What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

More THC

TheIO

There has got to be a way to get more thc, i have read that more UV-B promotes more THC, and i believe this because when i supliment my HPS with a floresent to help in the dark spots the parts where the floresent hit hardest seem to be alot more potent. Has anyone else experienced this or am i just high? Also is there any other ways that might make your plant make more THC?

Cheers!

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
do you give your plant a 48hour dark period before harvesting? ive heard increases thc bwt i love your icon hahaha

ken

grow a good strain, dont stress it, give it enough light, at least 50w/ sq ft of hps & mh, ideally 100w + per sq foot.

genetics are the most important thing, if you dont have access to good clones, then buy a good pack of seeds & clone the best.

More thc?

More thc?

The levels obtained in good genetics are already very high. people have been using techniques, such as stressing, light type, light intensity, light variation, nutrient type and amount, etc all to achieve higher thc. You should check out the breeders forum on OG and do a search. There is a difference if percent thc in the bud structure as opposed to what the percentage would be in the trich. Many strains have been grown close to their genetic limiting factors. But, who knows, you never lose anything by trying:)

BP
:cool:

Funk

sm0kateer4204 said:
do you give your plant a 48hour dark period before harvesting? ive heard increases thc bwt i love your icon hahaha

A lot of people seem to think this. I've worked with the 48 hour dark, all it does is produce more crystals on the outside. I haven't yet seen an increase in potency, just a better appearance. Don't get me wrong, a lot of well known growers do this, i just don't think it increases potency.

-funker

G

When you have giant rock hard buds, putting them in the dark doesn't seem like a good idea to me. It is a prime invitation for mold and budrot. This is just my oppinion.

I did have a few plants get white fungus all over it too by the way. The first day I checked everything looked great. The next day it looked like a giant spiderweb in there.
Ruined about 4 oz's too.

L

L.V.Dubb

You cant make a plant produce more THC than the genetics will allow it too. To get the most out of your grow, make sure you have top genetics and grow it with little or no stress, in optimal conditions. If all of this criteria is met, then you will have the best possible harvest that strain can give you. :) L.V.

king j

people probly know better then me but i thought more UV-B made the plant think is had to protect itself and so would provduce more resin but i imagine this doesnt make a huuuge difference or any at all considering nobody said anything

Funk

King j

More resin does not necessarily mean more THC, it just means more resin. If I were (hypothetically) going to sell my weed I would do put it in dark to increase resin production because to the ignorant dealer it looks better = more money.

But for my personals I just don't throw it in the dark. I think it is silly, and I hate buds that are too sticky, gets your hands all messy + can't fill up a bowl! They just stick to your hands! It's ridiculous!!

-funker

-I dont remember where I read it but stikin a nail threw the stem at the base of it a fyew days to a week before finishin is suspose to bring out some resin and thc. -And just slapinem around in general too probably! -I havent tryed either tekneek. -My weed's pretty crystally anyhow! -Plenty of resin!

UV-B is the way to go...

THC is the plants nature defence agianst it. UV-B will i say "WILL" increase your resin production. goto a pet store and get yourself a reptile uv light.

not realy a fan of 48 hour darkness myself.
Pete