What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much ruderalis is in an autoflowering strain?

CrescentFresh

Is there a range? Can anyone personally confirm (for example) that 1 great-grand-father ruderalis is enough for a strain to autoflower? So 1 autoflowering ancestor and 7 ancestors who are just normal?

Any information or even speculation would really satisfy my yearning. thanks bras

-Cresent

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Enough ruderalis in the strain to remain autoflower as it's recessive. That's why taking photoperiod strain with auto (by sexing) to autoflowering requires 4-5 generations.

that 1 great-grand-father ruderalis is enough.... If true ruderalis, it won't be light dependent. It can flower in light other than 12/12. ...or outdoors when environment is prime for success....temp, light, etc.

CrescentFresh

thanks for the wisdom

hey - if I spray colloidial silver on a regular photo period female plant (until it produces male pollen) and then use that pollen on an auto-flowering plant

what kind of seeds will I have?