What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Farmerlion's Greenhouse learning experiments.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Kaskadian, I certainly hope so. All we can do is try and provide them with the best environment we can for where we are at in the world. They are starting to come along now. I amped for the next few weeks of growth! Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
What stood out today

What stood out today

Hello all, My rain barrels are full and over flowing again. Warm/hot days and pounding thunderstorms at night. So I go to check on the girls this morning. While giving them a shower of fresh rain water I smell a funk. These ladies are to young to be aromatic yet, right??
So I start looking behind bags for a dead mouse or chipmunk. I get to the Original Sour Diesel bag and bend over. Oh girl ! you have some serious feminine hygiene issues. While I'm a proud papa, I realize I'm several weeks away from flowering. How much more is this young lady going to reek as summer goes along.

This is a few pictures of the trifoliate Panama D/C. She is starting to find her rhythm and vigor. Her stalk is thick for her size and the leaves feel slightly thicker than the other plants do at this point.

All the other plants are up and doing fine. By next weekend they all should have had a nice growth spurt and look like plants not seedlings. I hope you all have a great week.
Happy growing ! Peace :tiphat:

orfeas

Veteran
Nice little toddlers there, mate!

While I'm feasting my eyes on them pics, I can't help noticing some feasting's been going on them fat leaves... or is it me ole apple pies?:biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Farmerlion said:
So I start looking behind bags for a dead mouse or chipmunk. I get to the Original Sour Diesel bag and bend over. Oh girl ! you have some serious feminine hygiene issues. While I'm a proud papa, I realize I'm several weeks away from flowering. How much more is this young lady going to reek as summer goes along.

:laughing: Lovely, will be a reeker packed full of terpenes for sure!

Whoa... that trifoliate has the fattest fingered leaves I've ever seen at that size! lovely shape on the main finger! Remembers me to zucchini seedlings :)

Lovely canopy picture too, looks like a perfect triangle!

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Orfeas, I'm sure there is some critters dining in there. I will be getting some predatory insects soon.

Repuk, yes they are fat for just forming 3rd node of growth. Maybe the Leonardite is helping with the growth. After a short period of time they really seem to take off.
Peace

SolarLogos

Greetings Farmerlion
Those panama/DC have some fat leaves! If the stock is as big as you say, those are going to some trees if you let nature take over. Are you going to put them into early flower after a bit or let them go natural? I can't wait to see what the colas look like. If they are half as nice as the other plants you've posted, I can't wait to see them. Peace.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Solarlogos, I will let flower in natural light cycle. I will take picture of stalks soon. The other plant in the grow bag is only a day and a half younger than the Panama Deep Chunk. Should be a close reference for comparisons sake. Kinda?

I have been blessed with some unique plants the last few season's. Peace brother

SolarLogos

Solarlogos, I will let flower in natural light cycle. I will take picture of stalks soon. The other plant in the grow bag is only a day and a half younger than the Panama Deep Chunk. Should be a close reference for comparisons sake. Kinda?

I have been blessed with some unique plants the last few season's. Peace brother
Yes, you have been blessed; I've followed a few of your threads on here. I admire your work! Peace

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Repuk, yes they are fat for just forming 3rd node of growth. Maybe the Leonardite is helping with the growth. After a short period of time they really seem to take off.
Peace

The leonardite had an impressive effect on my fruiting trees, 3 weeks after applying it the ones with yellow or pale green leaves turned to a lush green and great health on all their leaves and sprouts.

Zero of them have dropped immature fruits.

The effect on my young avocados was explosive, same on lemon trees (constant yield with moon phases) which are really sensitive.

The yield on the earlier seasonal yielder in the garden, a loquat, has been impressive, the biggest and more beautiful fruits I've seen from this one.

I agree, after an "infancy" period they enter growing mode (teens?), most of mine are already taking off! I think it will be there where the effects of the leonardite should be more apparent, as it makes tons of nutes easily and non-toxically available for the plant avoiding deficiencies or toxicity.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Repuk, the Leonardite is so soluble I'm going to start adding small amounts in the waterings . When I have time to do so. I already have the concentrate liquid Source plus. A few drops a gallon turns the water black. Peace

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Yep, it's extremely soluble, just washing out the remnants on a bucket gets a really nice tea...

Gonna do some experiments with an abused cut that's going to "migrate" from 100% coco to the ground, one of the tests will be watering with such teas in the beginning.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
June 6th update

June 6th update

Hello friends, It's been a very rainy end of the week here. Rains coming down sideways, my driveway washed out. Some ruts are a foot deep and wind gusts topped 50 mph. Some outdoor plants got their asses handed to them. I will give them some care for a few days and see if they recover. The greenhouse was a fortress again. The girls inside didn't get much sunshine but they are all healthy and happy. Today the sun is shining brightly, no clouds and growth resumes.

The Kush n Cheese

Critical Cheese

Blue Thai
All of these are the smallest plants I have going as they were late additions to the greenhouse.

These are the two Lebanese planted in their own 35 gallon grow bags. They were germinated a week for one and a week and a half for the smallest one. The two sharing a 40 gallon plastic tub were the first germinated and planted. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
June 6th update

June 6th update

This one is one of two Blueberries from DJ Short. The other is sharing a bag with the trifoliate Panama D/C.

This is a young Peyote Purple, she is a little slow taking off but she will be fine in another week of growth and sunshine.

This is a NYCD x Second Sight, the cross was made by a buddy of mine from Oregon.
Peace

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
June 3rd update

June 3rd update

Left plant in bag. Early Bubba Hash Happy girl!

Early Bubba Hash in right side of 45 gallon grow bag. Both seem to be doing well and growing with good vigor.

These are the Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f4's.
I'm very eager to watch these ladies do their thing this season. I'm sure they will be ideal for growers in ND.

This is an EDY from Original Delicatessen. I have purchased many of their strains, sadly this is the first one I've run. Sorry O.D.

This is a Bubba Kush x PCK. Yet another Ace offering I'm excited about having. Thanks Dubi

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
June 3rd update

June 3rd update

Bangi Haze f29 reversed x Purple Nepjam f6.

Purple Nepjam f6 reversed x Bangi Haze f29.

Panama x PCK (Green phenotype left, Purple right).

This is the Original Sour Diesel, This is the largest plant at this time. It was also the first to germinate so it had a head start.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
June 3rd update

June 3rd update

Last post for this week.

These are two Lebanese in a 40 gallon plastic grow tub. They were among the first to germinate and start growing. The soil in this tub is heavier than in the rest of the grow bags. The soil is the same brand but there is less sphagnum pete moss in the mixture. The Leonardite and Icelandic kelp are at same ratios.
This is a stalk comparison of the Panama D/C and a Blueberry. They are only separated by two days of growth. The Panama D/C is a very sturdy plant.

A picture of both plants top canopies.
Have a great week growing my friends. Peace :tiphat:

OnceUpon

i'll enjoy watching the bubba hash vs early bubba hash side by side.
as well i'm excited to see these lebanese keep rolling along. thanks for taking the time to share

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Kaskadian, OnceUpon, guys thanks so much for your kindness and stopping by again. OnceUpon I hadn't realized that I had another very similar pairing. Two of my new smoke testers were out this weekend. After a short tour and explanation of genetics. They are stoked to help out and do smoke reports for me.
I did break out the China Yunnan green and purple phenotypes. Both were enjoyed very much, I loved the aroma being fired up all weekend.

Have a great week my friend's. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts