What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best dry sifting screen sizes (3)

Gizmo

very interesting, smoking dry sift is a real treat, i did not smoked some often. What is the yield when making dry sifted hashish guys ? i know it depends of the strains quality used, glands size, quality of the buds grown but could you tell an idea of the % of resin sifted per quantity of quality buds please ? (not 1% Sam the skunkman secret technique) for water hash i read 10%, do you think 10% is possible with a sativa dominant strain dry sifted ? (i mean not a hashish bred strain like afghan strain for example.

matt11

Heres a chart I found that I thought was helpful with screen sizes.

Attachments

• IPHONE3GSAUGUST2009125.jpg
    IPHONE3GSAUGUST2009125.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 102

matt11

very interesting, smoking dry sift is a real treat, i did not smoked some often. What is the yield when making dry sifted hashish guys ? i know it depends of the strains quality used, glands size, quality of the buds grown but could you tell an idea of the % of resin sifted per quantity of quality buds please ? (not 1% Sam the skunkman secret technique) for water hash i read 10%, do you think 10% is possible with a sativa dominant strain dry sifted ? (i mean not a hashish bred strain like afghan strain for example.

this is something I also would like to know.

mack 10

Veteran
I can get the same as if making bubble Hash.

If the resins there I can catch it.
With dry sift its best to sift a little at a time,
So it's hard to put yields into perspective.

Much better than 1% though.
I'm working in whole plant hash making.

Kush strains drop almost there full load 1st shake.
Sativa and some hybrids hold onto their resin more.

This shows that even small amounts of very poor trim can yield nice hash.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use a 61 and 86 ... using the DSW style thats all i really need and im smoking full melt clear dome in minutes .... if i want to clean up another step i use the 125 lpi screen. What i find myself doing most these days ... is just drop a little through the 61 screen and then squish it through a 25 micron filter bag for some great very clean rosin. I think i enjoy smoking the rosin more then the fmcd

99%

The best size meshes to use really depends on the technique, the starting material and what your aim is.

A good mesh for single screen sifting would be 110 ~ 125 lines per inch Mesh, 150 ~ 125 micron. There are lots of different methods used for dry sifting and each one uses different size meshes, spend some time reading the many dry sifting threads and posts in the Hashish forum and you will be more knowledgeable for it!

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So what do you guys prefer, stainless mesh or nylon screen?

GW recommends stainless for the 150 micron. Can't say personally, I'm still fucking around with a 150u "SpeedBall" screen printer. Poor company name choice..

Made 70-80 percent par melt last night doing the drop method.

I highly recommend reading GW's write up on SkunkPharm, he details what type of screen material to buy, DIY frames, conversions, etc.

Mack, I take it you prefer static to cleaning over 25u or the like?

mack 10

Veteran
Static cleaning is ok but takes time.
Ive been brainstorming a better static meathod,
but still in development...

An yeah i use a 70 micron to clean on.

What i want is good scope with a measuring device.
So i can scope my trics and measure them to see what screens to use.
and to check your material and work.

Someone write the computer program for instant, click on tric mesurements:)
That with a scope plugged into a computer would be sweet.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe the digital microscope GW recommends comes with software that does just that. It was my understanding it helps to pick screens/estimate yield by micron.

Are you a mum type? I love spitballing. See how D420k picked up heads on one side and contam on the other? I noticed Bubbleman overlooked it, he was cleaning the whole case into one pile.

Does this not possibly indicate a differentation between positive and negative static charges? There are definitely better ways to produce a static charge than parch. I should be getting a load of farmer sift to refine and will experiment.

GW recommends stainless for the 150 micron. Can't say personally, I'm still fucking around with a 150u "SpeedBall" screen printer. Poor company name choice..

Made 70-80 percent par melt last night doing the drop method.

I highly recommend reading GW's write up on SkunkPharm, he details what type of screen material to buy, DIY frames, conversions, etc.

Mack, I take it you prefer static to cleaning over 25u or the like?

Id bet there ten times as many folks out there right now kiefing out there small batch trim through those speedball printing screens than there are people using purpose built screens, theyre great for kiefing before rosin.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice. It does make decent sift, especially with the drop/no carding technique. Would be neat to get other micron in that frame size. I didn't call but the website gave the impression (to me) that there was only the 150u/110 or 100 mesh.

Found someone in Van for purpose built though heh. Just tapped right now after building a HMK rosin press, among other shiney baubles eating my bank account to the quick.

Fuck Home Depot and their cheapass garbage. Random daily angry moment.

sals3

I like the 2 screens one bounce best of all so far still learning I also use the 3rd screen don't know the size but the heads set on top and the small plant stuff can be carded through and then I bounce again. I like dry shift best always trying to improve thanks
Lov

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
I use the honey bee tray for first trim.Then I use some of My 20 gal Bubble Bags tightened over a bucket then when done use parchment paper and Madden PS4Game with the 25 bag,then afterwards I use a little static for a bit cleaner.Ive just started doing/learned this.Wish some weren't so corny and shared,but you can't if you've givin you're word to Sam,it's just how it is..Were supposed to be here for each other imo.I get it's about Money,but so is everything and many have shared their technology even as they were going legit/brick n mortar to make money.But blah blah blah,I would just like to be able to try My sift that clean,being that I don't live where I can get it or have enough kif to make it worth while and never will, because I'll never be able to get those sweet ass frames Bubbleman uses being as poor as I am.even though My two sets of 20gal Original BBags i bought from Him/through Him..Cost Me pretty much $2000 altogether,I use them to card..I bought 2,20 gal 8-Bag and two 5gal sets😵😓,lol.Someone call the Whaaaambulance😉.I'm happy enough with mine,so I'll survive.Keep it moving forward everyone.Peace and Stay Safe,DancesWithWeed🍀🍻And to the holders,who know who they are, hopefully they share with us,the people,who need it for fighting pain,when MMJ does the take

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts