What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch Passion Blueberry

Started this Dutch Passion Blueberry a few weeks ago. I am not a big indica fan but this was one of the freebies and I love the smell/ taste of a good blueberry strain. All veganic grow. She is going to flower with a couple goji clones and some c99. Hope this is a good pheno:)

picture.php

View image in gallery

jedi5891

I grew Dutch passion Blueberry years ago, around 2007-8. This was a great commercial cultivar for cash crops as she yields excellent. Also they can grow into big plants if given the chance and mine stretched about x3. They were so big I had to bend them over as they were taller than me. I also had some strange but good traits come out that I've not seen in other types. One was small buds growing on 1 or 2 fan leaves and one of the plants main cola had calyx's shooting out along the top forming only what I can describe as a mohican, very bizarre.
For an indica dominant cultivar it's still quite functional, unless you take alot.

Good luck with the Blueberry, I have fond memory's of growing her and to this day they were some of my best all round plants.

Stay green
Peace
Namaste

superx

Veteran
A word of caution. She is notorious for going hermie and throwing out Bananas,
its quite well documented if you care to do a bit of digging about.."unfortunately, its not as stable as it once was "

My last ones went balls up, i should of heeded the advice i was given at the time.

Good luck with them..

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I used to run DP Blueberry for years. She does stretch a lot and the plant I kept was an average yielder. She smelled and tasted like blueberry syrup! It was crazy. Her buds actually kinda looked like blueberrys. I miss her, but don't miss how she is a pain in the ass to grow. If any part of the grow was even a little off, yield, potency, and aroma went downhill. If you aren't completely dialed in on environment and fert schedule, she might flop out.

Hope she does well for you. :) Keep us posted for sure.

aunz420

I got 3 freebie DP Blueberry beans, and none germinated! I guess they were OLD.

Well, maybe a good thing they did not germinate based on some of the comments above regarding difficulty of growing! I will watch this thread with interest Lucid Life

Goyakla

Ive grown her outside some years ago.. No problems..went totally Purple in medio september/oct...really a great smoke and plant.. Very Kush like..my pheno.

Man, I'm really nervous now haha!
Well I'll give it my best shot. I have heard it can hermie, that's why I only popped one. I have a friend the other 3 and he said they literally sprouted overnight.

So far no issues with anything. Responded well to topping and looking really healthy. I did go a little lighter with nutes at first and now am at the normal dosage

yocs

outta all the dp bb I've grown the best I've found was outta the fems. I've seen alot of mutans in the regs and most smell like flinstone vitamins. It isn't the most potent smoke but it is some of the most calming euphoric I've had. For anyone who suffers anxiety or gets paranoid from smoking, bb is definitely the way to go.

Last edited:

zapallo

Hey! looks like you are doing great so far ! the plant looks perfect :D I have also read a lot about it's tendence to hermie and not to be that good has it was before. As you said, the only thing you can do is try your best, and pray for it not to go hermie haha :)
best regards

Yocs, you must know whats up, cause i say the say thing, you know I love me some blueberry. DP fems are the way to go if your looking for a good one. Still lots of variety, but almost all wide leaflet, never got a herm, and have had some real winners. Nothing fresh blueberry ever though so if your getting that off the stem that sounds promising. Also I can say that if you find the right one, they are quite tolerant of grower stupidities. Never got any OG style density, mostly the buds grow afgani semi tightly packed, and irregular buds on longer internodes. Most will definately do well with some serious defoliating at the begain8ng of flower, those big ole fans block out a ton of light, especially if your topping a lot. Top the heck out of it for best results. Cant wait to see how they finish up, looking good dude,!:tiphat:

Last edited:

yocs

I've worked the dp bb line through a few generations and I've never had the true blue berry muffin pheno but still love what I have found.

Latest posts

Latest posts