What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

popped my first autos ever

FoxFace

today I put my first autos to water never had them before so will see how it goes will add photos along the way don't know what they are as gifted but autos that's all I know:)

R

Rab.C

i agree best of luck with your grow.i seen a video shanti baba from mr nice said
best way too grow autos was too veg them under 24/7 then when there at the size you want
reduce the light too 20hours

FoxFace

my friend told me to go 18.6 all the way through but they are going in my greenhouse I think so let mother nature take her course:peacock:

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
i agree best of luck with your grow.i seen a video shanti baba from mr nice said
best way too grow autos was too veg them under 24/7 then when there at the size you want
reduce the light too 20hours

nope. autoz need time to rest in the dark.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's a myriad of ways to grow. Side-by-side comparisons, 24/7 is no appreciative benefit. 18/6 or 20/4 seem to work well.

FoxFace

::woohoo: and today is nice and sunny so that helped a lot my greenhouse temp is 30 first time in a while summer is getting closer:)
picture.php

Last edited:

Mr Jay

Veteran
There's a myriad of ways to grow. Side-by-side comparisons, 24/7 is no appreciative benefit. 18/6 or 20/4 seem to work well.

So the bold and underlined is what's important to read. No benefit means it's not better or worse one way or the other past 20/4. All you're doing is grinding the power bill a little harder. No one has posted proof (in large enough of a sample test with rigorous control) of a rest period giving better growth.

Thanks airbud :tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So the bold and underlined is what's important to read. No benefit means it's not better or worse one way or the other past 20/4. All you're doing is grinding the power bill a little harder. No one has posted proof (in large enough of a sample test with rigorous control) of a rest period giving better growth.

Thanks airbud :tiphat:

Over the years, we did one, 2, actually 7 times. Unfortunately, we didn't show pics. Those with a "rest period" were stouter, a tad larger than exact same counterpart and finished about a week before the ones growing under 24/0. Autos have a rapid timeline; those breeders I've talked to and our own experiments showed supposed better intake with a rest period.

Wasting electricity/power all good, if that's what you believe.

Mr Jay

Veteran
I'd love to read over those notes some time if possible! My personal experience Showed no difference, but I'm only growing a handful of plants at a time in cabs or small tents. Not scientific in the least.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd love to read over those notes some time if possible! My personal experience Showed no difference, but I'm only growing a handful of plants at a time in cabs or small tents. Not scientific in the least.

You can easily do your own experiment. Start with SAME strain, F1's, 10 to~20 to start (using regular seeds). I can't comment on feminized as we don't grow feminized.
5- 10 under 24/0
5-10 under 18/6 or 20/4.

Cull the males. Typically 30- 50% are males.
Use identical feeding regimen.

Watch/note how they respond.

Last edited:

FoxFace

1 week on and only 1 has came through thought the others would be through by now a lot colder than last week maybes down to that:)

Mr Jay

Veteran
You can easily do your own experiment. Start with SAME strain, F1's, 10 to~20 to start (using regular seeds). I can't comment on feminized as we don't grow feminized.
5- 10 under 24/0
5-10 under 18/6 or 20/4.

Cull the males. Typically 30- 50% are males.
Use identical feeding regimen.

Watch/note how they respond.

I did seperate batches of MI5 f2 just like this with no appreciable difference. Same soil, same regimen.

OP, cannabis seeds like warm soil to germinate in, if it's too cold they won't pop.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As mentioned, very little appreciable difference. Not enough to make it worthwhile.

Yes, warm environment, don't over water, don't over fertilize.

FoxFace

a little over 2 weeks since my last photo temperature remains still two cold in my greenhouse gave her some miracle grow today maybes that can help maybes not but she is strong
picture.php

Mr Jay

Veteran
Be extremely careful when using MG on autos, they are very easy to burn. Once burnt, they aren't going to recover well, or sometimes at all.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With the green gunk on top of soil, your plant is drowning (over watered). MG products are pitiful. Let the soil dry out some before next watering. If plant is still yellow, a weak dose of epsom salt/water may bring her back.

Maybe you didn't read my prior post. Most newbie mistakes: Over fertilizing, over watering.