What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Green New Deal

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Such humility, such openmindedness. You are so enlightened. It's so humble of you to label everyone who thinks their may be better solutions, as a denier. No one is denying the climate is changing. We just don't see how, bankrupting the nation, is going to change it.

i'm open-minded. let us hear your better solutions instead of trashing every option that involves NOT adding to the problems we face. the clock is ticking...

packerfan79

Veteran
i'm open-minded. let us hear your better solutions instead of trashing every option that involves NOT adding to the problems we face. the clock is ticking...

I would start with nuclear. I personally stopped growing in the summer, not worth it with the ac usage, and co2 usage. I would be advocating for dual stage evaporative coolers, instead of ac. I would allow and encourage people to live off the grid, most states require you to be connected to the electrical grid. I would encourage people to collect rain water, not penalize it. Their are many other things that can actually help, without trillions in deficit spending.

I sure wouldn't be demanding Medicare for all which has nothing to do with pollution or co2. I would leave out the federal job and housing guarantee. Definitely would pass on the 60 % income tax to pay for all the federal handouts.

How do these handout do anything to combat climate change?

These are the things that make me and most conservatives to dismiss far left environmentalists crazy ideas, ideas that have nothing to do with climate change.

packerfan79

Veteran

I would start with nuclear. I personally stopped growing in the summer, not worth it with the ac usage, and co2 usage. I would be advocating for dual stage evaporative coolers, instead of ac. I would allow and encourage people to live off the grid, most states require you to be connected to the electrical grid. I would encourage people to collect rain water, not penalize it. Their are many other things that can actually help, without trillions in deficit spending.

I sure wouldn't be demanding Medicare for all which has nothing to do with pollution or co2. I would leave out the federal job and housing guarantee. Definitely would pass on the 60 % income tax to pay for all the federal handouts.

These are the things that make me and most conservatives to dismiss far left environmentalists crazy ideas, ideas that have nothing to do with climate change.

igrowone

Veteran
clean, cheap, plentiful energy
nuclear can be clean, the newer tech would be
but the politics, not happening at the moment
and we're running out of moments
some interesting choices out there
1 is yellowstone and geothermal, big energy there
hell you could power the lower 48 off that sucker and remove the risk of a catastrophic eruption
downsides? goodbye old faithful and the hot springs in general

packerfan79

Veteran
1 is yellow stone and geothermal, big energy there
hell you could power the lower 48 off that sucker and remove the risk of a catastrophic eruption

I like the way you think. Their is always a down side.

Mick

Veteran
1 is yellowstone and geothermal, big energy there

Nuclear power stations are very costly to build and it's hard to get finance, which is telling. Many countries with nuclear power generation are now phasing them out, which is also telling. Fukushima is still releasing radioactive water into the Pacific, and that accident happened in 2011. And then there's all that waste. Damn, There are so many forms of renewable energy .
Solar.
Wind.
Hydroelectric energy
Biomass.
Hydrogen and fuel cells.
Geothermal power and more.
And now the technology to store renewable energy in batteries is really taking off. Time to step up and start looking after the planet imo. It's also telling that a cold climate country like Germany can phase out nuclear and coal.

igrowone

Veteran
Nuclear power stations are very costly to build and it's hard to get finance, which is telling. Many countries with nuclear power generation are now phasing them out, which is also telling. Fukushima is still releasing radioactive water into the Pacific, and that accident happened in 2011. And then there's all that waste. Damn, There are so many forms of renewable energy .
Solar.
Wind.
Hydroelectric energy
Biomass.
Hydrogen and fuel cells.
And now the technology to store renewable energy in batteries is really taking off. Time to step up and start looking after the planet imo. It's also telling that a cold climate country like Germany can phase out nuclear and coal.

light water reactors, they're the grief
but not really an issue, the politics have killed it
so it has to be the rest, may the best system win

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Solar.
Wind.
Hydroelectric energy
Biomass.
Hydrogen and fuel cells.

