What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6-Benzylaminopurine (BAP) to Possibly Increase Budset and Productivity of Marijuana

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
Look, Im no expert on cannabis. I make recommendations on how I know the products work. Iv found that everything you read about this stuff isnt always accurate Either. Its best to do your own experiments. My customers all reported well on my recommendations.

I have to disagree with you on the stretching. Its stretching because you are making it too strong. If you use a lower ppm and mix it with TRI, it will stretch side ways too (fatter). In theory of course. It works with other plants, Ive never grown Cannabis as it isnt legal for me to do so at this time. and I dont know that a little stretching is frowned upon. Ive had people ask me how to make thier plants taller. Anyway, I wasnt writting today to get into an in depth conversation about this topic though. I was addressing a comment that made PlantsAndStuff look bad. I tend to take that personal as I am the person who started it.

If you want to talk about it more, send me an email. I believe you are in the same user group as me. You have my mail still.

Hey Dizzle,
pls be kind to Mr Plants & Stuff as he helping us get better harvest in the end... about the information on GA3, hmm im not so sure that he´s wrong... have you tested different ppm´s? Fulvic is a must yeah for all foliar applications, hormones or not.. but yeah i think his GA3 might not be so bad as it corresponds to some1 else on IC saying applying GA3 after stretch it will just increase buds, ACTUALY if i remember correct he mentioned 3 applications throught flower... increasing each dose .. think it was something like first applications 15pp, then 30, then 60ppm... i can search if your interested.... but i thought GA3 shouldnt be smoked.. so i kinda lost interest in it... BAP works great though... 2 applications, 300ppm after stretch then again 2 weeks later
bless

dizzlekush

BBD the reason why im not treating P&S too kindly is because s/he is dishonest. Take a look at the very first post they quote. the information was accurate when i posted, and at that time they were selling 25G of BAP for $79. since then, and maybe even because i called them on the BS, they cut their selling price for BAP in half. Now the owner comes in here and starts lying saying that that's always been the price, where i know that as BS since i did a large amount of research before sourcing my BAP. If they just were honest from the beginning and admitted to drastically lowering their price, there would have been no issue. But they came in lying to make themselves look better and to make my statements seem false. I even posted the exact same link as him, and commented at the price being double from Plants & Stuff. surely someone actually looked at the links when i posted them and can confirm that at the time, i was correct.
@blueberrydrumz i just might do that although the simplicity of pre-mixed solutions is so nice. But if im going to buy BAP, id want to buy it from a reputable source such as phytotechlabs.

Its actually even cheaper from Phytotech:
http://www.phytotechlab.com/detail.aspx?ID=141

The ebay source is from plantsandstuff.com so heres the options from plantsandstuff.com:
http://plantsandstuff.com/Products.html

the ebay option is a little more than double the price... they probably got their chemicals from Phytotech or Caymen or something and are just trying to make a few bucks being a useless middleman.
Beside that, my price is $79 for 50 grams. look, its right on the front page http://www.plantsandstuff.com/Products.html its always been that price.
Also feel free to test GA3 to your hearts content, but you wont be happy with the results. its fantastic at inducing cell elongation which often looks like increased growth, but once you start growing buds that look like asterisks you might come to the same conclusion that GA3 is not for cannabis. Spray that on some bamboo though and freak the f**k out at how fast it grows.

O yea and dont co-apply fulvic acid with GA3 to foliage. fulvic acid has shown to inhibit GA3 absorption or at least the effects of GA3.

cchem

Look, Im no expert on cannabis. I make recommendations on how I know the products work. Iv found that everything you read about this stuff isnt always accurate Either. Its best to do your own experiments. My customers all reported well on my recommendations.

I have to disagree with you on the stretching. Its stretching because you are making it too strong. If you use a lower ppm and mix it with TRI, it will stretch side ways too (fatter). In theory of course. It works with other plants, Ive never grown Cannabis as it isnt legal for me to do so at this time and I dont know that a little stretching is frowned upon. Ive had people ask me how to make thier plants taller. Heres some info, I just garnered "some gardeners prefer a bit of stretch to allow budsites to fill in adequately. Buds with perfect density can be grown by controlling stretch." And ,"Stretch is a problem primarily in indoor grows... The problem stems from the limitations of artificial light and the plant’s adaptations to low light." "Encouraging stretch can be a good technique to prevent budrot in susceptible strains and massive colas. Elongated buds are less dense, and the humidity within buds is reduced."
Out door plants will do much better.

