What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sick Young plants Help?

HippyChic

So this is my first time growing and have some discoloration redish spots on the lower leaves. Plants are still very young 2 weeks or so. Anyone have ideas what is going on? added a couple of images so there is a better idea what is going on.

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• 20180613_153902.jpg
    20180613_153902.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180613_153917.jpg
    20180613_153917.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 14

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Most bottled water is very soft and isn't gonna have much of anything in it. If you are watering with bottled water you are basically using RO water. I would recommend some CaliMagic or CalMag or whatever is locally available.

HippyChic

Growing in a soil mix? A potting mix and some worm castings, vermiculite, perlite and some compost. Basically what i use for my tomatoes. LED lights, seem to be doing well not stretching or anything that i notice. Temps do get a bit high at times 86 deg. RH i dont know what is, sorry.

Will try the calmag. thank you very much.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
No problem, hopefully it helps. RH is relative humidity. I think calcium gets locked out in soil around 6.0 or 6.2 so 6.5 should be high enough to let the plants absorb any that is there. Highly recommend a digital PH meter, really helps a ton knowing what's going in.

Sure looks like calcium to my untrained eye. I’m not in a spot to really give much advise other than I have had the same spots on 2 grows and bumping the cal/mag has helped it not progress. Worth a shot anyways. Those spots will not go away but check the new growth after you’ve tried the cal/mag to make sure it’s not getting worse and possibly be something else entirely

Satyros

I'd say calcium spots. If it's affecting the plant much, you can use about 10% skim milk in a water spray bottle, spray all over the plants, and they will spring back overnight.

It's not going to make the spots go away, but if the whole plant seems weak, this is like a miracle treatment. And then, yes, it really will need a legit calcium source.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
May be pH related, keep in mind bottled water also has sodium in it. I highly recommend learning to grow with r/o water or other water which is very pure with trace minerals. R/o water is around 12ppm or less of trace minerals.

Color looks good. :)

MrBungle

To me it looks like a P def... and slightly over watered..
ic

Attachments

• phosphorus-leafs.jpg
    phosphorus-leafs.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 15