Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Xtra Laboratories
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2018, 04:39 AM #3041
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHaHashish View Post
I used dry heat from a dehydrator for 24 hours

Wouldn't 24 hours in a dehydrator dry out the cobs to the extent that any curing would not take place? Tangwena suggests air drying for several hours ~ one day (after 12~24 hours sealed at 40C) depending on the RH in that room. the last cob I did was air dried over night after 24 hours sealed at 40C/110F, as the humidity was high and the bud was a little wetter than usual ...anyway, I hope they turn out good for you.
ok for you.
I think he means inside vacuumed bags its a very sound method of sweating and after you can use it to part dry them slowly.
I will be getting one for my next batch for sure.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:00 AM #3042
Holeshot22

Holeshot22 is just really niceHoleshot22 is just really niceHoleshot22 is just really niceHoleshot22 is just really niceHoleshot22 is just really niceHoleshot22 is just really niceHoleshot22 is just really niceHoleshot22 is just really nice
Hey Tang. What's doing friend??
What are you growing at the moment?
Holeshot22 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:33 PM #3043
Drunken Buddha

Drunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the roughDrunken Buddha is a jewel in the rough
This year is going to be my Year of the Cob for surer. Gonna make a Tang stick ala McKush and buy a nice yogurt maker and vac bag sealer. The Good Ship Lollipop will certainly be carrying Alice to my shores......
Drunken Buddha is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:29 AM #3044
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Buddha View Post
This year is going to be my Year of the Cob for surer. Gonna make a Tang stick ala McKush and buy a nice yogurt maker and vac bag sealer. The Good Ship Lollipop will certainly be carrying Alice to my shores......
Hi brother get a dehydrator you can use them to slow dry the cobs after the cure as well as sweat them multi purpose tool. Vacuum sealer plus dehydrator are the must have tools now.

Old 06-22-2018, 01:31 AM #3045
jonhova

jonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the rough
I learned that you shouldnt hang dry your weed in your grow cabinet if you have a the fans on. They will get quite dry too quickly. I can tell the fermentation process would have been greater had there been more moisture to kick start everything.
jonhova is offline Quote

Old 06-22-2018, 01:32 AM #3046
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot22 View Post
Hey Tang. What's doing friend??
What are you growing at the moment?
Not much at the moment but after August I plan 3rd style of Golden Tiger from Ace and some Punto Rojo x Coljam I cant wait its going to rock my socks off megga sativas.
Big time high as a kite cobs.

I just edited this to include some Panama x Honduras. I had 0.25g about 4 hours ago and PHEW! this is what you call living!
So because I have limited space and these are all regs I will do 3 of everything under 11/13 from week 1.
Sex them and then flower the remainder whatever they are.
One plant from each would be awesome any more a bonus.
I dont have your luxury of being able to grow outside you lucky son of a gun very envious of some of your pics man.

Last edited by Tangwena; 06-22-2018 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: Feeling the effects of the Panama x Honduras
Tangwena is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:39 AM #3047
Scottay

Scottay will become famous soon enough
Heya Cobsters!!! Hope this finds everyone happy and high!!! Cheers friends and neighbors!!!! ��
Scottay is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:02 AM #3048
Scottay

Scottay will become famous soon enough
Good luck Tangwena...... I hope you end up with a bunch of girls buddy!!!! Cob on! Peaacccceeeee
Scottay is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:00 PM #3049
MostlyMe

MostlyMe is a jewel in the roughMostlyMe is a jewel in the roughMostlyMe is a jewel in the roughMostlyMe is a jewel in the roughMostlyMe is a jewel in the roughMostlyMe is a jewel in the roughMostlyMe is a jewel in the rough
After the encouragement from Tangwena, I made my first cob with about a third of an ounce Bangi Haze that was already sort of dry (65%-ish). I did spray the crumbled bud with a little water before wrapping in oven paper and 'cooking' at 40 C. It seemed to work, but I still felt a little more water would be better, so I sprayed and cooked again. Now the cob has been at 30C for a week, but drying doesn't seem necessary: the wrapper is just about dry, though the compressed weed is a bit mushy. What do you guys think, does that mean I can start the cure? Or should I rewet some more?
Listen to Slayer.
MostlyMe is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2018, 10:29 PM #3050
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyMe View Post
After the encouragement from Tangwena, I made my first cob with about a third of an ounce Bangi Haze that was already sort of dry (65%-ish). I did spray the crumbled bud with a little water before wrapping in oven paper and 'cooking' at 40 C. It seemed to work, but I still felt a little more water would be better, so I sprayed and cooked again. Now the cob has been at 30C for a week, but drying doesn't seem necessary: the wrapper is just about dry, though the compressed weed is a bit mushy. What do you guys think, does that mean I can start the cure? Or should I rewet some more?
Hi my friend a close up pic would be good so we can see if she is ready.
Its best if they are still moist before sweating but not mandatory.
Dont keep spraying as if the weed was too dry going in it will not help in any way.
Some members on 420 forum had some success rehydrating their weed to cob but I cant vouch for it myself.