Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
The Official Hempy Bucket Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2019, 08:03 PM #4701
Safe Gardener

Safe Gardener is a jewel in the roughSafe Gardener is a jewel in the roughSafe Gardener is a jewel in the roughSafe Gardener is a jewel in the roughSafe Gardener is a jewel in the roughSafe Gardener is a jewel in the rough
I'm sure most in this tread have used the Hempy method or a variation. To anyone else who hasn't, if you are looking for a trouble free grow this is by far the easiest with the best results I have come up with.

I have used buckets of different sizes with a variety of soil/perlite medium combinations and have had luck with all. After adding perlite to 2" (relative to container size) for the reservoir I mix in some Osmocote Plus into the soil/perlite medium. After that I just add a 5ml/gal of Cal Mag to water (private well) and top the hempy reservoir when needed (around twice a week). Last two weeks of flower I stop the Cal Mag.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about this method with the Osmocoate.

SG
Safe Gardener is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:07 PM #4702
Jellyfish
Invertebrata Inebriata

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe Gardener View Post
Hey fellow Hempy growers!

Have any of you flowered in one gallon hempy's? Thanks

SG

Sure, no problem. I actually use plastic trick or treat buckets that hold a little less than a gallon.

Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2019, 11:04 PM #4703
Safe Gardener

Safe Gardener is a jewel in the roughSafe Gardener is a jewel in the roughSafe Gardener is a jewel in the roughSafe Gardener is a jewel in the roughSafe Gardener is a jewel in the roughSafe Gardener is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
Sure, no problem. I actually use plastic trick or treat buckets that hold a little less than a gallon.
Good to know, thanks! I have a few in 32oz yogurt containers turned hempy right now. I'm going to transplant into the gallon hempys and switch two flower after a week or so.

I wasn't sure if anyone was going to respond, and was getting ready to try it out. The 32oz yogurt cups work awesome for veg, could probably keep a mother happy in one for quite some time.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:07 AM #4704
Jellyfish
Invertebrata Inebriata

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
My best tip right now would be, trim the roots right before you put them in the bigger buckets. Reason being, they will have a growth spurt that won't happen otherwise.

The plants love it. Can I get a witness?

Old 02-16-2019, 12:08 AM #4705
Jellyfish
Invertebrata Inebriata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe Gardener View Post
The 32oz yogurt cups work awesome for veg, could probably keep a mother happy in one for quite some time.

You could, and one of the keys to doing that is, trim the roots once in a while, like once a month.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:05 AM #4706
Safe Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
My best tip right now would be, trim the roots right before you put them in the bigger buckets. Reason being, they will have a growth spurt that won't happen otherwise.

The plants love it. Can I get a witness?
I'll make sure to follow that advice, as in the past while the results were good the rootball always looks like it should be bigger/more dense. I usually end with tidy cat kitty litter hempys (about 3gal+/-) and have been happy with the results each time but didn't cut the roots before the last transplant.

So you think I should cut the roots give a week for them to get settled then flip?

Old 02-16-2019, 03:14 AM #4707
Pinball Wizard
Senior Boomer

Pinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivorPinball Wizard is a survivor
Short of cutting the roots: you can take a steak knife and slice the root ball from 4 sides.

Works for me.

Pinball Wizard is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2019, 05:54 AM #4708
Safe Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinball Wizard View Post
Short of cutting the roots: you can take a steak knife and slice the root ball from 4 sides.

Works for me.

View Image
Thanks, Pinball Wizard. When I said cut the roots, slicing laterally was what I had in mind.

Your plants look good. Are those Hempy pots?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:31 AM #4709
Jellyfish
Invertebrata Inebriata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinball Wizard View Post

Works for me.

View Image

Yeah, or scissors all the way around and on the bottom.

Dang, bro, nice looking plants there!