What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Emily's Garden

Has anyone used Emily's Garden by Hydrofarm?

I got one as a gift and I put it to work. While I was flushing the res last night I removed my biggest plant from the tray and a giant mass of roots were ripped off, causing some ugly damage. The roots were not bound to other plants but they just scraped against the side of the system. I was dead sober at the time and was very careful.

Do I have to remove the plants from the system when doing a nute solution change as it says in the system's meager intructions or could I just pull the stopper from the bottom of the tank to drain? Do I have to manually clean the res every couple of weeks or just drain?

Oh, the system is really just a simple bubbler that holds six planters if you have necer seen it.

Ice Cold

I have been looking at your thread the last few days waiting for an answer too... where the heck are all the bubbler people??

If it were me I would try to get out all the roots taht are no longer attached. I have read quite a few bubbler threads and if I remember right, people let the bubbler level drop down a little refilling every 5 days or so with water and nuters.. changing the water completly and adding freash water and nutes every about 14 days and cleaning the tank about every other or third res change.. I hope that helps or it is wrong enough for someone else to jump in :)

http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=EG200

how much did you pay for yours??

What I do with my waterfarm is simple. I lift the container with the plant and grow media out & place it in an empty container. Then I flush it. Then I drain, rinse and refill the system, and put the plant back in.

The root grow out of the bottom so it would be hard to damage roots. You had some bad luck.

I paid the same price as is advertised on Worm's Way but I bought it with cash at my local grow shop. I think I will be buying my stuff online from now on though, it is cheaper and they don't try to hard sell you on stuff.

HardKnock

That was the first system I used. It worked alright. I just had a small closet grow. After that I went to my own DWC. I used 3 1/2 gallon buckets with dual air pumps and those worked great. I'm trying a larger grow this time with soil, close to 40 and it would just cost me to much to buy all those air pumps they were like $12 a piece plus the buckets where like $3 a piece. You looking at a-lot more money setting up 40 of those compared to the soil.

TheIO

With water farms do you guys ever have problems with res temps? thats been keeping me away from water farms. Im not sure how to keep the res cool....

Res temps are the one thing I haven't had a problem with, but then again I am using Emily's Garden and the res is so small that I automatically assume to have high res temps. The only reason I don't have a problem is that I haven't been checking.;)

Oh well, now I will have to worry about it....what are the symptoms? Root rot? Stunted growth?

Latest posts

Latest posts