The United States Government Accountability Office reported more than 150 incidents from 2001 to 2006 of nuclear plants not performing within acceptable safety guidelines. According to a 2010 survey of energy accidents, there have been at least 56 accidents at nuclear reactors in the United States (defined as incidents that either resulted in the loss of human life or more than US$50,000 of property damage).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_reactor_accidents_in_the_United_States

packerfan79

Veteran
Still no one addresses the bullshit leftist crap they want to cram down our throats. If Democrats, wanted to save the environment they would stop including completely unrealated shit like financial security for all who can't or are unwilling to work. They are trying to buy support from lazy people who want to live off the working classes labor.

packerfan79

Veteran
The United States Government Accountability Office reported more than 150 incidents from 2001 to 2006 of nuclear plants not performing within acceptable safety guidelines. According to a 2010 survey of energy accidents, there have been at least 56 accidents at nuclear reactors in the United States (defined as incidents that either resulted in the loss of human life or more than US$50,000 of property damage).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_reactor_accidents_in_the_United_States

You definitely selectively edit your post. Lol. Nice try buddy. You definitely have a future with CNN.

Lester Moore

Veteran
Nuclear is the best form of energy known....the accidents that happened years ago were before current and much better safety systems...the problem is people get scared when they hear “ nuclear”, like the face of a liberal (like The time I told a leftist I have my 8 year old shooting guns, the look of fear was comical)...This is why the MRI study was changed, it was known as , nuclear magnetic imaging, this scared the weak minded who said “ oh NO nuclear!!!! “ so it was changed...and now they are smiling and demanding MRI’s for every little 2 day old ache and pain...happy and smillng jumping into the NUCLEAR machine at a rapid pace lol! . Here is a proposal, build nuclear plants on the coast and use them to desalinate water....provides for a shit load of “ clean “ energy and clean water. And if the sea is rising hhhmmmn. Solved that fake problem. I personally love co2 and try to produce as much as I can.( only because I love trees and vegetation, and my garden) ..but for long term energy for the populace nuclear is the right answer...I just really love co2! In fact I breath it out with every breath...and my plants love it too! Please, please liberals, stop trying to starve my plants.....

At least you admit that there is climate change. Why would 'conservatives' that don't\won't acknowledge climate change care what you do to reduce your carbon footprint?

How can you reconcile those 2 things? I don't know, but in Canada we sure hear a lot about Trump rolling back one thing after another. Don't need much of an IQ to realize he's awful for the environment. Take the lift of the Memorandum on Drilling in the Artic National Wildlife Refuge. I asked if you'd ever worked on a farm, you never replied. Have you ever worked in oil and gas? I'm a level 3 wellhead field service tech.

That means I can enter a sour well that's been fracked to jupiter, under many thousands of PSI(my tools are rated for 15k), with so much H2S it'll drop a few city blocks in no time. I'll inform you that what happened in the Gulf spill is nothing compared to what will happen in the Beaufort Sea if shit goes south. Any idea how to set up a rig in the size of waves you see in Deadliest Catch - thats like 6 months out of a year?...Well you can't man, gotta let it spew until next spring. Maybe you"ll get lucky and plug it the next summer, or maybe it leaks for a whole second winter. And it will go south drilling up there eventually....

I've had to freeze a well with liquid N2, with several kms of well casing hanging from a cocked hanger in the wellhead. They had fracked it, the service rig had showed up to run production casing and ran into a bit of trouble.
We had 3 firetrucks ready for weeks near the lease, paramedics etc. Any idea what a truck like those costs to rent a day with a trained crew:laughing:
You may ask, how could that happen if you are all trained fucking professionals?

Good question Packer...on a well that costs prob 50k a day to drill, could take 100 days could take 200 - (it costs millions to drill directionally) they had some retard roughneck land this bitch. Hanger cost under a grand keep in mind, but they didn't want to pay our company maybe FIVE HUNDRED BUCKS to do it, plus assume liability of course. I would have gladly signed my name that I did it, I'm proud of my work. My previous work with explosives taught me to keep it real... Instead the quarter mil a year consultant had to make some calls and explain why he can't do his job worth shit...it really is simple stuff if you know and care, money rules though:biggrin:

Trump is not good for the environment, bottom line. He is worse than most...I'm lucky I don't have any little lungs to worry about. I think that you're a smart guy. One day you'll see he has no compassion for really anything that YOU hold dear, at least that how it seems from the outside. I didn't start out hating on the guy, I don't like the choices he's made since we've all been watching...No TDS up here BTW, I would find it hard to vote for either the R's or the D's right now.

Many blessings all:tiphat:

packerfan79

Veteran
At least you admit that there is climate change. Why would 'conservatives' that don't\won't acknowledge climate change care what you do to reduce your carbon footprint?

How can you reconcile those 2 things? I don't know, but in Canada we sure hear a lot about Trump rolling back one thing after another. Don't need much of an IQ to realize he's awful for the environment. Take the lift of the Memorandum on Drilling in the Artic National Wildlife Refuge. I asked if you'd ever worked on a farm, you never replied. Have you ever worked in oil and gas? I'm a level 3 wellhead field service tech.

That means I can enter a sour well that's been fracked to jupiter, under many thousands of PSI(my tools are rated for 15k), with so much H2S it'll drop a few city blocks in no time. I'll inform you that what happened in the Gulf spill is nothing compared to what will happen in the Beaufort Sea if shit goes south. Any idea how to set up a rig in the size of waves you see in Deadliest Catch - thats like 6 months out of a year?...Well you can't man, gotta let it spew until next spring. Maybe you"ll get lucky and plug it the next summer, or maybe it leaks for a whole second winter. And it will go south drilling up there eventually....

I've had to freeze a well with liquid N2, with several kms of well casing hanging from a cocked hanger in the wellhead. They had fracked it, the service rig had showed up to run production casing and ran into a bit of trouble.
We had 3 firetrucks ready for weeks near the lease, paramedics etc. Any idea what a truck like those costs to rent a day with a trained crew:laughing:
You may ask, how could that happen if you are all trained fucking professionals?

Good question Packer...on a well that costs prob 50k a day to drill, could take 100 days could take 200 - (it costs millions to drill directionally) they had some retard roughneck land this bitch. Hanger cost under a grand keep in mind, but they didn't want to pay our company maybe FIVE HUNDRED BUCKS to do it, plus assume liability of course. I would have gladly signed my name that I did it, I'm proud of my work. My previous work with explosives taught me to keep it real... Instead the quarter mil a year consultant had to make some calls and explain why he can't do his job worth shit...it really is simple stuff if you know and care, money rules though:biggrin:

Trump is not good for the environment, bottom line. He is worse than most...I'm lucky I don't have any little lungs to worry about. I think that you're a smart guy. One day you'll see he has no compassion for really anything that YOU hold dear, at least that how it seems from the outside. I didn't start out hating on the guy, I don't like the choices he's made since we've all been watching...No TDS up here BTW, I would find it hard to vote for either the R's or the D's right now.

Many blessings all:tiphat:

Actually, I wouldn't ask a presumptuous question. I have been on some crazy dangerous jobs in my life.
15 floors on cantilevered scaffolding with nothing but a couple bottom bars and 2 planks below me. I know accidents dont always have to do with the ability. Plaster hoses explode on occasion, you should live if your on the ground.

I am not a member of any political party. That being said I feel the right has been the closest thing to sanity in politics at this moment in time(a very strange moment).

I just can't get passed the 9 month abortion.

The gender fantasy "science:rolleyes:"

The inclusion of federal right to housing and employment. In what is supposed to be about combating climate change. They are completely unrelated (unless the green new deal folks know that the actual plans to eliminate co2 production, will destroy the economy).

I could go on for days, If it's not fake racist attacks, it's a catholic school kids getting attacked by everybody, for smiling while white. The most egregious thing you can do.

As far as my carbon footprint. I run LEDs in my grow. I drive a 4cyl. I cut my daily commute from 200 plus miles a day to 50-60. I don't use co2 in my grow, even when it was much larger no ac either. Only ran in the fall and winter. I sacrificed 40 grand a year, not that i didn't enjoy the brake. I am cheap and keep the thermostat at 62.

Lester Moore

Veteran
i agree with a lot you say packerfan....but i do differ in one respect....i try to produce as much co2 as i can, i love that gas!!! and so do my plants...ALL plants!...those that dont like co2 obviously hate plants and trees....its like saying eliminate oxygen to save humans...i would like to urge everyone reading to please produce more co2.... the plants and trees will thank you as they breath easier.... oh ya and if you agree with the abortion at 6-9 months....maybe your mother should have too..

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
You definitely selectively edit your post. Lol. Nice try buddy. You definitely have a future with CNN.

G `day PF

My point was the talk about Fukishima .
There was plenty of radiation spewed out long before .

I did link to the page . So if you wanted to inform yourself you could . CNN ?

There is also an island west of Hawaii where the US "disposed" of nerve agents , chemical weapons as well as nuclear waste .

Johnston Atoll

The Johnston Atoll is an island territory owned by the United States approximately 1,400 miles (2,300 km) west of Hawaii. The island began as a site to test nuclear weapons in the 1950s and 1960s and was later converted to a storage facility for chemical weapons. All known weapons on the island have been destroyed by incineration.

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Gry

Nope, I am delighted...usually people start to get angry and name call if they don’t like a position. Instead of a calm discussion. But it is so much easier to put people in boxes so you don’t have to think much about their position or ideas. Like calling someone a denier, racist, sexist etc....
Your delight appears to have made way for your usual in short order.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
No problem. In make believe world all you need is propaganda and the dummies will slurp it right up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...77xT60pmX4sWw1kQoUpBO8&utm_term=.8cd5eb2492cc

Imo, we changed from the term “Global Warming” to “Climate Change” in the misguided hope that this would better help the deniers to understand the process. If you come to Australia you will see both Warming and Climate Change at work and it's happening frighteningly fast. Why some people are super connected to, and love the earth, and some just seem to want to watch it burn, is something I've thought about a lot. Best I've come up with is the theory of “The harmony of Opposites”. You need an opposite for something to exist. Example, Up - Down, Space – Matter. If you can imagine for a second that there was no Up, or a Room without Space. Re climate change, it would seem that there's those that love and cherish the earth, and then there's the opposite. I'm probably way off, but it is a cool subject to contemplate. Imo no amount of education is going to change a deniers mind. As an example, many people believe that with education and knowledge racists will see the error of their ways and change their minds, but maybe racists are racist simply because it gives them pleasure, another example of the Harmony of Opposites at work. The politics of Climate Change can seem like a a crazy 21st century schizoid riddle, but maybe the answer is right there in front of us, maybe not.

Heraclitus : “The opposites concordant, and from the discordant comes beautiful harmony, and everything happens according to contention”.

“The same thing are the living and the dead, the awake and the sleeping, the young and the old: these indeed changing are those and those again changing are these”.

“Immortal mortals, mortal immortals, living their death and dying their life”.

“One and the same is the path that goes upward and the path that goes downward”.

packerfan79

Veteran
G `day PF

My point was the talk about Fukishima .
There was plenty of radiation spewed out long before .

I did link to the page . So if you wanted to inform yourself you could . CNN ?

There is also an island west of Hawaii where the US "disposed" of nerve agents , chemical weapons as well as nuclear waste .

Johnston Atoll

The Johnston Atoll is an island territory owned by the United States approximately 1,400 miles (2,300 km) west of Hawaii. The island began as a site to test nuclear weapons in the 1950s and 1960s and was later converted to a storage facility for chemical weapons. All known weapons on the island have been destroyed by incineration.

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I was referring to the fact that you posted half the article. You left out the ending where it said few fatalities. The way you posted a portion of the article, claiming 2001 to 2005 I think those are the correctyears. Then the part about the statistics going back to 1979, with 3 mile island. It's misleading.

Fukushima was obviously crazy. I don't doubt their Is risk involved in nuclear power. I am not claiming we should have a reactor in every town. We should have a well thought out multipoint approach to energy production. You focus on 1 thing. Try looking at the big picture. We are a nation of 330million people. We aren't throwing up a couple million solar panels and solving the problem. Their are serious environmental issues with solar panel, and battery production, no one addresses.

If you want to truly make a difference in the environment, demand all politicians stop combining environmental reforms with crazy handouts, like I have stated multiple times previously. You may not like it but you need conservatives if you want to save the world. We can work together, but don't expect conservatives to stand by while Stalin in a skirt (AOC) tries to destroy our freedom , and our way of life.