What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dry sift vs BHO

HWY36

So I've been watching videos of guys "carding" kif over mesh screens endlessly in an effort to get pure trichomes. The before pictures definitely show a lot of plant matter whereas the after pics look like nothing but heads. Looks killer but a shitload of work.
My question is this: when I run BHO, is the final product closer to pure heads or is it loaded with contaminates like the initial couple screenings when dry sifting? We use a 95 micron screen before the honey pot? I have looked at my bho and never noticed plant material like the initial dry sift photos.

aSilvrHaze

I think BHO is mainly the oil contained inside of the trichome heads. As far as contamination, some people will filter to as low as 1 micron... some use coffee filters which are around 25 micron. Im still using coffee filters at this point, and a few specs manage to make their way through to the collection pot from time to time.