What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does anyone know what this is ??

PCBuds

I'm hoping it's just too close to the lights.

I checked it with my jewellers loupe and I don't see bugs.

So I figure too much sunshine or maybe some sort of desease ??

The rest of the plant appears fine.

Chappi

Looks like a micronutrient issue
Most likely Manganese(Mn)
Likely cause is too high of a ph
It’s an immobile nutrient so it will appear in the older leaves and stay there.
Good luck

DJXX

Veteran
There are a couple of leaf charts for deficiencies on here......take a peek at those...hope this helps...DJXX

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I agree with Chappi.

The question is whether the high pH is from overfeeding, which it looks like too - the only way to know is to measure the runoff.

Basically throughout growing until heavy flowering you really don't need much nitrogen. Which means that if there is a high nitrogen number in your grow formula, it will build up in the soil.

I would recomment using a bloom food (0.4 EC, high P and K) and epsom salt for magnesium (0.1 EC for the foliage).

Also, flowering is in effect an expansion of the rootmass, because all those calyxes need new roots to supply them with nutrients.

In hydro that usually isn't a problem because the roots can grow into water or the reservoir. In soil, you'll have to add a couple of inches of soil for the new roots to grow into.

Phosphorus stimulates/feeds root growth, and is more effective than any root stimulator. Also, during heavy flowering, add a growth stimulator like triacontanol which is in alfalfa meal/pellets. It is during heavy flowering that you actually want nitrogen, which is a general growth nutrient. And extra non-mobile nutrients like calcium, sulfur, silica and trace elements (iron, copper, zink, etc.) because of the large increase in new cells at that time.

Those combined will give you a large harvest of very high quality buds.

PCBuds

This is all I could find on manganese deciciency.

It does look a lot like my plant.

These are pictures I found about magnesium deficiency.

It's only the top few leaves of my plant with a problem.

These are my bloom nutes... No manganese but lots of magnesium.

I figure the top of my main cola won't be optimum but I don't want to risk anything.

As long as it's not bugs or disease I'm happy.
A nutrient deficiecy or excess isn't going to kill my plant but I might if I try to fix it.

PCBuds

I took another fan leaf off and it looks like this.

My temperatures in the closet are approaching 90°F.
I'm thinking it's heat stress and the plant is resorbing nutrients as it lets the leaf die.

It's only the uppermost leaves that are turning brown.
The other leaves are dark green and healthy.

I vegged my plant with Miracle Grow before smartening up and bought the proper nutes.

Perhaps the lack of Manganese is showing itself now ??

I was wondering if this is the normal way a leaf dies so I don't have to worry about disease or bugs.

I'm not prepared to air condition my grow room or even put in fans so I'm willlng to take what I get as long as my whole plant isn't dying.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I took another fan leaf off and it looks like this.

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/zX7j0XM6/20190705-184252.jpg]View Image[/url]

My temperatures in the closet are approaching 90°F.
I'm thinking it's heat stress and the plant is resorbing nutrients as it lets the leaf die.

It's only the uppermost leaves that are turning brown.
The other leaves are dark green and healthy.

I vegged my plant with Miracle Grow before smartening up and bought the proper nutes.

Perhaps the lack of Manganese is showing itself now ??

I was wondering if this is the normal way a leaf dies so I don't have to worry about disease or bugs.

I'm not prepared to air condition my grow room or even put in fans so I'm willlng to take what I get as long as my whole plant isn't dying.
90F or 32C is way too high indoors. 18-25C (65-77F) is much closer to ideal. When in doubt, first look at the environment and the medium (i.e. check runoff).

Last edited:

PCBuds

I have an air conditioner in my bedroom and I decided to leave it running with the door open which does cool off the house quite a bit.

We have been going through a bit of a heat wave recently and the air conditioner is really helping.

The temperature in my grow closet dropped to mid 80's F.

I don't have run off.
I bottom feed my plant through a tube to the bottom and I wait till the moisture meter hits the red and give it 2L of water with 1/4 strength nutes and a TBS. of molasses.
It soaks it right up.

I'm really bad with over watering so I don't want to fill it enough to get run off.

Latest posts

Latest posts