What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump implies that he might legalize cannabis.

White Beard

You’re really a piece of fucking *work*, you are.

*Neither* of us said “ALL* pesticides are harmful, we said “pesticides” referring to a class of products, and *as a class* they are known to be hazardous if ingested. Having to point that out to you is redundant, but you insisted.

Essential oils may be USED by you and others AS pesticides, but they ARE NOT classed as pesticides, and so not included by our remarks about pesticides when it comes down to selling the product, the onus, once again, is on *YOU* to demonstrate that *your* product contains no products or product residues that could injure the user when used normally.

Which is *EXACTLY* what Taco was/is saying: you and whoever should be able to demonstrate, with test results, your product is clean.

The rest of this is just you trolling Taco. Big ol’ man, you
I inserted essential oils into the conversation, because you and Taco said all pesticides are harmful. So really, it's you that is "trying to make the point"

If you can't show how pesticides hurt people, then why come blabbering into a thread about how pesticides hurt people? Seems like you don't actually have an argument. Actually, that much is clear.

You said that pesticides are harmful. Please show how essential oils are harmful?

I guess i will make my point now, even though you guys can't defend yours.

Pesticides are only harmful if:

When ingested/smoked it has a harmful effect on the body

Is actually in the final product after harvest.

Every pesticide has a half life. If the pesticide isn't present after harvest in the buds, then it's safe. If the product doesn't have a harmful effect on the human body even when left in the final product, the product is safe.

Get it? Essential oils sprayed to the day of harvest will leave nothing behind that will harm a human body when ingested/smoked. Many scientific studies on this, I can start posting them if you want. However, you still haven't back your side of the argument. Go ahead now..... Tell me how organic essential oils are harmful to humans when being ingested or smoked in cannabis?
This is called “moving the goalposts”, a standard form of “argument” used by “conservatives” when they’ve been backed into a conceptual corner: change the structure, the evidence, the end point, to see if they can derail the conversation or make their opponent flustered.

Enjoy dancing in the end-zone - but you might wanna get off the field, you keep getting run over....

St. Phatty

The rest of this is just you trolling Taco. Big ol’ man, you
This is called “moving the goalposts”, a standard form of “argument” used by “conservatives” when they’ve been backed into a conceptual corner: change the structure, the evidence, the end point, to see if they can derail the conversation or make their opponent flustered.

Moving the Goalposts is an extremely bi-partisan technique.

i.e. Everybody does it.

From Reagan on, probably before, Dem & Repug administrations have been massaging economic figures to make it look like the US economy is growing.

White Beard

man, you are really diggin in now. It's almost like you have to disagree with me, even when it's painfully obvious which side is correct.
It’s true, I tend to forget the bit about not teaching pigs to sing

“smith111” said:
Strait from Wiki

Karl Marx - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Marx

He believed that no one should have power over another, that everyone should be equal. His most famous book was the Communist Manifesto. He wrote it with Friedrich Engels in 1848. The book is about the ideas and aims of communism.

This has gotten pathetic.
And you think that supports your name-calling? You’re right: it *has* gotten pathetic in here. Congrats for successfully googling “Carl Marx”.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
So you are making a law or regulation that everybody has to have their product tested...... Sounds like another contradiction....... Dude, seriously. You are trying to argue your point about no laws for cannabis, while making laws for cannabis...... You are not a deep thinker are you?

You act like you deserve the discussion you refuse to recognize and participate in.

I am not alone in my disdain for regulation but am not adverse to accommodating reasonable progress.

Thank you for representing present progress.

I believe I will adjust my views accordingly.

I would suggest you reel in your ego but it knows no bounds.

We are all very impressed.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm glad we're regulated. Keeps the LPs clean (one was just delisted because of repeated contamination), and keeps it competitive for my organic product. Your testing and insurance industry should give you the same result.

Expect to see it promised in 2020, but you'll have to keep their feet to the fire for it to happen.

Gry

This thread went on an interesting tangent that I attempted to follow back, but it seems to have started in a previous thread.

It would seem to have involved pest management in larger grows.

I am interested in learning how larger grows will deal with this.

redlaser

Veteran
I'm glad we're regulated. Keeps the LPs clean (one was just delisted because of repeated contamination), and keeps it competitive for my organic product. Your testing and insurance industry should give you the same result.

Expect to see it promised in 2020, but you'll have to keep their feet to the fire for it to happen.

What kind of steps are you using to pass microbial testing?

Seems to be the bigger issue for a lot of producers, especially sun grown products.

Plus there is the issue of using beneficial insects and bacteria and trying to have acceptable limits and still be useful.

I’m all for having pot tested for microbial and pesticide/solvents/heavy metals, , it’s unfortunate medical couldn’t find a way to regulate/test itself before now. Might have kept kept some of the smaller farms going into “ legalization” times of today.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
This thread went on an interesting tangent that I attempted to follow back, but it seems to have started in a previous thread.

It would seem to have involved pest management in larger grows.

I am interested in learning how larger grows will deal with this.

According to the genius you spray with approved whatevers and keep raking in the cash. Which is kinda what I expected.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
What kind of steps are you using to pass microbial testing?

Seems to be the bigger issue for a lot of producers, especially sun grown products.

Plus there is the issue of using beneficial insects and bacteria and trying to have acceptable limits and still be useful.

I’m all for having pot tested for microbial and pesticide/solvents/heavy metals, , it’s unfortunate medical couldn’t find a way to regulate/test itself before now. Might have kept kept some of the smaller farms going into “ legalization” times of today.

I am curious about this. Saw a Kevin Jodrey video that made it sound as if there was a lot of confusion as to what is acceptable and what should or should not be present.

It was affecting alot of organics grows.