What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Source for quality filter plate filters?

Any recommendations on where I can find quality mesh screens? I'm currently in need of a 1um micron mesh screen and can't seem to fined them anywhere; I'm planning to use it on a 2" filter plate. If anyone has a good source, It'd be much appreciated!

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Can you use Whatman #5 2.5 micron filter paper instead? This can go directly on any standard 6mm filter plate with a steel ring to hold it in place.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any recommendations on where I can find quality mesh screens? I'm currently in need of a 1um micron mesh screen and can't seem to fined them anywhere; I'm planning to use it on a 2" filter plate. If anyone has a good source, It'd be much appreciated!
1 micron face filter is prone to blinding in an inline application like ours. I use a 1 micron sock filter to avoid that issue.

1 micron face filter is prone to blinding in an inline application like ours. I use a 1 micron sock filter to avoid that issue.

Thank you so much good sir I completely forgot about sock filters! Two minds are definitely better than one. Where would you recommend a quality place to get them from I need something that's only about 2 feet long by two inch? I've bought stuff from Duda energy what do think about them?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you so much good sir I completely forgot about sock filters! Two minds are definitely better than one. Where would you recommend a quality place to get them from I need something that's only about 2 feet long by two inch? I've bought stuff from Duda energy what do think about them?

Duda is where we buy our 4" X 8" filters, and they have them in larger sizes as well.