What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombia 2012

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello my friends, I'm back in Colombia and to my favorite forms after living in the southeastern US for 4 years. Things have changed here quite a bit since I left in 07 and right now I'm unable to grow. So like in the states I have to purchase my bud locally. When I first returned to Colombia almost a year ago I purchased a QP ($17US) of some of the classic Colombian redbud. It was just like the stuff I was getting here in 04 but this was a little better effect wise. It looks like a clump of bickweed (which it really is) but has that very unique “Colombian" smell and taste. I love that smell and taste....strong and spicy, the effect depends on how much you burn. A few hits and after 15 or so minutes a warm euphoric feeling starts spreading though your body and all your worries are replace with happy relaxing thoughts. This feeling continues to grow to a delightful peak with a very slight burn out feeling after an hour or so. However consuming large amounts just knocks me out and within an hour I can’t stay awake even in the morning. This is better than average domestic Colombian sativa and to me a real treat after the trash and over priced bud from where I was in the states.

Last edited:

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
awesome to see you back, i loved following your thread..hope to see you growing again soon.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you all very much, I missed the forms and growing while I was back home in the states. Where I live now there's just no place to grow even indoors. But I hope we are able to move soon because once you grow your own everything else is lack luster. But the weed has changed here in Colombia and I will post whats new ASAP.

bloyd

Veteran
Good to see you back! Hopefully we can see some johnny blaze growing down amongst the scenery again soon!!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
JB

JB

Oh yes the JB, my last grow here in 07. I came back to Colombia for a visit in late 2010 and found a jar of blaze in some of my things I left behind when I moved back to the states. After a 3 year cure the bud had turned Golden and lost some smell but the taste was spectacular and the effect seemed better with a longer lasting high. However since then I lost all my seed stock and sealed bud from my previous grows because my Colombian wife’s family didn’t want it in their house any longer. So when I can start growing again it will be from scratch, but I am collecting some very nice seed stock locally.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Veteran
attachment.php

Your bud in this first pic looks like similar to the bud I get up in the mountains of Cuzco and down in Iquitos, Peru, on the Amazon.
cost about $2US/28g
picture.php

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes this is the normal form you get weed from south of the US boarder, sweat cured in huge piles out in the fields. However I've never knowing tried anything from Peru, in Colombia this type of weed always looks like this (bad) but varies greatly in the quality of the effect. Some is really potent some not at all but always with that "clump" look. But this weed is not easy for me to find (Bogota) any more, in fact I can't find it. Now the only thing I even hear about is this super potent "creepy". Which is said to be a Dutch/North American hybred. But I'll go more into that when I can get some decent pics of it.

bigherb

Veteran
red rider

Its great to see you back brother ,When i first joined i admired your post an many contributions as i became educated I appreciated than even more .

The colombians you are familiar with have grabbed my attention for sometime . The Haze in particular an the incense / frankincense trait are dear to my heart an related to colombian . Im curious to hear your opinion on which colombian still hold the Frankincense /incense trait .

1luvbigherb

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks bigherb! I really enjoyed my growing and sharing in Colombia. I can't wait to start up again. I don't know many smokers here anymore but the ones I do know are young and most don't even know about the great Sativa's of the past. Everyone I know hereis only interested in this "creepy" which I don't feel is one strain but more a name for super potant hybreds the Colombians have started growing. I did however find one old contact and he's going to find some of the really good punta roja for me.

bigherb

Veteran
Thanks bigherb! I really enjoyed my growing and sharing in Colombia. I can't wait to start up again. I don't know many smokers here anymore but the ones I do know are young and most don't even know about the great Sativa's of the past. Everyone I know hereis only interested in this "creepy" which I don't feel is one strain but more a name for super potant hybreds the Colombians have started growing. I did however find one old contact and he's going to find some of the really good punta roja for me.

It seems to be beautiful place i one day wish to visit for several reasons such as the women food an pure sativas .

I wish you luck in your new project an await an update ,I recal you speaking highly of punta roja while doin my home work lol .You said it was the best .

I published an article The True Origin of Haze which i was told to be punta roja .If you havnt read it here is alink below from a thread that was started here at IC

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=225675

If recall the thread started by Atreyu (punto rojo y mangobiche ) it was in the colombian mountains an shows that much of what has been reported in spot on to the comparison of the Original haze

Anyways i hope you aquire some punta roja stock an look forward to your progress

1luvbigherb

dbuzz

Veteran
Red rider! We were all missing your pictures in the vacation thread when you left. :D Welcome back.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you my friends, since the late 70s when I first tried the Colombian Gold (Santa Marta) I fell in love with the differnt types of Colombian weed and the women from there.
Then in early 2002 when I went to Colombia for the first time I knew that I had to live in this wonderful country. After 25 years (the last really good Punta Roja I had in the USA was about 78 then the Colombian start being "mersh") I was able to obtain fresh Punta Roja & SMG for like $15-$20 a pound. Now there's a lot of garbage domesticly(sp) but when I grew out the real deal it was much better then what the seed came from. To me the good reds and golds from Colombia are the best "high" I've ever had and I will bring it back.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where the reds come from

Where the reds come from

This is a few hours away from where I live but it's very remote and the weed from here has as I was told never been crossed with anything. This is where I got my first bud when I returned in late 11. The old man I got it from said it was the best "pura" and he didn't really want to sell it to me and of course no pics.

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice thread, thanks for the info, its ver y beautiful where u are, ur lucky to have good smoke and nice views.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My pleasure Avinash.miles, I was a member here 5 years ago, if you search "redrider" you can ck out my past posts & threads.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got a new batch of creepy and it is super potent! No seeds and lightly compressed, with beautiful smell and taste. The effect comes on slow so I end up burning too much before I realize it. The effect peaks about 30 mintues after smoking and is very Sativa feeling at first then turns into the classic Colombian high that last for hours and no burn out. I'm very happy with this batch but I know soon I'll be growing better.

Peace from Colombia

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Red, are you a Colombiano, American, other? I've always had the dream of going to Colombia and picking up some authentic Santa Marta Gold seeds but have been advised it's very dangerous to associate with anyone in the Colombian drug business and would likely end up imprisoned or killed in the mountains. Just curious how you're able to safely acquire buds there.

Would you expect to be able to find some seeded Santa Marta Gold bud if you had time and patience, and if so, you think it's still the same SMCG from the 70/80s?

Thanks.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombia

Colombia

Red, are you a Colombiano, American, other? I've always had the dream of going to Colombia and picking up some authentic Santa Marta Gold seeds but have been advised it's very dangerous to associate with anyone in the Colombian drug business and would likely end up imprisoned or killed in the mountains. Just curious how you're able to safely acquire buds there.

Would you expect to be able to find some seeded Santa Marta Gold bud if you had time and patience, and if so, you think it's still the same SMCG from the 70/80s?

Thanks.
Hi, I'm an American that is married to a Colombian woman. There are many safe places to go in Colombia and in the past I've always been able to easily find great bud like we had back in the 70s. However now here I'm at in Bogota it seems most of the people I know that smoke are young and really like the new creepy bud that is said to be about 18% THC. The best gold & reds are said to be like 8% THC, but the effect is to me is better from the classic Colombian then the new super potent bud being grown here. But try going to Cartagena first, its very safe there and on the beach you will be offered everything you can think of. Just be very careful as always.

Peace from Colombia

Last edited: