What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MEDMAKER420 a.K.a the Aardvark 2012 MMJ Grow Show

vukman

Veteran
Thank you

Thank you

Much love and respect back at you my friend....
You're doing a great service for the mmj community and I just hope you reap the benefits from it in the end..
You deserve it....

:thank you: :bow: :respect:

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Vukman sending positive growers karma your way brother

Vukman sending positive growers karma your way brother

For those of you who are following along you will notice that concept led light #4 had an issue which is talked about in this update video below.

[YOUTUBEIF]9wIcySKULIk[/YOUTUBEIF]

Here is a pic of the insides of light #4
attachment.php

Here is a pic of the damaged driver which they are sending a replacement for
attachment.php

Here is another pic from the other side, anyone know what that white junk is? Its hard and not rubbery and stuck like glue
attachment.php

Here is a pic of the heatsink while I am uploading pics
attachment.php

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 18

vukman

Veteran
I could get all technical on ya but I think you know already what it is.. Driver is shot..it's the ballast for LED's,,,the crap coming out is heat grease/moisture proofing/anti-shorting shit...etc.etc.
Friggin' sucks it went already...hope it's only a quality issue and not a full blown component problem!! That would really suck for the manufacturer..

DOING GREAT WORK BROTHER......KEEP IT UP...

vukman

analogue

that white junk could be thermal adhesive.

it's interesting and useful to see pictures of the interior, especially the layout, drivers, wiring, heatsink, secondary cooling and so on.

CBD/THC ratios are what I'm mostly interested in right now.

medmaker420

Veteran
I could get all technical on ya but I think you know already what it is.. Driver is shot..it's the ballast for LED's,,,the crap coming out is heat grease/moisture proofing/anti-shorting shit...etc.etc.
Friggin' sucks it went already...hope it's only a quality issue and not a full blown component problem!! That would really suck for the manufacturer..

DOING GREAT WORK BROTHER......KEEP IT UP...

vukman

I think something dropped into that ONE driver and whoever put this panel together didn't spot it or did spot it and didn't care. I do agree that little things like this can make or break deals with the various US resellers etc and these light manufacturers better make sure and keep an eye on stuff like this because there are a TON of led grow light manufactures these companies can buy from which we all know.

I too hope it was just a quality issue BUT light #3 which is the same type of light is grooving along without a hickup. I have some new seedlings under the four different lights as well as about to get some Field Marshall Seeds strains going so I hope the led driver gets here in time for all of this as I don't want to keep running with 2 led strips out on that #4.

I think #3 and #4 look great but in my opinion the fans direction should be blowing the OTHER way. Many of these led manufacturers suck hot air from the top of the tent then blow it down towards the light AND your plants.

I would think the fans would suck hot air up and then out so have the fans blowing UP not down. I doubt I am the only one who agrees with this or what I consider a very common led grow light flaw in the design itself.

medmaker420

Veteran
that white junk could be thermal adhesive.

it's interesting and useful to see pictures of the interior, especially the layout, drivers, wiring, heatsink, secondary cooling and so on.

I am actually going to be making a video of ALL of the different led grow light panels insides so we all can check it out together. I will have pics of the 4 current veg led panels as well as 6 different flowering panels.

I agree that design and layout is a great thing to research especially like this.

Phychotron

I've been curious to see how an all blue light does in veg for awhile, it'll be good to see where this ends up.

Aotf

I want to test the UV influences on cbd

Good luck with that, I would be extremely interested in the findings. I had a partner 15 years ago that was big on UV. I have heard suggested that UV-B [the bad shit] is what the plant craves, but I doubt that spectrum is advertised much, as it would be an admission of cancer causing guilt, lol.

Question #1 As per your earlier post on temperature, I am interested in what the 6 light [the Orion 210?] is putting out, heat, ambient wise and what is it's total draw? Have you ever hit any of them with the kill-a-watt?

Question#2 Does blu, make the lights? or are they subbed. Just curious because of similar offerings I researched on Ebay, a similar light had a 110-120 degree angle, oy vay. That seems to broad an angle to get any kind of penetration. But again, that was a potential knockoff, nothing more.

Thanks and keep up the info, I wanna see light movers and led's, lol.

medmaker420

Veteran
Phychotron

I too can't wait to see what the all blue does throughout veg. We all will see how they respond as the weeks progress. These are all from seed so the first couple weeks always lag compared to clone runs.

Aotf

And the other thing is the uv's within that "bad for us" range are expensive so I will see if that pans out but whatever testing they want me to try on these panels I am more than happy to do it BUT sure as hell won't be in the room when they are on.

I am still awaiting the kill a watt meters to get here then all 4 lights will be tested while on as will the 6 flowering lights that are coming.

Growblu does not make the lights, they are testing out 4-8 ( still unsure of how many manufacturers ) different companies to see which one(s) to order their lights through and will then stock them here in the states. They can choose which leds to use, which degrees of the angles etc and modify as needed. I agree that 120 degrees do not make much sense especially for flowering BUT I could see 120's making plenty of sense in smaller veg lights as well as micro cab setups.

For example the flowering leds will be 60's and 90's I believe but don't quote me as I do not have them in front of me to verify as of yet.

The top led grow light companies are getting their lights from the same few manufacturers and the only differences that I see is PRICE and SPECTRUM as well as if they dropship or actually stock them "in house".

I think you can call all led grow light companies especially the so called "top" as knock offs because they all get them from the same companies. You can even call them to verify AND many will even tell you which spectrums they use as long as you order through them. I saw a hydrogrow spectrum, advancedleds and a blackdog or blackdiamond spectrum option from their supplies for example.

I think those that use US leds get away with just stating that SOME of their leds are made in the USA but give off the impression that the entire grow light is made in the states. Best thing to do is give them all a call and ask.

I am just happy to test out the many different manufacturers as well as the spectrums and see how they pan out in the end.

On the light mover, yes I agree I want to get these leds on movers and compare the results.

ABOUT FIELD MARSHALL SEEDS
I did a few test grows for radvancan and field marshall seeds before and since we are in veg at the moment AND will be growing out the Lady Berry Kush again I thought I would toss in some of the last test run with lbk from FMS.

Here is one LBK pheno at 40 Days
attachment.php

and here was a group shot
attachment.php

and here is one finishing up
attachment.php

It will be cool to see how they grow when using led lights the whole time as last time I was running a 600 hps.

Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
Here was my favorite one which I easily named the quick pheno
attachment.php

Radvancan has some great genetics in the works!

Aotf

Aotf

And the other thing is the uv's within that "bad for us" range are expensive so I will see if that pans out but whatever testing they want me to try on these panels I am more than happy to do it BUT sure as hell won't be in the room when they are on.

:laughing:

I am still awaiting the kill a watt meters to get here then all 4 lights will be tested while on as will the 6 flowering lights that are coming.

Growblu does not make the lights, they are testing out 4-8 ( still unsure of how many manufacturers ) different companies to see which one(s) to order their lights through and will then stock them here in the states. They can choose which leds to use, which degrees of the angles etc and modify as needed. I agree that 120 degrees do not make much sense especially for flowering BUT I could see 120's making plenty of sense in smaller veg lights as well as micro cab setups.

For example the flowering leds will be 60's and 90's I believe but don't quote me as I do not have them in front of me to verify as of yet.

The top led grow light companies are getting their lights from the same few manufacturers and the only differences that I see is PRICE and SPECTRUM as well as if they dropship or actually stock them "in house".

I think you can call all led grow light companies especially the so called "top" as knock offs because they all get them from the same companies. You can even call them to verify AND many will even tell you which spectrums they use as long as you order through them. I saw a hydrogrow spectrum, advancedleds and a blackdog or blackdiamond spectrum option from their supplies for example.

I think those that use US leds get away with just stating that SOME of their leds are made in the USA but give off the impression that the entire grow light is made in the states. Best thing to do is give them all a call and ask.

I am just happy to test out the many different manufacturers as well as the spectrums and see how they pan out in the end.

On the light mover, yes I agree I want to get these leds on movers and compare the results.

I had assumed they were reselling, but wanted to ask first without accusing. The 120 angle for veg makes sense, then I thought that vertical placement may do well under 110-120, ever thought of placing the panel on the wall, lol, instead of the hanging em? Thanks for sharing your opinions, I am still researching every little details, thanks again.

If my aspirations for acquiring some new winter led's work out, I do have a slow mover I am tempted to use immediately!

VirginHarvester

Veteran
I want to test the UV influences on cbd as well as see the chlorophyll, par and wattage between the different led panels but not really in comparison with hps in the least.

Do LEDs produce more uv than hps, or are you planning to use some kind of UV bulbs in your grows?

There was one other bulb released a while back and I thought I had subscribed to a thread on it but can't find it now. Seems to have had a lot of blue spectrum, great for veg, but might not have produced the bud density like some HPS. Can't remember the name or technology but was said to have a good bit more UV than standard HPS.

At any rate, I seem to remember a thread where the OP placed UV bulbs at points in his tent and the anecdotal evidence was more dense trich development in the areas directly effected by the UV bulbs. I would consider any bulb or plausible set up which produces additional UV(to a point) to be beneficial.... wonder what the sun radiates in UV compared to the grow lamps which produce the most UV?

radvancan

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Phychotron

I too can't wait to see what the all blue does throughout veg. We all will see how they respond as the weeks progress. These are all from seed so the first couple weeks always lag compared to clone runs.

Aotf

ABOUT FIELD MARSHALL SEEDS
I did a few test grows for radvancan and field marshall seeds before and since we are in veg at the moment AND will be growing out the Lady Berry Kush again I thought I would toss in some of the last test run with ldk from FMS.

Here is one LBK pheno at 40 Days
View Image

and here was a group shot
View Image

and here is one finishing up
View Image

It will be cool to see how they grow when using led lights the whole time as last time I was running a 600 hps.

Hi mate :wave:
Thread added to bookmarks :yes:
I'm very curious how the stand LadyBerryKush from varieties CaliConnection and Connoisseur seed.
It looks far too nice, great videos and pictures.
Also nice memories of previous LBK.
You're the first one to leave growth and bloom under LED.

Let thrive
Take care

medmaker420

Veteran
Do LEDs produce more uv than hps, or are you planning to use some kind of UV bulbs in your grows?

There was one other bulb released a while back and I thought I had subscribed to a thread on it but can't find it now. Seems to have had a lot of blue spectrum, great for veg, but might not have produced the bud density like some HPS. Can't remember the name or technology but was said to have a good bit more UV than standard HPS.

At any rate, I seem to remember a thread where the OP placed UV bulbs at points in his tent and the anecdotal evidence was more dense trich development in the areas directly effected by the UV bulbs. I would consider any bulb or plausible set up which produces additional UV(to a point) to be beneficial.... wonder what the sun radiates in UV compared to the grow lamps which produce the most UV?

I will be testing actual uv bulbs but still unclear of all the different tests I will be performing with them. I will be helping growblu out for 6+ months so many tests are going to take place including uv and its affects on trich production among other improvements articles and universities have speculated on. Until it is tested with OUR PLANT there is no way to tell how it benefits or hinders the marijuana plant itself even if other types of plants exhibit certain growth traits etc.

As far as the sun in comparison, most indoor growers do not have the sun to add to their grows so odds are finding the right uv spectrum is what is needed versus simply uv light ( or so I would assume ).

Radvancan
glad you are diggin the grow, I can't wait to see how the lady berry kush and the kushy haze do under leds from start to finish myself. I think they will do amazing.

Aotf

On the light angles, I can see researching 30 degree and 60 degree in flower making sense but I am testing 90s in veg for example and I can see how having 120s if anything on the outer portion of the panel making sense especially when you have the led panel down and close to the seedlings and small vegging plants.

These leds are VERY directional and do not spread like an mh or hps normally does. While they don't seem to make sense, when you are growing with the different led angles it starts to click more but I agree it seems having the 60/90 seems perfect but the broader spread angles do have a place.

On the reselling
I actually was HAPPY growblu was open with me on them trying to locate the best manufacturers to get their lights through versus pretending they have some super secret lab that builds their leds in the states like most "top led retailers" do.

We all want US made stuff but look around your house and tell me how much USA made stuff you have, I looked and it was china everywhere. Am I happy about it? no but that is life as we see it now.

What I want to help with however is locate which manufacturers produce the best grow light ( grower tested ) while testing the various spectrums that growblu has been researching and testing and help them iron out their veg, micro, flower and full spectrum led lights.

In the next 3-6 months I hope to help them by providing enough data from my different grow tests to end up with the best led grow light on the market AND at the best price possible PLUS actually be stocked here in the states versus being dropshipped.

ON the vertical led grow

I am planning one as we speak along with a horizontal light mover led grow. Those are after these first 6 flower led panel tests that I am doing. There is still PLENTY of testing to go through and I am just getting started.

:peacock:

SOURDIESEL1

hey buddy im taged for this wonderful grow.
how much does these led lights cost?
and im jealous that you got blackwater and i dont.
you got to keep me updated on how they turn out and taste mmmmmmmm.

medmaker420

Veteran
hey buddy im taged for this wonderful grow.
how much does these led lights cost?
and im jealous that you got blackwater and i dont.
you got to keep me updated on how they turn out and taste mmmmmmmm.

blackwater will do great

on the leds, I am actually testing different panels for growblu ( soon to launch led grow light company ) with veg and flower led panels.

