What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the biggest carbon scrubber you can hang alone without assistance?

FistedSister

i hung a 6in vortex profilter, the fat reversible one, last night but i'm a pussy. i didnt clean out the grow so if i dropped it the sours would have been smashed. once plugged in it was worth it.

i have a 8in vortex hooked to a 125 profilter im gonna use on a 2k vertical next. without a partner that may get tricky its almost as big as a hot water tank.

danks

build base for where its gona hang with 2x4s or whatever attached to studs. after thats done buy a pulley and attach to base of where your gona hang it. the pulley works with rope so make sure that you attach a secure handle a 5 feet away where you can knot th rope and stop before you hit the pulley. you need the base of the structure to have 4 hooks one in each corner with motorcycle straps so as yo have one loop on each side. so you raise the carbonfilter by attaching the rope to the carbon scruber , not just in the middle but make something so that it lifts evenly up. like rope around it on one side then the other and a rope that attaches both of them down the center where you can attach the rope for the pulley. so now you got the motorcyle straps hangin about 4 feet down and your raising the scrubber slowly. go about a few inches above the bottom part of the strap and knot the pulley rope on your stop handle few feet away. now wrap the motorcycle straps underneath the carbon filter on both sides and shorten them up as to support some of the weight of the filter. now move the filter up slowlye with the pulley rope and keep tighting the motorccycle straps for support until there little room to take the pulley out. probably about a foot. so now you got the pulley out and rope out all that should be left is the motorcycle straps on each end. tighten each side inch at a time so as to not let it fall out one end all the way to where you want it. you dont have to pull it all the way up if you dont wantas the motorcycle straps are super safe.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
depending on the size and what space you have to work with, if there's nothing to snchor to on the ceiling you could use a drywall lifter (or whatever you want to call them0. you can rent those out by the day usually.

Using these you could probably lift a hundred fitty pound filter, by yourself, without too much hassle (as long as your roof hooks are SOLID)

picture.php

http://4hydro.com/lighting/rachetLiteHangers.asp

FistedSister

very smart thinking. i was considering attacking this vortex 8 with retard strength and like a bear, wrestle it up there.

Latest posts

Latest posts