What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1.5x1.5 grow tent got a question

terrier

hi guys was looking for a bit of advice would a 600w hps and two 300w cfls be enough to cover this space to grow plants from start to finish.

Easy7

Veteran
Enough to start, not sure about quality finish. Why not go higher hid wattage and drop the cfl? 600w hid is good for a meter square. CFL is not high output for the watts consumed. A thousand watt would do well with that, or a 630 cmh. Both less watts than a 600 hid and 600 with cfl.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...yeah, are you talking 1.5x1.5 METERS? ...or are you talking feet?

...btw, i agree, shitcan the CFLs no matter what.

peace, bozo

terrier

sorry for the late reply guys the pc been playing up. its 1.2 mitres x 1.2 mitres sorry so 45 inches square each way. ive seen a 8 pot Wilma system that would fit perfect. one with 6 litre pots the other with 11 litre pots both the same size both 8 pot systems but I don't know what to go for. im thinking one 600w might just about cover it. but that's about my limit as I live in a small flat. what you recon guys 8. 6 litre pots or 11 litre pots in a space this size. im looking for some good advice because after I bought it that's what I got to stick to. many thanks fellas but I need advice

terrier

hi there spaventa I can see you doing a scrog grow there how many plants in what size pots are you using and what if you don't mind me asking is a CMH. and what type of yields you getting. many thanks everyone for helping me out.