PM me sometime and hope all is well with you

I am also testing the lady berry kush and kushy haze from field marshall seeds as well which I know will be AWESOME

Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
I did a great video but my editor crapped out on me

I did a great video but my editor crapped out on me

Well I just got done working on a video for the last hour but when I went to save the video the damn video editor (avs) crapped out on me SO here are some pictures.

I wanted to do a video BEFORE the up-potting but for now I will do pics and just do a video during/after I move these girls into their new homes ( 1 gallon grow bags filled with hydrolight / 707 soil )

pretty much post SOMETHING in my grow diary and you will get mentioned BUT if I mentioned you in a video and you haven't posted since the "shout out cut off" then you will not be mentioned SO the best thing to do is keep posting here and make sure you get your name in the videos!!!!

Here are the current 2nd ( and a half ) week pictures as I can't stand not getting some updates moving and also just UPPED my plant count here in cali so I will be able to add more to my grows from here on out.

What I had in the video that I wanted to mention but will just post it is the following

thanks you growblu.com for the led lights to test

thank you to field marshall seeds,alphakronik genese, connoisseur genetics, the cali connection for the mmj seeds to test with

thank you to the following ICMAG.COM Posters:

Current shoutouts that will be in my next video are:
handyandy
vukman
analogue
Phychotron
Aotf
VirginHarvester
radvancan
SOURDIESEL1

also anyone who posts a comment or something in this thread BEFORE I make the up potting video will get a SHOUT OUT so why not say SOMETHING!!!

Another thing worth mentioning is:

Anyone who hasn't seen the movie staring Charlie Daniels:
BEHOLD A PALE HORSE

NEEDS TO especially those who LOVE their liberty!!!

Here Is Concept Light #1 Veg Growth:
attachment.php

Here Is Concept Light #2 Veg Growth:
attachment.php

Here Is Concept Light #3 Veg Growth:
attachment.php

Here Is Concept Light #4 Veg Growth:
attachment.php

From what I can tell concept veg light #1 and #2 are far ahead of #3 and #4 in veg currently with this first batch of strains that I put in. I will be posting the germination and potting of the Field Marshall Seeds as well as the up potting of the above plants in the next few days so we will soon see how they go as well.

Anyone who wants to follow along with the videos please subscribe to youtube.com/ledgrowshows and show your support!!!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 23
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 21
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:

vukman

Veteran
SWEET MY BROTHER!!!!!!!!! very sweet...Thank you and GrowBlu.com for making this possible. You are doing something I am not in the position to do but as always, I'll try to be as helpful with my tidbits of info when I can...

One of them I'll post here and I hope you don't mind bro is the link for the info on the UVA and UVB correlation between it and cannabis..

http://www.hempfood.com/iha/iha01201.html

Great read...and from what others have written, they think so as well.......

Keep up the great work and yes,,,1 and 2 appear to be head and shoulders above the rest although one thing. Do you think there is a little stretch going on or no?? Some strains are different and stretch more than others just by nature.

medmaker420

Veteran
Stretch in some indeed, these are regular seeds and I feel ALL of the taller than most plants are males ( as usual ) but with what I consider secondaries the #1 and #2 are still above the rest. Males will always stretch but it isn't height that I am looking at especially with potential males but rather growth overall.

I think I can spot 8 out of the 10 males in any bunch however between the 4 veg lights overall growth including male and female is in favor of light one and two currently BUT light #4 is catching up however light #3 just aint cuttin it. I have MORE plants under all of them that will be in the video that gives a better representation overall BUT I agree that it is hard to tell growth overall with males in the mix which is what I believe the stretch actually is and with 4 strains its an odds thing.

Next is to cut clones of all the females and then clone then in aero buckets and see the root + leaf growth from females alone and see which works best.

One of my current tests is to see how males and females react under the different lights but any TALL ones are pretty much for sure males.

medmaker420

Veteran
Light #1 probably has 2 females out of the bunch based on stretch
Light #2 probably has 5 females out of the bunch based on stretch
Light #3 probably has 1 female out of the two based on stretch
Light #4 probably has 2 or 3 out of the four based on stretch

we will soon see as they get taller and then sex them

once sexed the clones will be taken from the females BUT I am keeping all the males as I feel they are just as important ( if not more ) as the females.