What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Hello good folks, first of I'd like to say it feels good to be back here.
I have had a break from growing the past many years, ran into some legal issues.

To make it short, everything was lost more or less. They missed a few bags of seeds, 10 gram of hashish and the joint I was smoking. Was still in the ashtray, once I got home after my release. One OP was now running, so they could not take the eqipment from that location.

I'm at a point now, where I feel can safely start to grow again. Just for personal use, for me and the misses. But big enough, that I don't have to grow 4 crops per year. Guessing this is a good time to get back on the horse, saving some money and get a bump up in the quality of our smoke.

It's a wild shot sprouting these old seeds, but I will give it a try anyway. After been reading about sprouting old seeds, Im ready to give this a try "my way".
A lot of the recommendations was coco milk + all sorts of additives. Being who I am, I don't give much for additives and root hormones. Not for cannabis, there is little to no need for them IME. The coco milk on the other hand, makes good sence and was something new to me. (Also I had it in the kitchen already)

Found my old seeds in a drawer, not the best way to store seed. But everyting stored right was taken, and this was just some side stuff from the real breeding project.

The Jack Herer x White Rhino is most likely some hack seeds, but I will see if they will sprout and maybe there is a nice pheno of something. If not, it will be binned.

The next bag is much more interesting, to me at least. As this is genetics I hand picked, at a visit to wally duck in australia. I had earlyer shared some genetics with him, so It was fun to go down there and see his work and pick something to bring home.
Pine O is a project he worked on, stabilising a cross between the C99 pineapple pheno and Cali Orange. I used a pineapple male in my own project, and this is some of seeds. That came from some Affyduck females, a cross of and old line of Afgan #1 and duckfoot.

Again it's hard to say what will come from these seeds, but I know all the genetics and have worked with them for years. So I am 100% sure, that if they sprout. I can find something really nice, that is worth holding on to. If im lucky and get a few males and females, I might just let them pollinate and make a bunch of seeds.

G13 is well G13, guess there is not much new to say about it. Im sure there are a lot of G13's now days, I have not kept up over the years.

Mixed the coco milk in a blender, so even it out and pourd it into 2 glasses. Dumped some seeds into the coco milk, gave it a stir and coverd them up with alu foil.
Placed them in a high cupboard, for 24 hours and then gave them a gentle shake to mix the separated layers. Then left them there, another 24 hours before rinsing them of in a sift.

Last edited:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
And a single Pine O x Affy Duck, also show a single root tip. That I first saw, when I pourd them onto a paper towl.

This is where they are resting for now, between two plates in the same cupboard. I guess tomorrow I'll have to go and get something, to house my upcoming seedlings in.

The Room!

Well there is no room yet :biggrin:
It's all still on paper, but everything is planned out.
Ventilation parts have been brought, tho I will start out trying to vent into the garage attic. If this isn't sufficient, I'll poke a hole in the wall and connect the airducts. But im sure there are sufficient air flow, between the cracks of the roof tiles and vent holes. Biggest concern, is if snow will melt off the garage roof and not from the rest of the house. Again, i'll keep an eye out. For now I'll try not to make a large vent hole in my nice brick wall.

The room will be 1,2 x 2,7 m (about 4x9 ft), not the perfect shape but thats what it is.
Lighting will be 2x 600 Watt HPS under Adjust a wings, maybe I will air cool them. As the flower area will be fairly large, compared to the rooms size. But I'll only add the cooltubes if needed

I will setup a drip table, 80 cm wide and 2 meter long. Draining to a 260 L (69 gal) res, easy and simple. Don't know if I will be running clay peppels, perlite or coco. Peppels are cheap, easy to get and reuseable. So I am leaning that way, and I figure with a little veg and training. It should not be a problem, to fill out the sides. Giving me 3 good square meters of canopy, with good light coverage.

The garage will function as a lung room, it's cold most of the year. The plan is to sail and smoke weed all summer, not growing anything but my sailor reputation :pirate:

But now it's started, seeds are popping and I have to get my ass out of the chair and get a room build. :woohoo:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Attic hatch move

Attic hatch move

Today I moved my attic hatch, as it had to be relocated before I can put up my room. As the hatch opend down, where the wall is gonna be build.

First job unscreew the hatch!
It came down pretty easy, it was heavyer then expected :biggrin: No damage done!

Then I had to unscrew the ceeling tiles, dunno where the prev owner worked. But my guess is somewhere, with free access to Plywood cut off's. The garage walls and ceeling seems to be made, from one size 22mm plywood tiles. Anyway it's easy to work with, removed 3 tiles, cut them in half and moved the hatch half a tile.

Now the fun part came, getting the attic hatch mounted

This would have been a lot easier done, if I hadn't been alone. Well I got the hatch up on a ladder, to support it and I only had to lift it a few inches. Into place, while I got a few screws mounted. And with a little muching around, moving a few screws a few times or ten. I got the hatch to a point, where it can open with a tug and it closes easy.

Now it's time for a joint break :dance013:

Last edited:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Good morning folks!

Todays plan is to pick up some building materials, so no wake n bake for me. Ahh well thats not my useual rutine anyway :D

Later

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Cleared space for the new room

Cleared space for the new room

Well the trailer I wanted to rent, wasn't there and the rest I didn't have the right license for. A mate will drive for me tomorrow!

Anyway still had plenty to do, as I had to remove part of the workbench in the garage. Again it's build from left over plywood cut-offs. My guess is the prev owner worked somewhere, witch free access to plywood, screws and a big fan of Tetris.

Maybe he was afraid someone would steal his DIY workbench, HOLY F**K he have used a lot of screws.
Took for ever to take apart!

Now the space for the room have been cleared, moved the fluro tube. Now it's ready to build, a sturdy woodframe for the new room.
The plywood I removed today, I'll most likely reporpose and rebuild the workbench into an L shape.

Last edited:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Checked on the seeds today, the sprouts have not developed any further. So I fear, they are losing the fight. Again some of the unsprouted seeds, have swollen a lot so I still got hope.

Got some of materials picked up today, now im ready to get the wood frame and walls build.

Last edited:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Building start

Building start

Got started on the wood frame today, just gonna make it a thin wall with 2 inch rockwool insulation. To keep moist from getting into the insulation. I will put up a foil membrane. As im only using 2 inch insulation, I will use mylar to add a IR reflection on both sides. As the garage, gets cold in the winter!

Last edited:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
My seeds haven't been developing any further, the tap root that have poped on a few seeds have stoped. :(

In a desperate attempt to save them, I have put them back into some fresh coco milk. As they did so well after the first two days, and I have nothing to lose at this point.

If this fails, I can always get some clones. But I would love to kick life back into these genes!

Latest posts

Latest posts