Anyway, I wasnt writting today to get into an in depth conversation about this topic though. I was addressing a comment that made PlantsAndStuff look bad. I tend to take that personal as I am the person who started it.

If you want to talk about it more, send me an email. I believe you are in the same user group as me. You have my mail still.

Sorry mate no politics or pricing involved my way. I aren't US based and have large volume suppliers so my costs are way lower than any being quoted here. This said GA increases stretch at even low levels unless carefully balanced with a GA inhibitor. I did several trials with GA and GA inhibitors - I'd strongly recommend the layman - your average grower - should stay away from GA used at even extremely low levels. No offense meant - as you say you aren't a cannabis expert and as you would know all plants differ with outcomes to hormone use etc. Cannabis doesn't respond well to GA. Stretches them like a bitch.

shirami

BBD the reason why im not treating P&S too kindly is because s/he is dishonest. Take a look at the very first post they quote. the information was accurate when i posted, and at that time they were selling 25G of BAP for $79. since then, and maybe even because i called them on the BS, they cut their selling price for BAP in half. Now the owner comes in here and starts lying saying that that's always been the price, where i know that as BS since i did a large amount of research before sourcing my BAP. If they just were honest from the beginning and admitted to drastically lowering their price, there would have been no issue. But they came in lying to make themselves look better and to make my statements seem false. I even posted the exact same link as him, and commented at the price being double from Plants & Stuff. surely someone actually looked at the links when i posted them and can confirm that at the time, i was correct.

Also feel free to test GA3 to your hearts content, but you wont be happy with the results. its fantastic at inducing cell elongation which often looks like increased growth, but once you start growing buds that look like asterisks you might come to the same conclusion that GA3 is not for cannabis. Spray that on some bamboo though and freak the f**k out at how fast it grows.

O yea and dont co-apply fulvic acid with GA3 to foliage. fulvic acid has shown to inhibit GA3 absorption or at least the effects of GA3.

I don't remember the exact prices but when I checked about a month ago the BAP from Plants and Stuff was definitely more expensive.
No doubt about it.

keejee

Is there anyone experienced in using BA? So far I can only see information that's copied from others sites but unfortunately no experiments. I hope to find some as I intend to do some test in next months.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
We even can tell you how to make a hermi plant so you can create 100% fem seeds if you ask us nicely

It's still easier and cheaper, and non-toxic, to make and use colloidal silver rather than GA3 to make feminised seeds, and all information has already been provided here at this forum free to all - no need to "ask nicely" ... :) See my signature

Lammy

I ordered and used the GA3 (among other things) from PlantsAndStuff. I wish he'd told me he never grew MJ when he gave me very specific instructions on how to use it with MJ.

dizzlekush is 100% dead on with what he says about it.

I purposly used it as directed on 1 lower branch on 2 adjacent plants. All the plants within 4 feet were greatly affected. They stretched to about 6" internode length and grew past my lights within two weeks. I removed all but one of the affected plants from the garden. I never even saw a male flower. Which is a relief at this point. The plant that remains is the biggest joke.

I did not communicate the problem to PlantsAndStuff. I believe he is being genuine when he says that he hasn't had any complaints.

I almost forgot this thread is about BAP. Which I also received from PlantsAndStuff. It has instructions on how to mix it with lye. But it does not have a single warning about working with it. Like 'wear goggles" or "causes permanent blindness". So I feel particularly lucky to have my eyesight right now.

I have to disagree with you on the stretching. Its stretching because you are making it too strong. If you use a lower ppm and mix it with TRI, it will stretch side ways too (fatter). In theory of course. It works with other plants, Ive never grown Cannabis as it isnt legal for me to do so at this time. and I dont know that a little stretching is frowned upon. Ive had people ask me how to make thier plants taller.

As you said you're no expert on cannabis.

STRECHING IS BAD. Outdoors maybe it can be tolerated. Indoors no chance.

