They are chunking and clumping up nicely. The tops are about 3" across.

Unit Shot:

Shoot Shot:

Data Sheet:

The plants are still sipping nutes. I don't want to push them much harder - you can see the slightest tip burn from the day at around 480.

The problem here is that the plants simply did not stretch as much as measured in test. After extensively looking at my records, I have a hypothesis as to whats going on. In the test run the bulb for the unit was changed 4 weeks into the grow. I replace bulbs every year. It is possible in this chem cross that lower light intensity led to more stretch in test.

In any event, these buds are beautiful and we will get the most out of them. However I'm still a little disappointed that I'm not bringing maxxed out plants to this show. So I decided to take yall along for the first production run after this run is done. I will do updates to this thread starting day0 bloom. I have a lot of projects going on and I hoped to put this one to bed, but I owe it to the thread and CSG to bring you the very best. Here's the fresh cuts.

GDP note - Odor control is a must. The bloom haus had this faint smell of the Dalmer residence this week until I could replace the carbon filters. None of the other smelly stuff in there broke through, but that sweet evil perfume of GDP prickeled my nose on the edge of my perception.

-AK

downtoearth

Hey there again A.K. Can you let us know what the final weight was? Curious as heck. I'm still waiting on the friggen roots to form before I plunk my girlies into the AeroFlo lol.

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-downtoearth

I will have an extensive post analysis in about 3 weeks! I can say that a poor little isleway shoot had to be trimmed. Rock solid tasty with a mighty head smack already - gonna be a long three weeks!

Send me a pm on your progress and we can go through your check list.

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 49 Bloom Update

The buds are widening out - round 4" across and starting to ripen. I had to add some second level trellis to string up some of the larger buds. The bud density is off the hook! This pheno has a lot of chem in them. The smell is so intensely drool inducing, I may have to require bibs in the bloom room.

Unit Shot:

Shoot Shot:

Bud Shot:

Runt Cam Shot:

Even the runt is outstanding!

Gonna be a long 2 weeks to finish!

-AK

the gnome

Veteran
looking really great for 49 days aero :good:

mine are @ 63 days and all are coming down this week.
very dense buds on all 3.

talktosamson

Veteran
Looks a lot like one of my phenos, just cut it down at 65 days. Real chemy with hints of purple. Yours looks delicious!

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-Smokindogcujo

There is a purple hint starting to show at the tips of the buds. You can just barely see it in the nug shot above. Serious color doesn't come until the very end with this pheno.

-R.Fortune, gnome & TPM

Thanx guys for your continued encouragement. It takes time and is sometimes difficult to produce these projects. I am, after all, a newbie to sharing and explaining my stuff at this level. Your support has certainly made this process easier.

-talktosamson

From your description I'd say you have the grandma's purse candy pheno! 65 days, late purple streaks, and an unbelievable perfume. Serious head wallop on first hit and a taste you can never get enough of. If you have any pix, please share em - put them up in here if you like. Congrats!

--------

My bloom room photography skills need some serious improvement. I have to shoot in the dark to keep the HPS pallor to a minimum and all my shots look washed out. They don't do the plants any justice for sure. I promise to find some time to work on the problem in the next two weeks, tho I'm starting two more exciting project threads in this same time period. It's gonna be fun!

Best of Luck!

-AK

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
AK, you're doing a great job! Doing a thread like this is a lot of work.

Those are looking really frosty! You think maybe another 10 days? Not sure if I would take them much longer.

Hydroponics really speeds things up. How many zips per plant do you estimate?

Are you adding KB the last 2 weeks of bloom?

Your photos look great! It took me forever just to figure out how to load them into a post.

I got a point and shoot Nikon (my daughter's camera). I can't get real close. It sucks.

Have you thought about installing a few CFLs in your room? Then you could come in a few minutes before the HPS come on to take your photos? This is what I would do. I can't get anywhere near these lights when they come one. My eyes are very sensitive. My biggest fear is that I'll ruin my eyes doing this "hobby".

R.Fortune

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
amazing thread bro

you doing us real proud

definately sticky worthy
looks beatiful already and 2 more weeks to go cant wait to see her then

any seeds you want of ours let us know and we will get you off a few packs of each variety as a thanks for a great detailed thread(we will send them to clarence)

peace

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-ojd

Thanx for the great plant to work with! I'd love to do another CSG run. And of course I will share it here in the forum. Honored by the offer. Thank you again for all your work on these genetics!

-R.Fortune

I plan to run right to 65. In the test run there was noticable improvement between 60 and 65 day buds. I expect the plant yield average to be around 1.75. The taller plants look to be around 2 and the shorter 1.25. I can easily see a 2.25 - 2.5 average with an even canopy and 6-8" taller plants - coming soon in the production run! The buds are very dense, for a plant NOT selected for yield, these are some impressive numbers.

I PK boost right to the end. The concentration levels are so low in aero that only a limited 3 day flush is needed. In fact my flush is just 1/3 to 1/4 normal nutes. Pure water flushes are only for emergencies - they knock the crap out of the plants and I've even killed plants doing this. I've gone flushless and still had no burnability issues. Most problems with burnability come back to K levels - both too much and too little.

I'm going to try using some secondary lighting from a hand flood for my next round of shots. I've got my eye on a super macro lens and some other photo toys I hope to play with over the summer.

Thanx again for your thoughtful posts!

-AK