What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's Grow & Process Some Medical Grade!

~star~crash~

Yeah that's it rocking along, It's gonna be a spectacular view in the coming, I will be doing scrogs leaving only a 1' space inbetween the screens, Just enough room for me to wiggle between and train them. If I can manage to train the entire room and fill it properly should be quite a pull.

I've a feeling you're up for the challenge!:) get in there and work it!

B4URTIME

I'm dreading it, but If I go through with the scrog I will have no choice but to make it happen.

The plants are looking good starting to deplete the soil. 2 weeks left.

Canopy Shot of glue side

picture.php

Glue up close!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

B4URTIME

The new room is about to get some supports and irrigation installed here is how things are looking.

picture.php

Blue OG

picture.php

picture.php

B4URTIME

You can message me or post here doesn't matter, if you got questions, I got answers, at least pertaining to what I am doing.

~star~crash~

You can message me or post here doesn't matter, if you got questions, I got answers, at least pertaining to what I am doing.

thx ..my questions are on those scrogs you're running , much respect they are very nice, i'm new to that method and i like it..what are the dimensions? how many watts over them? how many containers underneath?what size? are they hand watered ? drain to waste? you're plants look very healthy(flowers & foliage) what do you feed? how often? do you train for one cola per square in the net?...these may sound like basic questions but i value knowledge & every little bit helps...your results speak for themselves ...peace

B4URTIME

thx ..my questions are on those scrogs you're running , much respect they are very nice, i'm new to that method and i like it..what are the dimensions? how many watts over them? how many containers underneath?what size? are they hand watered ? drain to waste? you're plants look very healthy(flowers & foliage) what do you feed? how often? do you train for one cola per square in the net?...these may sound like basic questions but i value knowledge & every little bit helps...your results speak for themselves ...peace

This room is 2400w total, 4 600's... The room itself is roughly 12x8' I have lights on each side of the room with a isle in the center, The screens were built for the purpose of being able to scrog the plants, while also maintaining ability to move the plants around I can slide plants out np and move them if need be or just to access the back row for training purposes.

The screens are built as close to 2x2' as I could get them with roughly 2.5" squares. There is 8 screens on each side and also 8 containers, 1 screen per container. It gives me a perfect 4x8' canopy with a little overhang the plants may extend past the edges of the screens a little. The lighting is 2x 600w digital ballast and that covers a 4x8' canopy.

The first run I did 1 plant per screen in 5 gallon bucket vegged for 30 days. This run I went with 7.5 gallon rubbermaids with a plexiglass divider and put 2 plants per container/screen vegged for 18 days. I aim for one shoot per hole in the screen however its difficult to fill them all completely, the idea is to give it your best shot manipulate the plants however you must to get a growth shoot on each hole. Sometimes that means spiraling a branch into position sometimes it means one branch crossing another, pretty much manipulate them any way you have to to get a shoot on each site or as many as you can.

It's a timing game of figuring out how/when to flip and not overshoot the screen capacity, each strains is a little different so on runs like this where you have several strains on one single side it can be difficult to time a perfect canopy where its easy with the single strain per side. Plus you gotta defoliate enough to keep airflow good through the canopy to thick and you can run into mold issues.

If I missed anything or you have any other questions feel free to ask or pm me.

Great start on the new room, B4! :wave: What cha got planned for irrigation?

I have ordered 3/4" black poly tubing, 1/2" poly tubing 1/4" poly tubing and all the t's and fittings to connect it all together, I will be using a 1200 gph pump. The plan is to build a square around the perimeter of the room out of the 3/4" tubing then using t's run rows of 1/2" lines inline with the rows of plants, and each bucket will get a 1/4" feed line ran into a 1/4" t which will split it into 2 1/4" lines per bucket.

~star~crash~

If I missed anything or you have any other questions feel free to ask or pm me.

thank U:tiphat: for the clear & detailed response..very helpful for me , can you share your watering & feed schedule & what you feed? what's your medium? how do you handle drainage? i intend to emulate you're future plans for irrigation

my scrog is roughly 5 x 10 w/ 3000 watts hps , it's frame is a contained cage of 3/4 inch pvc & the trellis netting squares are 6 inches wide...5 large plants underneath has filled the entire canopy , 8 foot ceiling for headroom ...it's packed,but i can get underneath to tend them, however i can not reach the back 1/4 of the scrog from the top as the rear is the wall...peace

B4URTIME

thank U:tiphat: for the clear & detailed response..very helpful for me , can you share your watering & feed schedule & what you feed? what's your medium? how do you handle drainage? i intend to emulate you're future plans for irrigation

my scrog is roughly 5 x 10 w/ 3000 watts hps , it's frame is a contained cage of 3/4 inch pvc & the trellis netting squares are 6 inches wide...5 large plants underneath has filled the entire canopy , 8 foot ceiling for headroom ...it's packed,but i can get underneath to tend them, however i can not reach the back 1/4 of the scrog from the top as the rear is the wall...peace

The soil mix I use is the following,

30% peat based mix (Promix, Sunshine, Bcuzz hydro or similar)
10% Wormcastings
10% topsoil
15% ocean forest
15% happy frog
20% chunky perlite

amend with

bone meal
kelp meal
alfalfa meal
neem seed meal
azomite
lime
humic acid powder
fulvic acid powder

I do 1 feed every 2 weeks during veg with liquid karma, sweet grape, silica blast. I do foliar feeds every 2 weeks up to week 3 flower, using spray n grow and coco wet, plus occasionally I will add a little fulvic acid powder. I alternate the foliar and normal feeds so that they do not both happen the same week, One week feed the next week foliar.

During flower I increase the feeds to 1 per week. Pretty much what I do in a nutshell.

B4URTIME

I have all the supplies for the irrigation system now, will be getting that installed this week and I will be sure to post it up when I do. I took some new photo's of the room today the plants are growing steadily. I don't have long to get everything done before they need flipped to flower.

This a full room shot.

picture.php

Mixed Rows, several strains

picture.php

Bubba Kush S1 Rows

picture.php

Gorilla Glue Rows

picture.php