What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemelemeleme Upgrade, A story of young ladies sharing a room

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
great news
cant wait to see the screen blow up and the 12 as well. i cant decide what would be better for me the 12 or 8xl, as i dont have much area to veg 8 big trees, but i do 12 normal multi topped bushes. would like to get 8bulb t5 for veg on that what ever i do...

BigGreen

Veteran
whats up man that sure looks like a fun way to be trimming them trees up I bet you get really high in there trimming. Kick ass grow I cant wait to see the new shit. Uc all the way

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
And it never ends

And it never ends

Upgrading is a full time job and then some. This weekend was a working weekend as all of them are but at least some fun was thrown in. I've been throwing away all my fan leaves for years. The apprentice insisted on making bubble hash. Well hard work should be rewarded, and the upgrade would never have happened with out the support of many others. So for all those here is a little.

8 layer 20 gallon bubble bags a few dollars, new drill a few dollars, new bit a few dollars, being HIGHER than I have been in years PRICELESS.

Making

Drying / Waiting

And I took 2/3rd of the 120 Mu hash at 6PM and left the other third for the apprentice. I was not able to drink anything but water or smoke for the rest of the night! I haven't been that high in a decade!
picture.php

Peace, :joint:

BigGreen

Veteran
Aint that bubble hash some shit. I just topped a bowl with some last night and went to a movie the movie was stupid as hell but I was still laughing my ass off.

SirSmokalot

Veteran
SOME BAGS IS MY NEXT PURCHASE.
i have like 2-3 lbs of fine sugar leaf and popcorn buds chillin.
i hope i get a fat pull.
what did you pay for new 8bag 20 gal. wanted the 5 gal, but you made that look so easy in 20 lol

bkind

The rooms lookin' good Hydro, can't wait to see the update. That's a great story about smokin the 120 lol. Was your trim purple and did the water turn purple at all? Last batch of bubble I made was from GAK G13xAfghani Kush and the water turned so purple it almost looked like wine. Have you ever heard of feeding your plants the left over water? I read it in the Grow Bible but I've never tried it or actually seen it done.

SirSmokalot-
I think I paid ~$750 but that was from a head shop and possibly overpriced.

SirSmokalot

Veteran
thanks Bkind! sounds more than i thought. but not too much. worth it though. i have trimmins from last year man. and i had 2 buckets that werent in light at all and grew popcorn all the way. like 8z from those alone to bubble along with all the zip locks of trimm.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence

Do you ever get drunk, spill your wine and then beat the crap out of your ladies? Well this didn't kill her, but she is spread eagle and hurting that is for sure.

So as you can see screen two has gone in over the two Aussie Blues (they are taking up 1.5 lights) and the two very compact Uncles are under the other light. Now that the two screens are in the layer of floss can be added a foot higher.

SSA, We can pick those up for a few hundred less cash price

ScrubNinja, Don't hate me for what I just did to that Aussie Blue

Bkind, Funny thing... I threw the hash water on an agave catus in the yard and I put the leaves and left overs on another cactus.

BigGreen, The hash is amazing. I am of course behind schedule. My UC12 will be going into my remodeled dungeon this week!

bkind

SSA, We can pick those up for a few hundred less cash price

ScrubNinja, Don't hate me for what I just did to that Aussie Blue

Bkind, Funny thing... I threw the hash water on an agave catus in the yard and I put the leaves and left overs on another cactus.

That figures they're that cheap now...I think they had just came out when I bought them so that probably didn't help either.

I think your Aussie girl's gonna be just fine!

That's cool you watered your cactus like that, telepathy? ha

Peace!

bkind

thanks Bkind! sounds more than i thought. but not too much. worth it though. i have trimmins from last year man. and i had 2 buckets that werent in light at all and grew popcorn all the way. like 8z from those alone to bubble along with all the zip locks of trimm.

You should get a fat pull with that, if it's frosty I'd guess 100-200 grms. The trick for quality with the 20 gals is not to shred the trim/buds with too much force, if you're using a drill do not crank it to full speed unless you're going for quantity, wait at least until the 3rd or 4th wash if you do. What about you Hydro, full speed or not?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
First Wet Test Run

First Wet Test Run

Well the upgrade process is time consuming. Today saw the installation of the Under Current 12 sight system. It appears to run great. Tomorrow will be hoods, ballasts, a res tank, new RO, and a fat bowl!

Construction shots

Notice the nice new window set up!

Finished system during wet run. Noticed I switched around the end to make it wider than normal!

The ladies under the SCROG look great

I made a 7 sec video, wonder if I can attach it (NOPE! MOV, AVI are not file attach options :mad: ).

Bkind, tonights hash run will use the smaller 3/8" round mixing bit at slower speed. I am still on leaves. When I get to the top trim I'll be expert at making this stuff.

I hope you all enjoy!

SirSmokalot

Veteran
lookin great. have fun workin on that i know i would. gonna get really crazy your way soon...
sir

SirSmokalot

Veteran
thanks for the info alex
yes it is super frosty like covered completely with layers. lol

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Looking wikkid, Hydro. ICmag actually has a video section, click on User Menu > My Videos.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
ScrubNinja,

My AB is completely sativa. Did you see how far she spread? That screen is 4' across and 8' long, she easily stretches to touch 2/3rds of the perimeter!

they wanted a http link from me :-( I just wanted to upload 7 sec of water shooting around the system :joint:

BigGreen

Veteran
Looking like your getting it done there hydrosun. How easy was setting up the uc? Pumped up to see a another uc grow. Good luck

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I got the camera out, took some shots. Yelled at the apprentice and his assistant about not being able to find instructions. Checked the web site, no pdf of instructions (bummer). The crew eventually found the directions, better than many I've seen but still wasn't exact to the system we have.

The Video links Mashup posted before he was banned helped because I could see one in action. I'd previously read about the huge disc diffuser so I knew how to handle that.

I would have really like a 12 WIDE and it would only take 4 PVC pipe changes. After the first run I may mod. I've already modified by swapping the two end PVC pieces to make it wider! I couldn't do that with the other end because it is a single glued together piece with the return line.

So the ease of setup was great. I need to find a good way to drain the system. I think I'd like to use the return pump just to shoot the contents out of the system. I tried to drain the system by attaching a 100' (WAY TOO LONG) hose and running it to a toilet down stairs. That didn't work so well because there is a little lip leaving the dungeon so even though I tried to drain down stairs I could get gravity to pull the H2O lower than the top of the lip. I switched over to a plug in pump and evacuated the test water.

I hope to have 12 ladies under their new 4 1Kws by Friday. Wish me luck!

bkind

Ooh that is interesting...some good grows with the Under Current around here?
Any advantages you are hoping for compared to your last system?

Everything's looking great!

Btw I noticed a pair of vox shoes in your hsh making pics, do you skate?

yes it is super frosty like covered completely with layers. lol

Well shit I guess if I looked at your albums I would have known!

Bkind, Thanks for the nice words. They certainly were grown with love. Plant number 3, of particular interest to you was flowered for 59days with a daily full flush and res change for 6 days and three more days of RO only, for a full 9 day flush. She ended her run ripe and with cleaner water than the tap water of most cities. She is one of the ladies here hanging in the Dungeon.

probably the one in the foreground. She was hung for four days as one big tree. I find this is the best to allow the bud to absorb the moisture and sap from the branches. Also this allows the flowers to off gas their chlorophyll instead of having it locked into the plant by a quick dry. So this lady had the four day hang and then a day in a half zip lock bag open shut cure, before being sealed up. Your job is to come back here and report. Please open in a safe place and remember to tell us about the aroma!

Mmm

PK

Wow. This stuff stanks!!! One hit gives me a full head high that expands from there or my heart through my whole body. But it tastes so great, one hit is just not enough, or two or three... An overall solid, earthy kush taste with hints of purple. Some buds have a distinct diesel smell and taste and others have a 50/50 mix of kush and fruity purple. The more purple buds have a little more of a hashy taste. Overall AAA quality and a lot of diversity. Fucking awesome sunshine daydream. Love it.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hydrosun again. ha

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Bkind, As you can see the UC uses a pump to pull the res contents from the back of the system and then dump it back into the top of the fill tank. Now all my buckets will be super oxygenated and all at the same PH.

Here is my real motivation. On my last run I got 14.75oz per plant each in a 5gal bucket and under a 750w ballast driving a 1KW Ushio bulb (who knew, opened up the hoods after three years and there they were). You've tasted the quality of that flower, now I want to do better.

The UC has 8gal buckets that run at a 7gal fill level? (help with this!!). My DIY 5 gal buckets ran under the net pots, so 2.5gal fill level (but the root mass took up the whole 5gal and had access to H2O 24/7).

So now I go to 8gal super charged under 1Kws powered at Super Lumen, from the 5gal 750w.

As an in between step my current upgraded flower room has the 5gals with 6" airstones (not in last run) under new 1Kws. I hope to move my Pk's up from 14.75oz to 20+

Wish me luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts