What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

9DRAGONS

nice man, they sell paint at the local shop says one coat, this is so not true, false advertising.
i clad the project is coming together for you.

keep it green brother

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The "Downside"

The "Downside"

nice man, they sell paint at the local shop says one coat, this is so not true, false advertising.
i clad the project is coming together for you.

keep it green brother

Yeah it's the same here, but the paint im using for this is of a high quality. Very good coverage and long lasting. It's for painting wooden roof skirts, or what ever it's called in english.

This morning the "downside" got it's first layer of paint!

Kaskadian

Veteran
Looking good man! You've got some serious craftsman blood in those veins. Can't wait to see everything once it's setup and ready to roll.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
are you gonna use drip feeders on the table?

Yes just something simple low pressure, wich is gonna be new. I have always been working at minimum 5 bar, I have some old but good aquarium pumps. One of them should, be able to do the job.

Looking good man! You've got some serious craftsman blood in those veins. Can't wait to see everything once it's setup and ready to roll.

Thank you mate, 50% of a job well done is the right tools. Then planing is another 40 % id say, I spend a lot of time planing a head. Taking messurements, double and tripple check, them as im a stoner. Simply I write everything down, scale it down and draw it up with a ruler. Then I know how much of what I need to buy, about how much it will cost and then I start my build.

The last 10 % is me, trying not to saw my fingers off with my table saw.

9DRAGONS

5 bar lol cranking it up on the pressure for drippers? it was my thought that Dipper run a little less than this pressure. do you have a pressure relieve valve on your pipe work.?

or a pressure switch on your pump?

sounds cool!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
5 bar lol cranking it up on the pressure for drippers? it was my thought that Dipper run a little less than this pressure. do you have a pressure relieve valve on your pipe work.?

or a pressure switch on your pump?

sounds cool!

This will not run at 5 bar, I used to do High Pressure Aeroponics and helped other people design and build their room(s). As everything have to be perfect, and your not 100% sure about what your doing. It's a good idea to get help, or go with something simpler.
On a High pressure system, I would use a flow valve as the pump moves A LOT more water, then the misters can handle. The "overflow" water, will simply be returned into the res.

For this project I have two small pumps, a 1.2 bar pump that run's 1000 L/h and a 2 bar pump that moved 2000 L/h. Im thinking the small pump is enough, but we will see how once I get to making the drip system.

My plan it so make small drip "circles", from 4 mm Drip Tubing and T fittings.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Channel plate

Channel plate

Today I made the channel top plate for the table, but I ran into a minor problem.

Im a YouTube kinda guy, if there is something I need to do I look there and find a tutorial. As I said before, the right tools is half the job well done.
So I found a local shop, that had all the tools and channel roofing Im using. Drive there to pick it up, but to my surprice I was only able to buy the roofing. They are not sold in the webshop, logic as they are fairly large and unhandy. But the tool for cutting the roofing, where only sold online. :moon:

Next place didn't have anything either, at the 3rd place I gave up. But was able to find a few bits and peaces, to make my own rotery saw tool for cutting PVC.

Not ideal but to my surprice, it worked fairly well. As they boss in the 3rd shop, was very sorry they didn't have what I needed. I got the saw blade, spanners, bolt n nuts for free. :dance013:

Now I just need to mount the plate, im not sure but I think I got a can of Spray glue somewhere. That should work fine, and then maybe place a silicone seam around the side and back end.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Silicone seam

Silicone seam

Quick and easy day so far, only silicone seamed the channel plate as I forgot so yesterday.

I have desided not to glue the channel plate, in case it becomes brittle over time and cracks. It's nice, just to be able to cut the silicone seam and replace.

Then I went box diving in the attic, trying to find a few old goddies.
Found 3 brand new Adjust a wings, an old handheld microscope slightly used by the looks. A good pH pen, some cheap Ec pen and a 4 mm puncture tool for building feeding systems.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Feedline

Feedline

Picked up some feedline today, tho im still waiting on parts I ordered on E-bay. Im at a point where I have build most of what I can, until Mr. Postman drops a bunch of stuff into my mail box.

Anyway I made what I could, getting the feeding tube cut to size.
Straightening them, so they don't bend and curl all over the place.

Im planing to start out with something like 20 plants, once I get my own mother and cloning up and running. I think I'll grow SOG, and just flower 40 clones with less veg time. First I'll need to find out, how the pump I got will handle feeding 20 plants.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Fuck-ups

Fuck-ups

Well I guess I better post the fails as well as the progress, so here we go again :biggrin:

I had to re-seam the channel plate, as the old silicone I used had expired and would not cure.
Trying to save a buck, but once in a while you save the wrong place. Well a little extra work, and a new 5$ tube of silicone fixed that.

Moved inside the living room, as the tube says zero degree temps isn't optimal for working with silicone. Now I have learned that lesson :biggrin:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Mr. Postman

Mr. Postman

YAY Mr. Postman was here, with some of the parts I have ordered on Ebay.

Always nice to get packages, even tho you know whats in them and payed for them yourself :biggrin:

Sliders for the table, a bit more flimsy then I had hoped. Time will tell, if they will do the job or not.

A light dimmer, that I will test as a fan controller. It might not work but they where cheap, so I just ordered a few different kinds of dimmers.

Elbow joints for the feeding line, and 4/7 mm T joints for the dripper line.

The last is pivot hinges, but I ordered some different once im more likely to use. Not sure these are up for the job, of holding a hidden door wall.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
wow! Nice clean setup! how offen you will change water?

Thank you mate, about the water change. It's hard to say, I'll change as needed. I only changed once a week in my early years, as it's wastes a lot of nutrients. With a small res, you need to change often.

With a larger res, it's easier to keep a large res in ballance. I would not mind if my res was twice as big, but this will do fine I think.

This time I will veg my clones, so I'll start with a veg nutrient mix.
Now I don't know how long I will need to veg, but im guessing about 2 weeks.
Once I switch, depending on how ballanced the res have been running.
Given it runs smooth, im likely to just add flower nutrients to the old mix. And let it run for a week, before I'll drain it all.
Then I'll make a new batch of flowe nutrients, with a low N lvl and let it run for 2-3 weeks.
Always topping the res, with with what ever needed, but I'll let the pH drift from 5.5 up to 6.2/6.5 before I lower it to 5.5 again.

I'll keep that up til im 2/3 thru flower, then I remove N totaly and mainly just finish them off in a P-K + micro and trace elements. The last 10-14 days, I flush with pH adjusted water.

That's the plan, but let's see how things will actually will turn out :biggrin:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Cool Tubes

Cool Tubes

Today I started on the cooltube exhaust, messuring up where the lights should hang. In-take and vent out holes, mounted falges. Still need a single topside flange, but there is a floor plate in the attic I need to cleared and removed.

I will have to mount new reflectors, both cooltubes will have a Adjust a wing mounted over it. One side of the reflector is bent out of shape, but lucky I got 3 brand new reflectors.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Nice setup, indeed. Whole thing is really starting to come together. Completely agree about the channels re: spot attachments. I've seen people drill the whole thing on and it cracks half way through flower if not sooner. The gutters seem to take a bit of abuse, too but you seem to have a large enough catch if it should leak.

How are the sliders going to work/for what purpose? Getting behind the table on the far end?

Latest posts

Latest posts