What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sharing tech? Keep Secrets?

Sunfire

Veteran
Oh it will lose mad terps! No way around it unless you wait until it's dry enough, about a week after harvest and do the tumble/shaking sub zero. You still have lost mad terps by that point. I like fresh frozen water hash for that reason. B buds are in the freezer no more that an hour after cutting them off the plant.

The trichs will probably then need to be sifted extremely cold and gently to not gum up your screens. I had an idea for an automated set of screens that fit in a freezer for this reason.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One would assume it is best to carry out the final drying on the sieve screens to prevent loss of vital THC and terpenes during movement and processing of the flowers of plant material.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Static Tech. Afther Triple Screen, Dry Seeded Material.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Jewcepuddle

If you prefer water hash to dry sift made from the same buds then the dry sift must be poor quality.

Or perhaps I just prefer something different then you do? Honestly we all have different bodys and maybe our throats differ.

I am waiting for you to share any new Tech, so far you have just reposted others methods?

I wish I had some new tech to share with people and make their lives better(Like you claim to have) but I do not :(

Who knows maybe one day I will be in that position and I will help others get a cleaner product. I have not shared any new tech in this thread I admit this myself, I never claimed to have some special secret technique.

You gave up after 3.5 years of looking, gee wizz, if I gave up after 3.5 years I would never have made 99.9% resin head dry sift

How kind of you. You do not know my medical situation and how hard life is for me compared to you, the years I have spent researching have been very long to me, I do not need your aproval. I have done much more then "3.5 years" and hope I get to do many more years learning about trichomes.

PS No one told me anything, that did not stop me, I just kept on trying for years and years and years.....

Again, I am not you and you are not me, I may not be as smart or as capable as you but I have tried my best and gained alot of knowledge that I value. I made this thread just to share my opinion, why come just to tear me down? Just because my opinion is that people should share the love and the techniques? :tiphat:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
frozen dry sift rules...tried everything and back where I started....and no boom or solvents needed...yeehaw...and I could give a shit what sams secret technique is...I am ok with the quality I get already...I don't need a fancy ultrasonic shaker or anything..

snake11

I posted this in another thread but will repost it here.

What about a flow additive before sieving to prevent agglomeration and then sieved out on a different sized screen after?? This would help prevent binding and agglomeration. Also would help preventing static.

My thought was that even if the sieve screen is perfectly sized for trichome heads as soon as we start shaking it static occurs as well as agglomeration which would cause the group of trichomes to be too large to fit through the sieve opening. If we went larger in screen sizes it allows the groups to fall through but also some stalks. If we added a flow additive it would keep them from grouping and also would keep the static down. I would think a smaller mesh screen could be used with a flow additive. As long as a known uniformed size additive was added it would be easy to separate the additive from the trichome heads. I do not do dry sieve so I have no way of currently experimenting but I think it would work. Easy and quick too!

Also fine sand could be used as the flow additive so this would be easy to do in a hotel room in Africa.

Jewcepuddle

Maybe you need to discover secrets and share them before you throw stones at others?

This thread is hardly throwing stones, and it is not about you actually.

I don't like being criticized for keeping my dry sift invention secret, it does seem that is my decision to make. And I am working on a machine that does it.

I did not criticize you for keeping your "drysift invention" secret.

frozen dry sift rules...tried everything and back where I started....and no boom or solvents needed...yeehaw...and I could give a shit what sams secret technique is...I am ok with the quality I get already...I don't need a fancy ultrasonic shaker or anything..

I feel you.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
probably the best solution for the ultimate dry sift is to take a week off smoking so that you don't need 99.9% pure heads to catch a buzz!

sam reminds me of an old man who told me to slow down because he was aimlessly wandering the parking lot. I flipped him off and he exploded, dropping f bombs etc. Right next to grandma

so easy to take peoples power if they give it so easily!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Really? The solution for the ultimate dry sift is to take a week off smoking? Do you really think that makes the dry sift any higher quality? No it does not, it just lowers tolerance if that is a problem, it is not for me.

you remind me of the young kid that flipped me off when he thought I was just aimlessly wandering a parking lot, and I asked him nicely to slow down, he did not ask me what I was doing, I had dropped a small piece of the best hash I ever had, and I was looking for it, I did find it. If you didn't flip me off I would have smoked it with you......

Youth, they think they know what is going on but often have no time to smell the roses...

I have no interest in taking peoples power, must be a youth thing to try and do? I favor empowering people.
-SamS

probably the best solution for the ultimate dry sift is to take a week off smoking so that you don't need 99.9% pure heads to catch a buzz!

sam reminds me of an old man who told me to slow down because he was aimlessly wandering the parking lot. I flipped him off and he exploded, dropping f bombs etc. Right next to grandma

so easy to take peoples power if they give it so easily!

HUGE

Veteran
Hey sam. thanks for the kind scores on my hash.. I wish I would of had enough dry sift to send.

HUGE

Veteran
And I do have a new super secret dry sift method. Problem is I haven't tried it yet. I will soon and the tech is proven. The question is will it translate to resin. we shall soon see

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Actually the guy who gave me the 'taking your power' bit is a some 70-year old dude I met out and about. Real nutter that one.

I'm not smelling roses in a Costco parking lot at lunchtime rush. And the guy did not ask nicely, he was an old prick. They exist in mass numbers!

heheheheh

Really? The solution for the ultimate dry sift is to take a week off smoking? Do you really think that makes the dry sift any higher quality? No it does not, it just lowers tolerance if that is a problem, it is not for me.

you remind me of the young kid that flipped me off when he thought I was just aimlessly wandering a parking lot, and I asked him nicely to slow down, he did not ask me what I was doing, I had dropped a small piece of the best hash I ever had, and I was looking for it, I did find it. If you didn't flip me off I would have smoked it with you......

Youth, they think they know what is going on but often have no time to smell the roses...

I have no interest in taking peoples power, must be a youth thing to try and do? I favor empowering people.
-SamS

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
jewse I feel you I was very frustrated seeing pics of the pure dry sift for years before I stumbled onto the static tech.

after making hash for some years I've got three methods that produce superior product that I actually enjoy smoking (big flower head here, not a natural hash fiend like some folks).

first is the static tech dry sift. that shit is the best tasting, smelling, and smoking product I've come across. also very stable. using cured flowers and trim.

next I love fresh frozen water hash. I do a version of the gumby/gravity method that my friend taught me. great for strains for strains with lovely live resin aromas that dissipate after a few days of drying. the hash is best if consumed within a week I've found. after that the fragrance starts to mellow.

lastly I've been experimenting with qwet and really enjoying the product. I'll be using this technique for cbd extractions once I get my hands on some material. good for edibles, tinctures, salves, and dabbing!

keep smoking that beautiful bubble OP!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
how pure and clean do you really need your stuff....????? if frozen dry sift don't do it for ya consider a harder drug..go hit the crack pipe.... ..fuck all the bullshit , EGOS,overpriced fancy gear and all the rest......yeeehaw.. stick your secret technique right up there..ha ha I said it bite me

Sunfire

Veteran

-SamS

I'm not trying to get in the middle of this, but that was fucken funny. I'm totally picturing and old wrinkly dude with blue blockers looking for the best hash he ever made in the parking lot. Maybe he's got an inverter and an enail in glove box lmao! Not to be an asshole, but sam you could have explained to the young man what you were doing before you asked him to slow down, then you both could have looked together! Or just whack him with your cane hehehhe! That'd be funny too!