What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

full melt dry sift tutorial/discussion

never been one to hold out.. so here you go guys.

the other day i was scraping up some dry sifting from that days trimming and i stumbled on a new tech.. so last night after trimming again i decided to film it.

keep in mind this is only my 2nd time trying this so i by no means have my routine down or any of that.... im sure you guys are going to have a ton of great ideas to further improve on this technique .. so please do post them in this thread so we can all learn from this and enjoy our own full melt dry sift.

first 4 pics are closeups of my 1st go at this.. last 2 are from last night.. the orange and small clear container are top grade the larger clear container is midgrade ..its still almost pure heads and other pile is the shit that didnt make the cut.. the first time i tried this i put all the product in 1 pile so those first 4 pics are not as high of quality as the sift i made in this video

hope you enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7IN27mczNU

Attachments

• DSCN0644.jpg
    DSCN0644.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN0652.jpg
    DSCN0652.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN0667.jpg
    DSCN0667.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN0702.jpg
    DSCN0702.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN0766.jpg
    DSCN0766.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN0740.jpg
    DSCN0740.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 37
Another 45 minute sifting video using a colored screen?

Where have I seen this before? Haha. Nice idea but much like a certain other person on here, it takes *forever*.

Give my thread a lookie. You might enjoy it.

Cheers.

what other person.. all i could find of urs was a machine your trying to sell to do this simple trick that only takes a piece of parchment paper

what other person.. all i could find of urs was a machine your trying to sell to do this simple trick that only takes a piece of parchment paper

I don't sell a machine?

And if a 'trick' takes 45 minutes to pull off.. it's not really much of a trick is it?

I mean, isn't this just b.man's method of carding over really fine mesh? Same sizes it looks like?

not bmans method this uses static

Yeah.. great results just takes forever arg.

Didn't entirely grasp what you are doing either.. i'm not watching the entire thing. Just tell us haha.

I live in the stix and we have internet data caps.. streaming or DL'ing a long ass vid like that aint happenin' right now.

Looks like a reasonable way to take B-Grade from your process and make it A-Grade. DSW method takes some time too if you include setup and cleaning time. Nice to have another tool to add to the kit.

My B grade is mostly crap, and for good reason, because the method is efficient at separating.

It's 'green' for a reason.. you can refine it all you want, but you are really only going to get about 1/10 of what you originally had in that pile.

Almost all the resin heads were already caught and that is why it's such a rockin' method.

I agree it's a nifty trick, just not for me.

I might have to try it out though.

Thanks OP. :tiphat:

ya like i said this is only my 2nd time trying this so i dont have the routine down or anything .. but i think the same general idea could be done alot faster with a few small improvements ..

RB56

Veteran
My B grade is mostly crap, and for good reason, because the method is efficient at separating.

It's 'green' for a reason.. you can refine it all you want, but you are really only going to get about 1/10 of what you originally had in that pile.

Almost all the resin heads were already caught and that is why it's such a rockin' method.

I agree it's a nifty trick, just not for me.

I might have to try it out though.

Thanks OP. :tiphat:
To my mind a "rockin'" method would leave a pile of pure heads and a waste pile of worthless plant matter. Using your method I get a small pile of the great stuff, a 4 times larger pile of the not so good stuff and plant matter that still makes potent butter. The pile of not so good stuff is way more than 10% heads. Could be my poor technique or the strains I grow but moving 3/4 of the material from the B pile to the A has considerable appeal.

basically im charging the object im using to card with static electricity which causes just the heads to stick to it.. its hard to put into words i suggest you let the video buffer and watch the end.. it shows the difference in the piles and makes it very clear what is happening

To my mind a "rockin'" method would leave a pile of pure heads and a waste pile of worthless plant matter.. this method will do that and i think you collect the heads that usually fall through the yellow screen to... the pile that is left over is almost pure contaminent

To my mind a "rockin'" method would leave a pile of pure heads and a waste pile of worthless plant matter. Using your method I get a small pile of the great stuff, a 4 times larger pile of the not so good stuff and plant matter that still makes potent butter. The pile of not so good stuff is way more than 10% heads. Could be my poor technique or the strains I grow but moving 3/4 of the material from the B pile to the A has considerable appeal.

What size screens are you using with my method? That could have a large impact on how it's coming out.

I know people here and there have said it doesn't matter which sizes you use, but obviously it does or bubblebags, screens, and other things wouldn't have specific LPI and such marked on them.. it *does* matter.

I'm not that fond of 'cleaning' dirty resin. Just too time consuming for the payoff, but obv. this is a neat idea.

This is what my "B" typically ends up as...

Bnorefine_zps2b155302.jpg

There are some heads.. but i'm not gonna spend 45 mins trying to recover a tiny, tiny amount that's left in there.

Some people will.. and this trick will be awesome for 'em.

i think a couple swipes over that with a parchment paper thing will grab those out .. you should do that then show some pics afterwards since you have a nice camera .. im very curious to see if that would work.. i think it would only take a minute to do and it would be very revealing

i think a couple swipes over that with a parchment paper thing will grab those out .. you should do that then show some pics afterwards since you have a nice camera .. im very curious to see if that would work.. i think it would only take a minute to do and it would be very revealing

I can certainly try it. DVD case with parchment over it and swipe it around basically?

I have my refining screens here and they are basically the same as the 200lpi you're on.

Stuff sticks to the parchment that's -bad- or good? I can't watch the vid all the way.. data caps on internet only get so much per day..

ya just cover something with parchment and swipe it around on top of the pile .. spread the pile out thin on the screen and just collect the stuff that collects on the parchment in a separate pile

ive only used that game card but maybe try wrapping a toilet paper roll with parchment and using that i bet it would work good

Latest posts

Latest posts