What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

HooT

Im sorry if I got this wrong but are we saying that ph up is like adding silica? Or a silica product will substitute for ph up by raising the ph?

Also, I have Dutch Masters Silica but I haven't used it. For veg I just use 5ml Cana aqua veg and some subculture with 1 tsp of cal/mag. I do have to add ph up to get it to sit at 5.8ish. Should I try raising the ph with the DM silica? Or would that be deviating from the KISS?

Hoot

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
I use coco perlite in a 2/3, 1/3 ratio. Ive seen people go up to 50-50 coco-perlite.
U should water as often as your plant need but be careful not to overwater. A coco-perlite mix is very light and if the pots feel heavy then they have water.
People are having success with feeding with every watering. If you start to see tip burn, maybe go to half strength feedings every watering or alter full strength feeding with plain water feedings. Just gotta learn how to read your plants, its not rocket science, usually, but it does take some common sense and experience...

Coco is physically impossible to overwater. Its colloidal structure means it will always have enough oxygen in the root zone if drainage is allowed for liquid.

You can feed every watering, assuming you have runoff of at least 20-40% of what you water; IE: you water 1 gal into a plant and 1/4 gal of runoff happens.

Im sorry if I got this wrong but are we saying that ph up is like adding silica? Or a silica product will substitute for ph up by raising the ph?

Hoot

If ph up has potassium silicate, then yes. Silica is alkaline in nature, so yes it will raise ph.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok so by full strength do you mean ur using 2 tbsp and not 1,every watering as long as the runoff is there?...ive been using 1 tbsp per gallon every other watering,please tell me what mix you guys are using...i asked a couple other questions that either got missed or the pages turned or something...thanks in advance.
peace-T-

HooT

Mr celsius, thank you for clearing that up for me.

Does anyone use dm silicca or is the protek stuff the best on the market? And do you all really see a nice improvment with root structure and leaf growth with scilica?

I used to use like 8 different products in my rez and have alway got fantastic results... tasty colorful nugs.
But this round I only intend on using canna a + b. Veg and flower, cal\mag, and my favorite additive ever DARK ENERGY (and my benies ofcourse). During flower I will also add. Canna's pk 13\14. I like the fact that my rez isn't a black and brown shit mix.

Though, I have always added 1tbs. Per gal of fox farm big bloom the whole grow and have left it out this round. Do you think I will loose a little flavor or smell? I still have like a gallon left and want to use it but I'm trying really hard to keep it KISS. What do you guys think?

:eek:ot

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
i only use 1tsp per gall and water with mix everyday once a day :tiphat:

stay safe
:smokey:

I've actually been skipping a feeding: Feed,water,feed,water and only using a tsp until I can determine their limit.

It's been about 2 weeks now and I think I can safely go to 1.5 :wave:

I'm in 3gal/soil

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks fellaz....nyone usin liquid krma in veg or maollases in flower with this recipe?and if so what were ur results?
tia
peace-T-

Ioni Botani

thanks fellaz....nyone usin liquid krma in veg or maollases in flower with this recipe?and if so what were ur results?
tia
peace-T-

Hey T, nope. Nobody I know is using it...wont hurt Im sure BUT... KISS is about simplicity...none of this is necessary for dank nugget. May improve upon a shitty product, but if that shit is dank to begin with there is nooo neeeeeeed. NPK, micronutrients, proper pH and you will eventually (with proper technique) get some blasphemously dank nuggz.....

By the way we are using one TEASPOON not one TABLESPOON. For clarification...just making sure everyone is on the same page...

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanx ioni my bad didn't mean to throw anyone off with the typo.
Peace-T-

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Mr celsius, thank you for clearing that up for me.

Does anyone use dm silicca or is the protek stuff the best on the market? And do you all really see a nice improvment with root structure and leaf growth with scilica?

:eek:ot

silica is silica my friend. With that said, the concentration will change from product to product. I've always used Silica Blast from Botainicare, not for any particular reason, just bought it once and it worked.

Silica will assist is the plants general health by warding off infections and pests, so yes you will see improvement, just not directly from it. The potassium in potassium silicate will:
Potassium regulates the opening and closing of the stomata by a potassium ion pump. Since stomata are important in water regulation, potassium reduces water loss from the leaves and increases drought tolerance. Potassium deficiency may cause necrosis or interveinal chlorosis.

down2grow

So far my maxibloom girls are doing great at 1.2 EC & tap. A full tsp was at 1.6-1.7 EC and it gave my girls a little tip burn. Overall girls are a nice green, not too dark like 6/9 & RO. After I mix to 1.2 EC the PH is perfect, 5.8. I really want to use pro-tekt to strengthen the stems, but that means I'll have to use PH down.

D2G

Does maxibloom when added lower ph to tap water right? I'm about to start my first ever grow, but when I tested tap the other day it was really high... I read I should leave water overnight out also to lessen chlorine?

Going to use cocoleaf+perilite mix , thx in advance.

ibjamming

Veteran
Does maxibloom when added lower ph to tap water right? I'm about to start my first ever grow, but when I tested tap the other day it was really high... I read I should leave water overnight out also to lessen chlorine?

How high is really high? REALLY high? 9 high? Mine is really high and I need a teaspoon of each, MB and the GH Ph Down. I end up right at 5.8...soil would use less...maybe 1/2 or 3/4 teaspoon?

Green lung

Veteran
First time coco grower, maxibloom with tap water, ph 5.9, no runoff, strain= purplewreck:dance013:..........easy as cake:jump:

Attachments

• DSCF1649.JPG
    DSCF1649.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF1647.JPG
    DSCF1647.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF1653.JPG
    DSCF1653.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF1660.JPG
    DSCF1660.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 39

mr noodles

i scored a 4.4 lbs of maxibloom for 25 $, a true fucking deal .

the young guy at the hydro store tough i was a retard when i asked if he had maxibloom in powder form...he ask me why do you want that...

the guy had no clues what was the lucas formula and had no clue about the proper ratio a plant need....the more i asked the kid the ,ore he was talking rubbish ...

i was stunned by is ignorance , not a bad kid (maximum 22 years old ) but totally clueless about growing...the rest of the staff where clueless too .

they also told me they will not carry gh anymore....it was an old format in plastic tub

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran

My tap/pH is high as well (9+) and I've had no issue with pH as of yet.Tested once in the beginning, haven't tested since.It was somewhere N of 6 by a shade.All's well.

EDIT:

Ahh shit, too high...bubble your water,with a standard airstone/pump setup for 24 hours.

Good to go :yes:

Last edited:

kcbudz31

Hopping on this wagon. Feeding 1tsp/gal to one of my sativa clones in perlite that has been sipping on Schultz 10-15-10 for lack of proper stuff. Also using 1tsp/gal once weekly to the dirt plants in the flower room (~3 weekly waterings).
So far, so good.

Growbrass

With RO water that's 0 ppm and has a pH of 7..... with the 1tsp of MaxiBloom per gallon... what does the pH come out to? (without adjusting it or adding anything else).

I don't want to buy a bag of MaxiBloom just to do this test, so please help out if you can.

p.s. 2nd part of question would be, what is pH after adding normal rate of Cal-Mag?

Latest posts

Latest posts