What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dominican Republic

staypuff

Nothing but great times I had there on vacation....Just be wary of drinking the water if it's not given to you in a bottle even at the resort. I got sick once from the ice cubes they were putting in my drinks. Came to find out they were using non bottle water for the ice. No buenooo lol.

Hubbleman

Veteran
Been there couple of times

The local weed is this brownish out door type with few seeds... bought some from rich local white denizens.

Hey didnt DR get devastated by hurricane few years back?

Kotoko

I dont know why waist the time going to a country whom when you come back home you dont associate with its people. If anyone here had a Dominican buddy things might be different. Going to vegas on vacation and your from boston doesnt change a thing. Now go to Italy, Spain, and places like that, as a tourist, you stick to the flock.

Now when you move to a new place, you settle first get a hold of whats around you and what not, you bearings, you are a tourist meaning touring needing guidance, now what happens when we do things we no guidance.

I left my island at 5, every time I go Im a tourist, so i find the proper channels, i got friens ind England so if i go there , or to see my fam in Spain im set ill be more comfortable, when there is no Guide ill stick to doing tourist stuff and avoid the headaches. More fun that way...... just saying. Also befriend other cultures it will aid the process further and smooths things out making it more enjoyable and a genuine experience, the resort people almost all will be out to get you and a 50 mile radius of towns also, its the beasts nature.

Calgrow

Tour a cigar farm..

The cannabis is just ditch weed along with people who will try to extort you. Every place has it's good features cannabis is not a good feature in the DR.

Amynamous

I would like to retire in the Caribbean, or at least live there half time. The Virgin Islands are great, and they recently legalized medical mj, but housing there is more than i can afford. I am not alone in my desire to retire in warmth and comfort, as well as my desire to partake. If these Caribbean nations were smarter, they would capitalize on the retirement demographics, and at least allow medical mj. Everyone benefits, especially the local economy.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm here now. Found brownish weed but it rocks. Got my hands on a couple hundred seeds also.

Won't know what it is until I grow it.

Badfishy1

It's brick weed so it's probably fermented.

Hits like a strong Indica.

Most weed I’ve found through the islands is brick weed or at the minimum seeded. In St. kitts, after quite an amount of time i was able to find some quality sensi. Just took me a few trips and seeing the same people every time before I was let in to the local circle. The green brick was decent if honest. $5 bags that came w a pack of papers. A few joints along with cheap Carib I have wasted months of my life on the beaches with nowhere to go.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BYOW

Bring your own weed. Bring the finest and allow one or two Dominicans or islanders see a bud or two what you have and tell them simply you want something "similar in quality to this" and be really good and they will get it and also know you don't need to buy any so unless it's something really good you'll have a nice vacation either way :)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
One male and a female would be great for this optimist.

Wish me luck. lol

picture.php

Tranquilidade

Although this is an old thread, I wanted to provide a recent update. In Punta Cana, especially around the beaches, there's an abundance of cannabis available. You'll find many vendors selling Californian kush as they say, likely catering to American tourists.

In contrast, on the Samana Peninsula, it's still possible to find weed that is compressed and fermented, characterized by its sandalwood scent with a touch of jet fuel. The effect is oldschool, inspiring, and euphoric. I came across a few seeds that were extremely large, but unfortunately, they didn't sprout. I'm seeking assistance to identify them or even to make an educated guess. I'm inclined to think they might be of Mexican origin, given their unique aroma profile combining sandalwood and fuel scents. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Latest posts