What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grandoggy Purps / XMas Special Grow

woolybear

Veteran
day 36

day 36

day 36 from seed

Put the 2 xmas specials under a scrog screen today. I'm going to have to lean pheno #1 on the side to fit her in!

Here's pics of the two xmas plants. I took WAY two many cuts off of #1.

picture.php

picture.php

Here's a picture of the first confirmed female grandoggy. I'm really excited about this plant... since topping, its grown a bunch of good side branches, perfect for scrog.

picture.php

I need to put the xmas specials into flower soon, or I will suffer full over-veg syndrome.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
how tall are those?

and how high off the medium is your screen?

woolybear

Veteran
how tall are those?

and how high off the medium is your screen?

Hi GP72... IIRC, you have scrog experience? :)

#1 is about 24" high, the other slightly less.

The screen is about 11" above the medium. Here's a picture:

picture.php

Scrogging is fun! Making the screen was easy, and its cool to see how fast the plant is adapting to the screen.

Just need to make one more screen for these girls on the right of the tent:

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
day 1 flower

day 1 flower

Day 1 flower cycle, 37 days from seed. It is looking like all three grandoggys are females. put them under a scrog screen. here we go:

picture.php

dogs:

picture.php

xmas:

picture.php

I expect 2x-3x stretch from the xmas specials.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
looking great woolybear and thanks for the info... i was almost afraid you vegged too long, but...

those screens will fill in nicely and you will have a mini forest of Granddoggy Purp buds !!! :tiphat:

looking nice and healthy ;)

woolybear

Veteran
looking great woolybear and thanks for the info... i was almost afraid you vegged too long, but...

those screens will fill in nicely and you will have a mini forest of Granddoggy Purp buds !!! :tiphat:

looking nice and healthy ;)

Thanks GP73... I'm also looking to buy another panel soon, depending on my luck on the e-to the -bizzay. So if I get that I'll add another 100 or so led watts into the flowering tent.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great bro

going to be some stank coming your way soon come harvest time

peace

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is gonna be a lot of fun, always love to see people demonstrate a good SCROG, thanks for sharing.
Peace

woolybear

Veteran
day 3 flower

day 3 flower

day 3 flower

noticed a deficiency showing on several of the leaves of xmas special #1; i think its because it didn't like being switched to the bloom nutes.

The other 5 plants are doing fine of the bloom nutes; mixed up and fed x#1 some veg mix.

Speaking of x#1, cuts from her rooted SUPER FAST. Healthy roots in 5-7 days, I was surprised.

Here's pics:

picture.php

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
Thanks bro. Think I won't update for a week or so, when the stretch really kicks in. May be able to add some more watts as well!

woolybear

Veteran
Will you get these all the way to harvest in one gallon bags?

interesting question, a bit of deja vu even!

i have two gallon bags but wasn't planning on transplanting them. do you think it'd make a difference at this point?

My setup is basically passive hydro. From past experience I know the 1-gallon bags will be filled with roots. I'm thinking that hydro pot size matters less? Not sure...

Watering twice a day, CSG peeps, is it worth it to repot these plants? Would be a bit of a hassle now that the scrog is in.

archie123

wooly,man them look fine sir..and yes them nlc's do clone nice.real fast,great meds you will like this stuff...goodluck

A1

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
id say dont transplant as they already hit flower

the xmas special will stretch a bit depending on pheno so could repot but granadoggy does not stretch much at all so would def not pot those up

just my 2 cents

peace

VirginHarvester

Veteran
interesting question, a bit of deja vu even!

i have two gallon bags but wasn't planning on transplanting them. do you think it'd make a difference at this point?

My setup is basically passive hydro. From past experience I know the 1-gallon bags will be filled with roots. I'm thinking that hydro pot size matters less? Not sure...

No idea, just asking to learn a little more. Looks like you know what you're doing.

Since it's an indica/indica dominant strain probably doesn't flower as long. If it's a 12 week strain probably makes a difference.

woolybear

Veteran
No idea, just asking to learn a little more. Looks like you know what you're doing.

Since it's an indica/indica dominant strain probably doesn't flower as long. If it's a 12 week strain probably makes a difference.

No problem! My medium is 100% perlite, so I try to avoid repotting as the perlite dust is scratchy :)

I think also since I'm using fabric pots, and the roots get more air or some shit like that, its equivalent to using a bigger sized regular (plastic) pot.

I haven't 100% dialed in my situation yet, despite having taken down 3-4 harvests in the past year... mainly because I mislabelled my clones last round and did a run with the hermy-prone pheno I meant to chuck.... seeded grape skunk/sour bubble for me!

So if any of these CSG girls turn out to be keepers, next run I'll run them exclusively... maybe a sog with 1-gallon bags... let's see how this scrog turns out. I like the idea of less plant numbers!

I was going to do a SOG last round, but my mis-labeled clones ended up stretching like crazy, then popped shitloads of nanners.

No nanners my first couple of rounds, must've been the genetics!

As far as the grow goes, the plants haven't exploded yet.... but I am getting nice lateral growth from the branches forced horizontal by the scrog.... good times

VirginHarvester

Veteran
seeded grape skunk/sour bubble for me!

What are you saying here exactly? Curious because I love the Sour Bubble. Unfortunately, it's rarely at SoCal area dispensaries. Ironically, it's everywhere in clone. I've heard it's a slow vegger but it's such excellent headgear seems like I would find it often.

woolybear

Veteran
DAY 7

DAY 7

DAY 7 UPDATE

- installed a new LED panel! The 300w will be above the doggies and the xmases get the new 180w light

- definitely noticed some good new stretching on the xmas specials. When i opened the tent today I thought something was wrong as the plants looked different... turns out they were just growing!!

I have been defoliating 7-10 leafs every other day or so to get light to the lower buds.

Having 2 lights in the same tent will be handy, as I know the two breeds have different growth rates.

7 or so more weeks to go.

picture.php

undershot:

picture.php

picture.php

I also stopped by the local hydro shop for an item... overheard a guy talking about having PM... he had a bunch of big jugs of nutes... I could've given him some advice lol... get your ventilation dialed in, avoid standing water, stop paying for water when you buy nutes.... Maybe I can offer consulting services lol...