What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis flower in ISO for months | Safe?

I have some cannabis flowers that were in a jar of isopropal alcohol. I just drained the black liquid out and let it dry.

The result is black goey hash. Is it safe to smoke?

Thanks. :thank you:

P.s I have made hash before just never let the weed sit for longer than 10 min in the booze.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
It will be safe provided you let the goop properly dry the alcohol out but I'm sure you will still have some residual solvent in there. Maybe scrape it out onto a plate and set that over a pot of boiling water to really get it out of there?

Regardless the final product will be gross to smoke/ingest because of the amount of time it was in the solvent it would have pulled out all the unwanted plant waxes and chlorophyll. :2cents:

Didn't taste to far off from the regular hash i made. Had more of a strong perfume flavor but didnt pick up any green(sunlight bleached it out).

Wasn't harsh on the lungs like i though it would be either. I will do some experiments with better bud to come to a conclusion.

Thanks for the advice.

PDX Dopesmoker

Didn't taste to far off from the regular hash i made. Had more of a strong perfume flavor but didnt pick up any green(sunlight bleached it out).

Wasn't harsh on the lungs like i though it would be either. I will do some experiments with better bud to come to a conclusion.

Thanks for the advice.

I used to do long room temp soaks on my bud to make oil before I learned about doing it frozen. That dark oil is fantastic smoke, its just not as good as the quick wash stuff, which is ultrafantastic.

I used to do long room temp soaks on my bud to make oil before I learned about doing it frozen. That dark oil is fantastic smoke, its just not as good as the quick wash stuff, which is ultrafantastic.

Yea this season im going to make some iso hash by pouring it over frozen fresh buds. No mixing just lots of Alcohol pouring.

Hoping it will up the potency.:artist:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
proper qwiso is every bit as good as bho. grey wolf has a lotta knowledge on all sorts of concentrate teks, seek out his posts.

TerpChild

You should let the oil/iso sit in the freezer for 24 hrs and let some of the waxes collect together, and then filter that through coffee filter. This will make ur smoke smoother.

PDX Dopesmoker

Thats interesting, I'd never thought about dewaxing RSO style oil before.
One time I boiled bud to get out the water soluble stuff out, then redried it out & extracted that. It seemed like it was a small marginal improvement in the quality of the oil, but reduced the yield by more than it improved the quality.

99%

PDX You don't need to boil the bud to get rid of some of unwanted water soluble stuff before soaking in alc as you noticed this will remove some of the trichomes from the plant material, try just soaking it in clean room temp water in a shallow dish for an hour, gently agitate it a few times and then drain off the water with slow gentle arcs to allow most of the water to be forced out of the bud use light flicks, it's best to use buds on the branch, so you can easily "arc" them (centrifugal force).....then freeze, quick wash and filter etc.

or alternatively, I guess you could boil then use your Bubble bags to filter the boiled water to catch any trichomes....but that's something I've never done.

PDX Dopesmoker

PDX You don't need to boil the bud to get rid of some of unwanted water soluble stuff before soaking in alc as you noticed this will remove some of the trichomes from the plant material, try just soaking it in clean room temp water in a shallow dish for an hour, gently agitate it a few times and then drain off the water with slow gentle arcs to allow most of the water to be forced out of the bud use light flicks, it's best to use buds on the branch, so you can easily "arc" them (centrifugal force).....then freeze, quick wash and filter etc.

or alternatively, I guess you could boil then use your Bubble bags to filter the boiled water to catch any trichomes....but that's something I've never done.

Thanks, I read a little about water curing subsequently to my boiling experiment & learning about the topic lead me to wondering about doing a solvent extraction on the leftovers from making bud run water hash. The extraction percentage on water hash is way lower than other techniques so there is bound to be a lot of drugs left in the extracted material if it dries out without molding and its kinda water cured from the hash making process.

Latest posts

Latest posts