What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Kush" bagseed grow

GDB

I managed to get a single seed out of these kush nugs. Let's see what happens!

Day 1

I ended up having to help her out of the shell since it was one of those very small round/compact seeds. I thought it wouldn't even germ yet I was amazed!

GDB

I'll be taking some pics here in a few hours. Good news though since I was noticing some green in the cotyledon. I sprayed them down with a very diluted solution of liquified seaweed and bcuzz rooting solution, this has always helped jump start things in the past. I'm keeping my fingers crossed with this kush seedling and another random small seed found in another bag of headstash. I've never really seen two immature/roundish looking seeds from bagseed germinate so quick, perhaps putting them in the freezer before paper towels helped.

GDB

I'd also like to add that not all the nuggets have been smoked so there is a slight possibility of finding another one (doubtful).

D

dankiestog

sorry that doesnt look like Kush to me (not trying to be a dick)...hope shes bomb & it works out..

GDB

dankiestog said:
sorry that doesnt look like Kush to me (not trying to be a dick)...hope shes bomb & it works out..

There is no way for you to say that doesn't look like Kush. It looks like alot of other Kush varieties that I've smoked over the years. Chunky nugs, sweet flavor, and the one of a kind Kush high thats real cerebral and relaxing it just takes you to a different place.

[excerpt taken from the cannabible by jason king vol. 1 pg. 89]

"HINDU KUSH" - With its origins in the foothills of the Hindu Kush mountain range in Afghanistan, this extremely stinky indica exists in many different forms around the world. Generally, Kush plants are short, stocky, early maturing, and potent. As true-breeding stable strains, they make wonderful parental material for breeding purposes. Originally used for making hash, today these strains have found their way into just about everything. Look for the typical wide-bladed indica leaves and the knockout stone. Three different versions are pictured: a California indoor organic soil-grown Kush (right), a hydro-ponically grown indoor BC Kush (opposite page, upper right), and an Amsterdam hydro Kush (opposite page, upper left). The organic one, quite predictably, is by far the best, with subtle grape-like tones of earthly flavor dancing on the taste buds.

[end of excerpt]

GDB

latest progress

latest progress

OK here is the girl on Day 2, amazing what a little bcuzz and liquified seaweed can do.

I've got a local strain doing something weird on me, check this out.

Here is a picture of a purple strain from WA, locally grown for who knows how long.

Here are two seedlings from a stabilization project I've been working on. Notice the deep purple in the petioles on the first?

And last but not least! FUCK THE HATERS.
:sasmokin:

GDB

Kush Day 3

TD#1 (local strain) Day #3

I'll update this again in a few days when the second nodes start growing.

GDB

Kush - Day 7

looking pretty good thus far.

These other pics are from my control group.

B1 - Day 7

B2 - Day 7

B3 - Day 7

JM1 - Day 7

TD1 - Day 7 (runt!)

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey GDB, what light source are you using? Do you reckon they could go a bit closer to the lights? :)

thc43

Veteran
good luck with the bagseed grow.. hope she turns kushy for you

Last edited:

GDB

Sammet said:
Hey GDB, what light source are you using? Do you reckon they could go a bit closer to the lights? :)

600W HPS - they just look lanky because the seed mix I use has phosphorous. I'm currently at 18/6 and they are 3' away from the light source (plenty of light for a seedling). I've filled in around the base of each one since the cups were only half full previously. Less initial volume gives them time to harden up and helps to prevent 'dampening off'.

Here is the JM1 at day 7.5 with the extra mix added. This will give me a plant from seed that resembles a clone and will have a large root ball. I've been giving these liquid karma every watering at the recommended dose for seedlings and will introduce bcuzz rooting solution around day 12-14 once the 3rd node starts growing. I will then top the 4th node for cuttings to flower and identify the females.

GDB

thc43 said:
good luck with the bagseed grow.. hope she turns kushy for you

These were definitely some kushy nugs and even the grower said to us that there is no way we would ever find a seed. :pointlaug

TriCrystalz

looking good there GDB, I will be keeping an eye on your seedlings, as I give some of my satori and kali some TLC. Best of luck!

GDB

JM1 Day 18 (not very lanky/tall)

B1, B2, & B3 Day 18 (too much phosphorous in my seed mix) I've topped these and moved them closer to the light.

Kush Day 18 (same as above - too much phosphorous) Still waiting to top this one it has been moved closer to the light as well.

I'm expecting a quick turnaround for these to start bushing out and growing faster. They've all been moved closer to the light and will be transplanted once some new growth appears. :woohoo:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
glad you've found out whats up with them, and I'm sure they'll start bushing up when you transplant them up. Good luck mate

G

save your runt, the one i had this run looks to have some killer smoke on it