What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First attempt at Bubble Hash, Lots of silt in end product.

Gubar1

So my first attempt at bubble hash went pretty well. I processed some decent outdoor buds that were dry. I let them soak in the ice water for about 20 minutes before agitating gently for about 10. I ended up with some 1/2 melt that smells that some really dank bud. The end product had visible silt and bits of sand throughout it that are left in the bowl unburned when smoked. The outdoor was grown in a windy, sandy area. I assume this what caused the hash to have so much in it. Is there a way to avoid this? Did I maybe over agitate the bucket? Is really clean indoor needed to make full melt?

Gubar1

I found if you take the wet hash from the bubble bags and put it in a small cup of cold water (last step of purification in the gravity method), then instead of letting the trichomes float to the bottom, gently swirl the water in circular motion. The heavier silt and sand will collect together at the bottom center of the cup. You can then use an oral syringe to suck the floating trichome heads up with the water and filter it one last time in your bubble bag. I will post pics next batch. I am able to turn DRY dirty trim into hash that is nice and shmelty. Not quite full melt yet though, any tips would be appreciated.

SirSkunk

You could filter your water through your work bag a few more times, and see if it helps. I always filter through three(3) 220u bags, 190u, and 160u first. That really helps catch any escaped debris for me

Gubar1

You could filter your water through your work bag a few more times, and see if it helps. I always filter through three(3) 220u bags, 190u, and 160u first. That really helps catch any escaped debris for me

will try, thanks

noytered

Shorter agitation / wash.

The longer you wash and agitate material the more crap you extract off the bud.

Try a 10 min wash GL

kingstonherb

Be gentle .......drop your run time to 6 minutes you can always run it again get that gold.....make sure you have amazing material
hope that helps

I want you to post something you've made instead of constantly doing what Chamba did and explaining how to do things without any hint of evidence to back it up.

Nobody should be listening to you if they can help it. You have posted zippo to back up all the ish you've said to be fact.

dscooterman

any advise would be helpful

any advise would be helpful

I just made first batch w/washing machine i washed one batch left it in washer pulled bag dumped and refilled it 3 times and ran it through 8 bubble bags /each time i ran 3 or 4 ozs and ended of wilk all dark almost black hash thats pretty good actually there was a fair amount of foam am i losing alot by doing this