What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

extended dialysis causing puritus aka extreme itch wounds

clearheaded

Hello,

Just wanted to share some experience. A lady lives near me has been on dialysis for 7 plus years and consiquently has gotten extreme itch neuropathy from diabetes aswell. Awful painful fits of itch that turn to scabs. Nearly in tears many times a day uses gobs of lotion to sooth etc. Well i asked her if ahe would like to try some cannabis cream (potent) gave her 500ml thinking would last a week. Well she went through it that day and contacted me basically in tears for more. She was on the fence initially and sort of scoffed amd said"ur suggesting cannabis cream, this is serious and mega pharma medicated creams are useless". Anyway she was like this is crazy my legs are healing after a day and nothing has touched it for 3 weeks prior. Anyway after several days of use she greened out having too big of a hit gave couple joints of cbd cannabis to help her sleep. So got scared of the cream which was good as was using what i thought was WAY to much. And said ill make it less strong so can use tgat much. She said no dont change anything inwant that exact thing. anyway i am happy to be able to help and to her its really life and death and dr want to keep her in hospital to manage her issues but wants to stay home. I really grilled her about if was actually working and she showed me ehat was weeping wounds day before almost gone. Shes a dr of science so fairly hard lined about possible plecebo etc. Went as far as to talk to drs etc about how its worked so well and should be used to treat tge terrible affliction.

Stay well. And i think cannabis has a huge role to play in skin disorders we have all seen it and this extreme case along with what we have seen with butterfly kids from caldaros (sp) society. Not to mention what rick has shown with oils. Preaching to the choir i know, but when u experience amazing things with your own eyes its hard not to be in awe of this plant we know and love..