What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking lovely Magoluci :yes: Glad you find Kali China's terpene profile different and at the same time accurate with our strain description, it's quite a unique strain for terpenes.

Common Sense

Here are a couple of Kali China buds from my last harvest after drying before they went into the jar. Haven't tried them yet, but I have no doubt they are good
. KC II.jpg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Time to give them a try then Common Sense I love Kali China with 2-3 months curing, more than 5-6 months she loses the fruity side.

Cactus Squatter

I may have missed it somewhere in the thread, but how Cold Tolerant is Kali China?
I’m planning to do a late winter/early spring outdoor flowering on a few Kali China and KC crosses that I’ll be vegging indoors over the Holidays. My area gets down to the 30°f range from late February-early March. My plan is to begin force flowering beginning of February inside, and then move them outside at the end of the month and leave them to finish.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Cactus Squatter,

Kali China prefers mild temps to perform best, not too hot, not too cold. It's not a suitable strain to flower around freezing temps, yield is strongly affected. In your case, I would recommend you to do the whole cycle indoors.

Sampas92

Just newbin
My 2 youngsters, they sprouted from the soil 12h apart from each other, the smaller one on the right is the younger, it grows slower, not so tall, smaller overall, have coloration on the stem and the taller one dont, had the exact same conditions since the start
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210823_004023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.7 KB ID:	17924472
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210823_004023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.7 KB ID:	17924472

Peace :tiphat:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
My Kali China doesn't play well with others, and wants to take over the tent. I had to incorporate a net to keep it in it's 1/4 of the available space I think one could fill a 4 x 4 by itself.

Kali China is the bush in the right rear.

DSC00912.JPG

Sampas92

Just newbin
My 2 different chinas since birth, i really think they will be this different along their whole life really, i hope the best of both worlds, a more yunnan pheno and a more sativish pheno :shucks:
20210831_191220.jpg
20210831_191218.jpg

IMG 20180813 115702

Peace :tiphat:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
How is yours doing in flowering flylowgethigh ?

It is the most aggressive stretcher in the tent of the 3 Ace varities I have in there, maybe 6X from flip a month ago. I have had to cut off tops, tie down tops. They still are within a couple inches of the lights, which are up as high as they can go. I went through and removed the big fan leaves, now I may have to remove the medium size ones too.

I think this shot I took by reaching in there with the cam is the KCH:

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00936.JPG Views:	2 Size:	250.0 KB ID:	17941953

Cactus Squatter

It is the most aggressive stretcher in the tent of the 3 Ace varities I have in there, maybe 6X from flip a month ago. I have had to cut off tops, tie down tops. They still are within a couple inches of the lights, which are up as high as they can go. I went through and removed the big fan leaves, now I may have to remove the medium size ones too.

I think this shot I took by reaching in there with the cam is the KCH:

filedata/fetch?id=17941953&d=1631538944

I really hope mine doesn’t stretch that much 😂 damn! What size pots are they in?

I have a Kali China and a Nepjam x Kali China
I just flipped in a smaller chamber grow cabinet. So far they’ve grown at the same rate as each other and after 1 week have barely stretched. hopefully they don’t make a jump and hit the lights while I’m out of town.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
10 gallon living soil on a SWICK. One thing I did this run is add alfalfa and kelp to the soil a few daze before up-potting into it. It was still cooking a little. The KA5H thought the soil was a little hot at first, then grew to love it. Maybe the worms are eating the alfalfa and making castings. All the Ace strains are bushes. Those would have kicked ass out under the sun I believe.

Maybe the AgSIL16 did the damage. They went from 1/2" node spacing to 8".

Cactus Squatter

10 gallon living soil on a SWICK. One thing I did this run is add alfalfa and kelp to the soil a few daze before up-potting into it. It was still cooking a little. The KA5H thought the soil was a little hot at first, then grew to love it. Maybe the worms are eating the alfalfa and making castings. All the Ace strains are bushes. Those would have kicked ass out under the sun I believe.

Maybe the AgSIL16 did the damage. They went from 1/2" node spacing to 8".

Do you run your SWICK setup on a timer or do you hand fill it? I currently run Blumats to handle watering when I’m out of town and then hand water when in town. I’ve been thinking about a swick system and if it could be done reliably on a timer or something.

Latest posts

Latest posts