I will say I still like PlantsAndStuff.
But loosing a 1/4 of my crop I don't care for at all.

xrob415x

Great thread. Hope it isn't dead. I just ordered some almost pure BAP. I read at this concentration it isn't too water solvent. Can anyone give me a Layman's step by step walkthrough about how to get it water solvent. I will be foliar spraying. I plan on spraying it at about 300-400 ppm week 4 on a 9 week strain. Any tips on the frequency of the foliar s. One time maybe 2?

gsa396

BAP-6 Formula

BAP-6 Formula

This is my first post I felt I could help with so here we go...

I am currently in my 2nd testing phase of my BAP-6 formulation. Previous studies have shown greatly increased bud sites with a single application of BAP-6 at 2000ppm... The current study is a new formulation of BAP-6 with the addition of Super Thrive, and fulvic acid.

5 gm's from plants and stuff netted 650ml's @ 2000ppm, it took approx. .18 gm's of lye (KHO, or potassium hydroxide) to dissolve the 5 gm's of BAP-6 then one drop of Super Thrive, and 12ml's of fulvic acid.

My test is being done on four different strands; Church, Northern Lights, Purple Haze, and Holy Grail. Each plant is in different stages and sizes to see the effects of full strong healthy plants next to smaller less preforming plants to see the effects. Eight out of 48 plants were treated.

I am running a custom RDWC/AERO unit I designed and pending patent... I am also documenting with pictures for reference. I have also been using GA3 for germination of seedlings (only) for rapid growth of seedlings and it works well. Once the seedlings have a good cluster of leaves I treat them with 24-Ebrassinolide for root development and rapid growth then BAP-6 treatment. I will try to update as it progresses, the first treatment was today 9/5/12.

xrob415x

@gsa396 Whats up bro hopefully we can bring this thread back to life!
I recently purchased a product called configure which seems to be the only agri pure BA-6 product on the market. I will be testing it soon with 4 groups of plants. control, 1000ppm( applied once), 2000 ( ppm applied once) 600ppm (applied twice). All these applications will be used with fulvic acid. I also use Brassinolide at .1ppm

dizzlekush

@gsa396
@xrob415x

Glad to see that there's some interest in the topic still. looking at the studies i've seen published in scientific literature it makes me think the optimal ppm range for BAP will be between 50-300ppm. feel free to use higher ppm, but higher ppm is not commonly found in experimentation with good results.

Ive had several requests recently to post my BAP stock solution formulation so here it is. Again i suggest learning the dangers of methanol and potassium hydroxide before working with them. A milligram scale and graduated cylinder are both fairly necessary to get accurate measurements.

READ THIS BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO MAKE YOUR SOLUTION:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4844608&postcount=31

Measure out 50ml Methanol
Add 2.000 grams of potassium hydroxide. Wait for complete dissolution. (if its a powder, add slowly. if its a flake, all can be added at once)
Add 2.000 grams of BAP. Wait for complete dissolution.
Add distilled water to 100ml of finished stock solution

End product is 100ml of 2% BAP (w/v). 5ml added to a liter of water will render 100ppm of BAP. 10ml will render 200ppm etc.
I just did my first BAP spray of 100ppm (along with 1ppm of Triacontanol) yesterday, about half way through the bloom phase. looking forward to hearing results of other experimenters.

omera1

i will spray this mix on saturday :

200ppm 6-bap
10ppm ga3
200ppm citosan
90ppm fulvic acid

plant is an 4ft.(1m) outdoor indica in week 3 flowering...

So you don't need to make the solution alkaline? Can plants absorb it directly through the leaf even if it is not alkaline? The OP mentions using KOH in addition to a solvent but it seems like you are saying a solvent is all that is needed.

IPA sounds like a better way to apply the BAP anyway so thanks for pointing this out.

omera1

mh i dont think u need the koh, mayby just for stock solutions. i just put about 100mg BAP into 10ml IPA, heatet it up in a little glas bottle (40ml) with a hairdryer for 3 minutes and it dissolved completly :)
... but i have problems to solve fuliv acid and chitosan. IBA, IBA&Methanol and water only didnt work very well -.-

Latest posts

Latest posts