What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ALL ABOUT BONSAI MOMS/MUMS

onelov

Merman said:
onelov - Those clones must friggin' huge if you are taking them down with that sawzall! :laughing:

hahah..... no not using the sawzall for cloning but i do take big cut's heres a few that where just planted 2 days ago.

BonsaiBud

Satori Bonsai Mum

Satori Bonsai Mum

Ready for cloning.

I already took 3 clones from her. They are doing fine.
Long history. Recovered from symphilids.
There could be some nute deficiency...that is not my area of expertise.

Wicked

Im going to trim the roots on my 3 moms. Can I use the pro-mix i get from my nursery or does it have to be an organic compost? Im trimmin the roots becasue Ive had some problems with them goin into early bud. So it has been recommended that i trim em, and hit them with more light, they were under flouros, ive just put them under a 400 mh.

Wicked

Can you recomend a good quality foliar spray? I ve never used a foliar spray before, can you see much difference in the plants?

hardhat22

Wicked said:
Im trimmin the roots becasue Ive had some problems with them goin into early bud. So it has been recommended that i trim em, and hit them with more light, they were under flouros, ive just put them under a 400 mh.
One of my rooted cuttings has just started pre-flower even though it gets 24 hours of light.It hasn't been moved around or anything.Any ideas why it would happen?I really need to take a couple of cuts before it goes into full flower and I'm at a loss as to how to stop it.Guess I could top it so branching can begin.
Peace

dekabum

Veteran
very good thread!!

this is my bonsai mum from cut of Somaui foxtail pheno... total ispired of this 3d

emory

Wow, this thing has once again taken off with great info since I last checked in. Just popping in to see how the thread is doing for the moment, I hope to get to some individual responses asap.

Take care and stay safe my friends :joint:

guerilla

Hempster

Sammet said:
Tagging this thread too, making a GreenSpirit and Oasis mum. Lots of useful info in here.
Sammet, are you still on this thread? I wanted to ask you about the Oasis, but I'm new here and can't PM yet. How do you like it? My indoor is in an ebb & gro with hydroton and co2, and also outdoor, rather northerly, mid forties latitude. I'm wondering how it would do for that. A friend gave me two babies of Oasis (didn't even know he was a grower, but now I realize he's probably been doing it for decades!) and I haven't tried it out yet. I need to launch into this bonsai thing. Which is great, because I was fascinated by bonsai back in the early seventies, probably saw it in the Whole Earth Catalog, and now I finally get to do it, but not with maples.

Thanks,
Hempster

N

North

Props to the thread starter and all who contributed, this is gonna help me BIG TIME!

bless me love see that the bonsai style
because me have a small amount of space to keep me mother plant so thing is verry likkle an me use real bonsai containers let upload some picture to show yu my familly
keep it strong an tasty

OK IC Forum this is a small part of the familly of mr chine
a jack herrer from black label seed
a brainstorm from dutch passion
an my favorite the super haze from dutch passion
have a good look an sorry fe the quality of the picture just only 5milllion pix camera