What's new

to much light? tops yellowing directly under lights

guest4200

Up graded from 400's to 1000's now im getting yellowing/pale green top fan leaves.
i keep the hoods 3 feet from the tops of the plants. my room is cooled with a/c so no in or out take fans. tops says around 80F with 1000 ppm co2 lights on.

The plants on the edge are doing fine all are being fed with drip lines in 1 gallon pots of coco.

why are only just the ones directly under the light effected?

Is there a way to fix this or is this just common with 1000's?

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Upping your feed will help but I think it would be best to turn down the dial until their ready

Bob-Zilla

Radiant heat is your culprit, most all strains are sensitive and some outright do not tolerate it if the transition is not gradual.

Bob-Zilla

Yes, heat energy in the form of reflected light blasting downward from reflector. In most cases 3' from reflector is too close the first few days coming from a 400.

smokeee

1. The jump from 400w to 1000w stresses the plant and needs to gradually get used to the additional light. (The shock could cause plants to go hermi).
2. Also, infared light generates heat at the leaf surface and not the air, causing heat stress in the leaf.

You needs some more air movement on those plants, and a cool tube or vented hood would be very beneficial.
Maybe increase the humidity too.

Could also be a nut deficiency. Lack of sulfur, copper, manganese, or other trace minerals can create that light green effect as well. Epson salt can help.

guest4200

3 feet is as high as i can get the lights. will those light spreaders work to help more evenly spread the light?

smokeee

Maybe try moving the affected plants to the edge.
Room temp @ 80° is too hot for my girls, but I'm not on Co2.

I'm Running 1000w, sealed-vented hood, about 26"-30" from tops, with an occilating fan blowing over the tops.
Never used a spreader, but I've heard several people complain about them having hot spots. How's your light set up now?

guest4200

im now using the 6" vented block buster hoods but my room is sealed A/C so there not being vented i have 18" wall mounted oscillating fans blowing over the canopy. Hoods are 36" from the top of the plants. i was thinking put a light spreader on and try moving the hoods down to 28" to give the ones on the edge more light??....

Hey bro. I have had a much similar issue to your. If you cant vent the hot air out of the hood with out pulling air from outside the room there is no point. Is your A/C a house A/C,Wall unit, or Stand up? IF the last 2 do you vent the hot air from the A/C out of the room? Having 1000w hps lights takes a dialed in room. I myself just went from 1 1000w hps to 2 600w hps. That dropped my temps from 93 to 81 max. Mind you the fan i got to push air thru the hoods is sub par and i am not running A/c atm. I do plan to going to 2 1000w hps and including my home A/C into the room plus purchasing a better fan. If the only thing that has changed is your lights i would guess heat stress. Pics would do a world of good tho bro.

or maybe your just feeding too light and the part of the plant right under the light is burning up the nutes quickly. Up the base nutes

eebbnflow

I have always found that the girl in the middle directly under the light will do this . they will eat/require more food then the plants on the outside IMO. with small girls it is easy to rotate the plants everyday which ive done . but with 6 under net this can be hard . I use to hand water my girls in middle with extra nutes after I could not rotate

guest4200

I use 2 24000 btu wall mounted mini splits one on each end of the flower room. Its a whole new room i built.

im feeding around 750 ppm .05 meter reading everyday i don't thank bumping the nutes will do much good and will just be a waste.

Attachments

• WP_20141128_10_19_12_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20141128_10_19_12_Pro[1].jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 10

THEODDONE

I use 2 24000 btu wall mounted mini splits one on each end of the flower room. Its a whole new room i built.

im feeding around 750 ppm .05 meter reading everyday i don't thank bumping the nutes will do much good and will just be a waste.

That is a fantastic looking room. your canopy looks even enough.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
A room like that and you are asking this question lol your a little late in the game for theses type of trivial thing ...looks good

smokeee

Looking good. Has the yellowing /pale leaf issues stopped?
They should be used to the additional light by now.